Robert Walls

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

gooner wrote:
brown-coat wrote:[

brown-coat believed the list was in decline. .
So browncoat talks about himself in the third person does he ? Hmm. Interesting.
Nassty Robert lied to brown-coat. Stole his preciousss

We hates him, don't we?

suss
Club Player

St_Cave wrote:Quote:
RW was a premiership winning coach and player. Clearly he wasn't and these facts are just made up in order to make him sound more important.

Robert Walls may have been a premiership coach but he also destroyed great teams (the very reason he kept being sacked from half the clubs in the AFL)? Walls may have been a great player, but you could write what he knows about coaching on the back of a postage stamp. (IMHO) i may be wrong i suppose we will get a chance to see if RL gets the chance to stay on next year.

I think you are also neglecting to mention that Rodney Eade was already a relatively succsesful proven coach before the choice was made.
I appreciate why you might not like Rob Walls. He's not too popular around here so I'm not about to defend him personally. But to suggest what he knows about football could be written on a postage-stamp is a tiny bit unfair.

After all he play 260 odd games of footy over 440 goals. He coached Carlton to two grand finals - winning one - and he's a member of the AFL Hall of Fame. HE's also a special comments man for Fotxtel, Ten, 3AW and the Age.

Just remind me again (coz my dementia’s kicking) in but what are your credentials??

matrix
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Nassty Robert lied to brown-coat. Stole his preciousss

We hates him, don't we?

classic....i just finished watching all 3 extended versions too.....
made me laugh

walls didnt hire RL...it was a recommendation
now...unless the board walls and RL are all secret hand shaking douche bags then everyone needs to stop blaming wallsy.
yes he is a dill
yes he knows he said Rl was the right man.
and prob yes he knows that he didnt hold a gun to anyones head and say u must appoint RL.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

brown-coat wrote:Larry, Moe, Curly and Robert Walls was the selection commitee.

End of discussion.
HEY!! Your insulting my beloved 3 stooges!! :evil:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Never understood all the hatred that flows too Walls from this site. He's not my favourite specials comments commentator,but he's certainly not the worst. I'd take his opinion over 80% of the football genius's on here :roll:

Are people still angry after the spray he gave us during that pathetic excuse of an attempt that was the 2005 preliminary final? He hit the nail on the head and some couldn't handle the truth!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Never understood all the hatred that flows too Walls from this site. He's not my favourite specials comments commentator,but he's certainly not the worst. I'd take his opinion over 80% of the football genius's on here :roll:

Are people still angry after the spray he gave us during that pathetic excuse of an attempt that was the 2005 preliminary final? He hit the nail on the head and some couldn't handle the truth!
Walls is ok in print, when he has had time to think about what he is saying. But as a live-to-air commentator he just endlessly blurts out a stream of often out there opinions which are typically ill-considered and often biased (in favour of Carlton in general and the various players and AFL figures he likes in particular).

If, by this comment,
the spray he gave us during that pathetic excuse of an attempt that was the 2005 preliminary final? He hit the nail on the head and some couldn't handle the truth
you are referring to his unforgettable and unforgivable comment that Matt Maguire should have gotten straight up and played on after Barry Hall whacked him in the guts (and we have subsequenly seen what sort of a punch Hall can deliver), then I don't think you have any right to describe yourself as Saints suporter. :twisted:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: If, by this comment,
the spray he gave us during that pathetic excuse of an attempt that was the 2005 preliminary final? He hit the nail on the head and some couldn't handle the truth
you are referring to his unforgettable and unforgivable comment that Matt Maguire should have gotten straight up and played on after Barry Hall whacked him in the guts (and we have subsequenly seen what sort of a punch Hall can deliver), then I don't think you have any right to describe yourself as Saints suporter. :twisted:
No wonder we are a rabble then :roll:

It was a preliminary final,not a kindergarden bullyfest FFS! However the lack of anything after halftime was more to my point

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
meher baba wrote: If, by this comment,
No wonder we are a rabble then :roll:

It was a preliminary final,not a kindergarden bullyfest FFS! However the lack of anything after halftime was more to my point

Ahhhh....but they gloss over this Jonesy....after all.....we were at our "peak" in 05, led by 15 pts at 3 qtr time and got run over - EVEN WITH the MAN MOTIVATOR at the helm??? (I mean all Lyon needs to do is motivate right? cause once he flicks the "motivation switch" this finely tuned St Kilda V8 Dodgy and others tell us all about will splutter into action.........wont it? :roll:

To some thats "sustainable success" and thats frightening.....to the REALLY scary ones we still posess a list equivalent of 04/05.......thats just f@rkon stupidity right there.....

“Yeah….nah””
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:I find it odd that no journalist, to my knowledge, has questioned him on his reccomendation.
He was questioned on the weekend about his selection of Lyon as Saints coach and he said he was a member of a coaching PANEL that selected Lyon,Walls said whilst he had input it wasn't his sole decision...

He then said he should write a column on the selection process to bring all those that don't have a clue how the selection process works up to speed...

Lyon's problem is he doesn't have the cattle......

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Behind Play wrote:I find it odd that no journalist, to my knowledge, has questioned him on his reccomendation.
He was questioned on the weekend about his selection of Lyon as Saints coach and he said he was a member of a coaching PANEL that selected Lyon,Walls said whilst he had input it wasn't his sole decision...

He then said he should write a column on the selection process to bring all those that don't have a clue how the selection process works up to speed...

And IIRC, Mike Sheahan questioned him both on Radio and On the Couch a few weeks back about it.

Walls maintained that in his opinion Lyon was the best candidate and that nothing he has seen since would cause him to change that opinion.

Unfortunatley you could have Ross Smith and every other member of that Coaching Sub-Committee come out and tell the world what actually transpired and there would still be 'ostriches' on here pushing the 'Walls appointed Lyon' BS because it suits their purposes.

Never let the facts get in the way fo a true agenda.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

bobmurray wrote:

He HAD the cattle, or the vast majority of it required, he has subsequently coached every living inch of instinct and motivation right out of this group. He is not a coaches arsehole.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

He HAD the cattle, or the vast majority of it required, he has subsequently coached every living inch of instinct and motivation right out of this group. He is not a coaches arsehole.
Is that your professional opinion as a
coach?
or
coach's rectum?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Its my opinion, take it or leave it, I CGAF.

IMO, he has shown absolutely sweet bugger all, Zilch, nada, nothing..

There are NO signs he has coaching nouse, or can inspire and motivate players. Not one sinlge player has improved under him, the team as a whole has gone to shite, and we play with NO system whatsoever. A complete and utter total unaadultared failure.

Yes, the list is below par, but give a half decent coach with a average list (and our core is way above average), and I gaureentee you will see some sign of a workable system/method out on the field. It just wont come off, but you will see it.

How anyone can say he has done anything at all positive for this club is totally beyond me.

Like I said, my opinion, thats what we are here for.

The wrong decision was made, and now it seems we have to suffer the consequences, because to make some hard decisions and cut him loose sooner rather than later isnt on according to some, just because apparently we will look like a rabble.

WE ARE a f****** rabble right now !! Time to act.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Its my opinion, take it or leave it, I CGAF.

IMO, he has shown absolutely sweet bugger all, Zilch, nada, nothing..

There are NO signs he has coaching nouse, or can inspire and motivate players. Not one sinlge player has improved under him, the team as a whole has gone to shite, and we play with NO system whatsoever. A complete and utter total unaadultared failure.

Yes, the list is below par, but give a half decent coach with a average list (and our core is way above average), and I gaureentee you will see some sign of a workable system/method out on the field. It just wont come off, but you will see it.

How anyone can say he has done anything at all positive for this club is totally beyond me.

Like I said, my opinion, thats what we are here for.

The wrong decision was made, and now it seems we have to suffer the consequences, because to make some hard decisions and cut him loose sooner rather than later isnt on according to some, just because apparently we will look like a rabble.

WE ARE a f****** rabble right now !! Time to act.
I'm glad you made your opinion public.
I couldn't tell what you were thinking from the multiple posts you made over the past week or so.

Now if you could help me with one other little query.

Given that you've told us Ross Lyon isn't one, what does a coach's rectum look like?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Hey man, try and find a thread I started about him, you wont. If Im reading one, Ill stick my 2 bob in, cause I can and thats my right, just like you.

By the way, Im a little concerned with your interest in rectums.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Hey man, try and find a thread I started about him, you wont. If Im reading one, Ill stick my 2 bob in, cause I can and thats my right, just like you.

Just curiosity as you profess to be expert enough to tell us all that Lyon isn't one! :)

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

it's a good point Mr.Magic

for those that want him gone... who would you replace him with?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:Hey man, try and find a thread I started about him, you wont. If Im reading one, Ill stick my 2 bob in, cause I can and thats my right, just like you.

Just curiosity as you profess to be expert enough to tell us all that Lyon isn't one! :)
Well mr magic, if I phrase it "isnt fit to be a ..... " maybe the penny will drop for you. :shock: :D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:it's a good point Mr.Magic

Apparently Aussie Jones is doing a good job in the under 18 comp even though they are only sixth and has plenty of experience at Narre Warren.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

It apparently doesn't matter who it is, as long as its not Lyon.
But Iwantmeseats would prefer that whoever he/she is they be a 'coach's rectum' as well. :)

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

Apparently Aussie Jones is doing a good job in the under 18 comp even though they are only sixth and has plenty of experience at Narre Warren.
Vey nice. There is one. He COULDNT do worse than RL, and he is one of ours (nice, but yes, not necessary). There was a bunch of other "outstanding" candidates for the job when ole rossy got appointed.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Well that's probably better credentials than Lyon had when he was appointed by Walls and RB.

And he also fits the 'criteria' being demanded by many that he not be a 'novice' coach.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:

But Iwantmeseats would prefer that whoever he/she is they be a 'coach's rectum' as well. :)
Wow, you are a rectum man arent you!? Ill tip you that you can safely indulge that fetish of yours to its fullest right here on this medium your using right now! Just not on this site. But ...getting warmer....google....WARMER....

:shock: :D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Vey nice. There is one. He COULDNT do worse than RL, and he is one of ours (nice, but yes, not necessary). There was a bunch of other "outstanding" candidates for the job when ole rossy got appointed.
Are wasnt serious and I hope you arent either. Yep half a year in under 18 comp cant beleive we dont appoint him now. Oh I forgot Narre Warren as well.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Wow, you are a rectum man arent you!? Ill tip you that you can safely indulge that fetish of yours to its fullest right here on this medium your using right now! Just not on this site. But ...getting warmer....google....WARMER....

:shock: :D
I 'googled' warmer but it didn't help me in my quest :?:

I figured that you were an expert in coach's rectums since you raised it as the 'major failing' of Lyon as our coach.
I'm just an uneducated pleb, never having seen a coach's rectum to be able to make the comparison as to whether Lyon was or wasn't one.
:)