Ruck work of King

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
howlinwolf wrote:Unfortunately I didn't see the game last night due to work but it has me wondering how far could we have gone in 2004/2005 with a ruckman like King feeding our mids of that era ?
Me too.

Our mids in 04/05 did super jobs given the uck support but just imagine NOT having to rove opposition taps and having the confidence out of the middle to workto your own ruckman.....hhmmm...
I agree Gt should have gone for a ruckman instead of Goddard or Dal when he had the chance.

ffs.......flower me....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Stinger please tell me you knew I was being sarcastic. Teffers obviously was pointing out we should have had a ruckman and I was saying who did he want us to miss out on. Dont solicitors need to pass high school.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
howlinwolf wrote:Unfortunately I didn't see the game last night due to work but it has me wondering how far could we have gone in 2004/2005 with a ruckman like King feeding our mids of that era ?
Me too.

Our mids in 04/05 did super jobs given the uck support but just imagine NOT having to rove opposition taps and having the confidence out of the middle to workto your own ruckman.....hhmmm...
I agree Gt should have gone for a ruckman instead of Goddard or Dal when he had the chance.
Mate you need a spell. Your bluing with everyone on the Board and struggling which is a shame cause once upon a time your footy views were some of the first Id read.

For the record coulda, shoulda, woulda, doesnt cut it re: ruckman in 04-05. We had Ackland....Knobel and were then told conveniently Kosi was "in the top 3 or 4 in the AFL" (I fell over when I heard that tripe) and then we get "all is ok Blake will do as a ruck"

F@rk me what part of that dont you get?

5 years to fix our ruck nightmare and he faile. It must kill you that Lyon has addressed it 1.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Me too.

Mate you need a spell. Your bluing with everyone on the Board and struggling which is a shame cause once upon a time your footy views were some of the first Id read.

For the record coulda, shoulda, woulda, doesnt cut it re: ruckman in 04-05. We had Ackland....Knobel and were then told conveniently Kosi was "in the top 3 or 4 in the AFL" (I fell over when I heard that tripe) and then we get "all is ok Blake will do as a ruck"

5 years to fix our ruck nightmare and he faile. It must kill you that Lyon has addressed it 1.
Unlike you I support the Saints whoever the coach is. Tell me what GT could have done to get a better ruckman in the side. He and bevo tried many and they failed as RL has done with some of his recruits. When we win the flag I will tell you that RL has done better than GT till then I will just hope we win and if the ruckman win it for us fantastic. As for bluing POT KETTLE BLACK

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Me too.

Unlike you I support the Saints whoever the coach is. Tell me what GT could have done to get a better ruckman in the side. He and bevo tried many and they failed as RL has done with some of his recruits. When we win the flag I will tell you that RL has done better than GT till then I will just hope we win and if the ruckman win it for us fantastic. As for bluing POT KETTLE BLACK
Plugger Im not the one on here threatening to meet blokes at the footy cause Im "scary looking".....your clearly struggling....

That aside...

I made a comment about how great it woulda been to have had a ruck option like King in 04/05. All you wanna do is argue your love child Grant Thomas - hes gone move the f@Rk on.

FACT - 5 years FAILED to deliver this club a proper ruck set up

FACT - Lyons done it in 1.

BTW why does Lyon have to win a flag to be better than GT?......all he has to do to surpass that record is make one doesnt he? I mean GT didnt?
Stan Alves has him covered.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3 things. GT isnt my love child but unlike some on here I dont think he should have been sacked.
2 It is 2 preseasons for RL to fix it not one.
3 Apparently according to some on here GT failed because we didnt win a flag so to be better RL needs to win a flag not just make a GF.

And finally I would still love to know what GT and Bevo could have done to get true ruckmen. As Isaid would you give up Dal. Goose, Kosi, Bj, Rooy. It aint that easy.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:3 things. GT isnt my love child but unlike some on here I dont think he should have been sacked.
3 Apparently according to some on here GT failed because we didnt win a flag so to be better RL needs to win a flag not just make a GF.

And finally I would still love to know what GT and Bevo could have done to get true ruckmen. As Isaid would you give up Dal. Goose, Kosi, Bj, Rooy. It aint that easy.
so no ruck trades occured in GT's 5 yr reign? we could do nothing is your excuse????...and hes not your love child u reckon?

Lyons DOING something bout the list HAS done something bout the fitness and IS at least instilling some accountability into our side that was found wanting IMHO under Thomas (yeah we looked good when we attacked......when oppositions stopped that so did we stop..)

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:3 things. GT isnt my love child but unlike some on here I dont think he should have been sacked.

so no ruck trades occured in GT's 5 yr reign? we could do nothing is your excuse????...and hes not your love child u reckon?

Lyons DOING something bout the list HAS done something bout the fitness and IS at least instilling some accountability into our side that was found wanting IMHO under Thomas (yeah we looked good when we attacked......when oppositions stopped that so did we stop..)
That is my point. We got many ruckmen but they werent good enough.They tried but missed out . As for comparing what RL is good at and GT it is way too early.