MRP: Kosi 1 week, Fiora Reprimand

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Firstly it didnt sound like you were being nice to me. Second I said I had the woest post on here not I am the worst poster. I have already said I wouldnt have a clue on the other question and if it is wrong the Saints will challenge. How many times can I answer that. And lastly sorry I got that wrong should have said 2 days of either posting to Roger about RL and Gt or we are getting picked on posts. Hope that answers your questions.
your apology is accepted.

Being referred to as the worst poster from you is akin to receiving a 'gong'.
Thank you for the compliment and the apology.

You can now go back to having a good laugh with your mates again.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

hodge was looked at
Contact between Hawthorn's Luke Hodge and St Kilda's Luke Ball from the fourth quarter of Saturday's match was assessed. Hodge had his eyes on the ball at all times and the incident was seen as a legitimate attempt to spoil by the panel. No further action was taken.
http://afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabi ... wsId=63803

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saintschampions08
Club Player

mick13 wrote:Goddamit, cant even jumper punch someone in this game anymore... what next, no bumps? no tackles? no dont argues? if you push a player just slightly you get red carded? Sin bin? offside?

lol...getting a little carried away there.

Ah well, looks like we'll only win by 10 goals this week then. :(
Yeah your right...punching people in the face should be acceptable...bloody AFL.

I can't believe they suspended Hall for 7 weeks as well, panzies. :roll: :roll: :roll:

jk23
Club Player

I saw Kosi giving him that jumper punch and hit , not major but I was worried, then I saw the replay, if your in red,white and black they just pounce!! have seen alot worse and no report...... :cry:

SaintPM
Club Player

I think the Hawthorn dud should have been given the week for being so bloody short that Kosi had to hit his face and not his chest.

Sign Sealed for Life
golden hawk
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:Did the MRP take into account that Osbourne followed the play (was not involved) and shoved Kosi into the interchange area after the ball was out. It was probably unexpected by Kosi. Again the retaliator gets done for reacting.

This kind of dog act is becoming more prevalent. It will result in someone being injured as they get pushed into the fence after a hard chase.
if i remember Kosi did something to Changa Ossie had words which they ended up wrestling Kosi's first hit Ossie in the mouth or chin area i think that was the incident or was it a different one?

golden hawk
Club Player

Saints in 20?? wrote:Uh ..he did punch him in the face hard.
I know the s*** we have copped at the tribunal, but this 1 seems fair. Would be fun tho if they were more consistent with the players that belt St.Kilda players.
tribunal is never fair , should have seen what the Melbourne players got away with doing to the hawks or even look at the bump that Campbell brown got the week for A Davey did the same bump on a hawk player nothing J Brown on S Mitchell nothing , i think they are very inconsistent they will ping a player one week for say a tummy punch [ what Crawf got a week for] then the next week someone does same punch and gets nothing

they wonder why we grumble at them and the umps

Ice Wolf
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:hodge was looked at
Contact between Hawthorn's Luke Hodge and St Kilda's Luke Ball from the fourth quarter of Saturday's match was assessed. Hodge had his eyes on the ball at all times and the incident was seen as a legitimate attempt to spoil by the panel. No further action was taken.
I'm sure he did, but was it the football or the Luke Ball he had his eyes on?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

was it crawford who said he was tracking the ball in the eyes of the player he belted to get off the tribunal?

fair dinkum the buy some BS stories sometimes.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Kosi getting a week is irrelevant.

Hawks couldn't handle their own trademark.

Absolutely hopeless when the boot is on the other foot.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
golden hawk
Club Player

Ice Wolf wrote:
Hodge is a fair player and i am not saying that cause i am a hawk , he is not like some players who do do things to others with no eyes on the ball he would be after the ball and that would be it he would not be whacking bally in the head deliberately , he is not like picket the corne brothers etc etc etc

he is hard at the ball and nothing else whether you believe me well i don't know but i would swear on a bible that what i say is true

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:
Hodge is a fair player and i am not saying that cause i am a hawk , he is not like some players who do do things to others with no eyes on the ball he would be after the ball and that would be it he would not be whacking bally in the head deliberately , he is not like picket the corne brothers etc etc etc

he is hard at the ball and nothing else whether you believe me well i don't know but i would swear on a bible that what i say is true
this is the same Hodge that got reported for 'belting' Ball in the head in the first pre-season game they played against each other?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It was stupid, undisciplined and he let his team-mates down.......nothing to be gained by that, and he showed no mental strength by getting sucked in by Osborne......

Kosi did a similar thing against Richmond earlier this season....

golden hawk
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
golden hawk wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:

this is the same Hodge that got reported for 'belting' Ball in the head in the first pre-season game they played against each other?
?
don't remember i think that was not deliberate if it was but as i said you probably won't believe me any way so i will leave it at that
Last edited by golden hawk on Mon 21 Jul 2008 11:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Just watched it a couple of times.

Hmmmm, accept the one week I reckon, then move on.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

[quote="golden hawk?
don't remember i think that was not deliberate if it was but as i said you probably won't believe me any way so i will live it at that[/quote]

GoldenHawk,
I admire your passion and spirited defense of your beloved Hawks, and I'm sure you're no different to us with our Saints players in that respect.

BUT there comes a time when you have to stop and think about 'blind faith' in your players and their motives.

I have my pro-Saints bias when I'm looking at these incidents just as much as you have your pro-Hawks bias when looking at the same incident.

In this particular incident for it to be as you perceive it to have been (an accident) why did Hodge's fist hit Ball on the side of the head? Was he expecting the footy to be where Ball's head was? Why would he think that?
Was he expecting ball to mark the footy between his teeth? Of course he wasn't - that is a nonsensical expectation.

Go back and have another look - Hodge's punch was a 'swinging arm punch'. I know he's good but do you really believe he intentionally used a 'round arm swipe' trying to meet the footy at exactly the instant Ball was going to mark it in front of his face?
Seems a little far-fetched to me.

In my experience most legitimate attempted spoils from behind are a 'straight punch' so as to not 'take out the arms of your opponent, which is an automatic free kick.
The fact that Hodge chose to use the 'roundarm' leads me to suspect he was not really trying to spoil the mark.

I remember years ago that Stewie Loewe got reported for striking Strawbs O'Dwyer (from Melbourne) at a boundary throw in. Stewie's defense was that he was aiming at the footy and accidentally hit O'Dwyer flush in the face. The Tribunal believed Stewie!
I met O'Dwyer at a function some time later and raised that incident with him. His response was that if I beieved that it was an accident, I had no idea. He went on to say that players generally are not that 'clumsy' to mistake a head for a footy, and that a 'roundarm' attempt is a dead giveaway.

Since then I've got to say he seems to have been pretty right with what I've seen.

Think about it logically.
If you are not allowed to 'chop your opponent's arms' in a marking contest why would you choose to use a spoil that almost guarantees you giving away a free?
No AFL footballer would choose that let alone a very good one.

golden hawk
Club Player

ok i can see what your saying and yes i know i can be a bit bias as we all can i may be wrong but i am going on feeling here but i will leave it there as i don't remember the pre season one so can't really comment and the one just gone well maybe i have not looked at it enough as long as bally is ok i don't mind him nice guy just like his brother

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:ok i can see what your saying and yes i know i can be a bit bias as we all can i may be wrong but i am going on feeling here but i will leave it there as i don't remember the pre season one so can't really comment and the one just gone well maybe i have not looked at it enough as long as bally is ok i don't mind him nice guy just like his brother
you have a good night.
It's a pleasure to debate the issues with you. :)

golden hawk
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
golden hawk wrote:ok i can see what your saying and yes i know i can be a bit bias as we all can i may be wrong but i am going on feeling here but i will leave it there as i don't remember the pre season one so can't really comment and the one just gone well maybe i have not looked at it enough as long as bally is ok i don't mind him nice guy just like his brother
you have a good night.
It's a pleasure to debate the issues with you. :)
you have a good night to , same here always a pleasure having a good debate with you lot [ i learn a bit off you guys ] :D

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

10 news just reported Kosi has accepted one week ban

Before Im 85
SaintWodonga
Club Player

You'd think MG will be a walk up start??? Interesting to see how the WCE fans treat MG...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
SaintDippa
Club Player

Is it only me that thinks the club are soft when it comes to challenging these decisions?

One match (1 + loading - early plea) is a bit excessive for an action that occurs every week. The catagorisation of the contact as 'Reckless' should be questioned as it was partly due to {enter a qualified bio-mechanist} Osborne's backward movement that caused the Kosi fist forward.

If the contact could be shown to be 'negligent' could the outcome be different i.e. one week down to a repremand for the early plea?

Yeah I should move on, but the acceptance of Baker's 'attempting to strike' hurt him when outted for whatever he did to Farmer. Challenge the Farmer decision and the next incident will not carry over any history.

Don't know. Seem to me that on the dodgy ones we roll over and accept to easily.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

MRP made sure he had no choice but to accept.

Kosi was instrumental in beating WC last year over there - 10 marks and four goals.

my les foote
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:Just watched it a couple of times.

Agreed. Undisciplined act. Deserved a week. Hope he learned something.

Win it for HIM!
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

my les foote wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:Just watched it a couple of times.

Agreed. Undisciplined act. Deserved a week. Hope he learned something.
The only way they learn is to bring them back through Vfl!

Before Im 85