?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I think that by being critical and honest, this forum is doing the best thing by the club.

Because nobody at the club seems to care about us.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

degruch wrote:
yipper wrote:
saint66au wrote:With ya on this one AOK!!

Yes its a Forum, but its a very lop-sided one at the moment

Contrary to popular belief, having a bit of faith in your side isnt just mindless blind optimism. Its why Ive supported the Saints for 40 years through times a bloody sight tougher than this.

Theres a touch too much "Unless you are bagging the side and the coach you obviously arent watching the game and have no idea about football" attitude atm.

IMHO of course 8-)
Yep. Agree - a lot on here were obviously not around during the 80's when we were really shite, they all seem to think the world has ended cos we're losing games again. It will turn around - when and how is beyond our control. But the board is onto it - they are concerned.
Bloody kids.

I've said it before, this forum reads more like a Crows fan forum...we would have been extatic to have picked up 5 wins halfway through a season during the 80's! I signed up here to discuss Saints stuff with Saints fans (being stranded here in Adelaide), but am a little disappointed to find that not everyone is as 'hardened' as I thought...there's some miserable bastards on here...stick fat and harden the f*** up SaintSational!
Your a gem. A thread for all us die hards I love it

Saints43
Club Player

...we would have been extatic to have picked up 5 wins halfway through a season during the 80's!
Honestly, who cares what you were happy with in the '80s?

It was an unregulated market and we were a poor team. We were never going to win a lot of games. It's not like that any more.

I reckon people are entitled to get annoyed about whatever they want.

If you want a forum to reminisce and shrug your shoulders while waiting for it to come good then all well and good. Don't tell me how to support, what to support.

If your interested I'll tell you what annoys me... fans who only see games on TV (one 20th of the playing field most of the time) telling people who went to the match who played well, who worked hard, what the gameplan looks like...

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:Honestly, who cares what you were happy with in the '80s?
Honestly, who cares you're unhappy now? Didn't know this forum was a 'who cares' competition. Go to another thread if you want to whinge with supporters who think we're a write-off already, this is positive affirmation time.
Saints43 wrote:If your interested I'll tell you what annoys me... interstate fans who only see games on TV (one 20th of the playing field most of the time) telling people who went to the match who played well, who worked hard, what the gameplan looks like...
Or do you mean, interstate fans full stop? I'm actually a WA born, Victorian raised South Australian...does that give me the right to support YOUR club, or do I need to be a current Victorian resident? Xenophobic much?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

well how about u give me some
A. extra time
B. the airfare to fly over every week
and
C. some decent excuses for me to give to my footy coach why i cant play on saturdays anymore when the saints are on.

sorry for being an interstate member.
i'll refrain from commenting on anything in future in your st kilda forum

:P :P

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:im sick of reading sack the friggin coach threads........
i have made my views on his coaching ability known...but still, im sick of seeing dumb ass threads about sacking the flipping coach.

frigging trolling multiples.

just thought id say that........which basically has nothing to do with this thread :?
Well I'm sick of reading endless threads bagging the players in general, the list in general, and the likes of Blake, R Clarke, L Fisher, A Fiora, NDS, Kosi, etc., etc.

But I know that there will be hundreds more of them in the next few months, as there will be hundreds (or at least dozens) of sack the coach threads over the same period. And there's nothing that either of us can do about it.

If I can get over it, so can you. If not, I suggest you try this forum.

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/forums/

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
bob__71
Club Player

But the moderators could certaily do something about it

matrix
Saintsational Legend

theres a difference between someone who has been here for years asking for the coach to be given the flick and who backs it up with valid points
compare to
someone called 'the troll from princess park' posting two liners saying the coach should be sacked...

that, something can be done about.

bob__71
Club Player

I personally dont think there would be any harm in a few of the regulars in here being on the recieving end of a two week ban every now and then...when they carry on like spoilt brats.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:I personally dont think there would be any harm in a few of the regulars in here being on the recieving end of a two week ban every now and then...when they carry on like spoilt brats.
setting yourself up as a moderator are you Bob.?That to go with your name the troll thread. You're sounding a bit self-righteous there Bob.
The level of discontent and angst is perfectly understandable. For me, I've supported the Saints for over forty years and it pisses me off no end to see our shot at a flag once again disappear into the bloody sunset. How f**kin' long do I have to wait for flag before it's ok to vent and whinge about our lack of success. It looks seriously as though we've pissed a great opportunity to finally win a second flag up against the wall and I'm supposed to just stay positive???? About what?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

what's the harm in some positivity-- It has to start somewhere

belief in the TEAM and the CLUB
Ok we're disappointed -

but why after some have pointed out their disapointment do they hae to ram it down our throats every thread???????? yes

let some of us enjoy Just being sainters- and affirming that no matter what happens we'll still be here next week and next year.

heck when I think about it I've been through as many coaches as Max,
But guess what- there will be 22 young men out there on saturday giving it their best-
and yes they are as frustrated and dissappointed as the rest of us- surely we can show our belief- tell them we know they will work through it

if you don't like positive- go to one of the other threads-- if you don't like some posters or threads- don't read them- I'm sure many don't read mine-- heck I've been around long enough to learn that
If you don't agree say so- BUT if you don't want an answer on it- get the thread locked before you finish posting. them No one can disagree with you

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
bob__71 wrote:I personally dont think there would be any harm in a few of the regulars in here being on the recieving end of a two week ban every now and then...when they carry on like spoilt brats.
setting yourself up as a moderator are you Bob.?That to go with your name the troll thread. You're sounding a bit self-righteous there Bob.
The level of discontent and angst is perfectly understandable. For me, I've supported the Saints for over forty years and it pisses me off no end to see our shot at a flag once again disappear into the bloody sunset. How f**kin' long do I have to wait for flag before it's ok to vent and whinge about our lack of success. It looks seriously as though we've pissed a great opportunity to finally win a second flag up against the wall and I'm supposed to just stay positive???? About what?[/quote]

Are you talking about the last season?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote:
st.byron wrote:[ whinge about our lack of success. It looks seriously as though we've pissed a great opportunity to finally win a second flag up against the wall and I'm supposed to just stay positive???? About what?[/quote]

Are you talking about the last season?
WF, am talking about having a team that has shown so much promise but hasn't delivered. I'm talking about the slide in our performances whilst we still have players like Roo, Dal, Bally.
Am talking about Lyon's p*ss poor effort at gelling the list into a team.
Am talking about players like X, Raph, Goose, Penny, Koschitzke to name a few who have seriously failed to live up to expectations. We're heading south and it's hard to swallow when it seriously looked a couple of years back as though we would be a force for an extended period. I'm talking about the bitter disappointment of that fact when I've been waiting such a long f**king time for a flag.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Penny? Have I missed something (living interstate, watching my TV)???

matrix
Saintsational Legend

hehehehe...

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Penny? Have I missed something (living interstate, watching my TV)???
Penny's knee was stuffed and he retired at 24y.o. Goose breaks his leg, suffers stress fractures to his careers goes to shyte. Those two right there I was hoping would be our CHB and FB for six or seven years.
Kosi and X are top three draft picks who fail to deliver on their promise. Raph is a #8 draft pick who's given us SFA. Just bloody disappointing.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
degruch wrote:Penny? Have I missed something (living interstate, watching my TV)???
Penny's knee was stuffed and he retired at 24y.o. Goose breaks his leg, suffers stress fractures to his careers goes to shyte. Those two right there I was hoping would be our CHB and FB for six or seven years.
Kosi and X are top three draft picks who fail to deliver on their promise. Raph is a #8 draft pick who's given us SFA. Just bloody disappointing.
OK...I get ya point. I thought you were implying he was still in the team!

Taking Saint43's comments on board, I was gonna point out that I don't have a wide screen TV (so probably only about 1/27th of the game), so I could have potentially missed Penny whilst the team was chipping across the backline. But I'll rest easy now. :wink:

Yes, it is disappointing, but it's not the first time we've been in positions like this. The most exciting part of the 1980's (as most have pointed out, stunningly worse than now), was seeing the team come out of it. There was no 'tanking for draft picks' back then, just shrewed recruiting and a lot of hard work from players who mightn't have made it elsewhere. It set us up for exciting times in the early 1990's, when we became a real contenter. So, whilst I'm disappointed as hell that the team hasn't risen to the hype (so far), I'm aware of the fact that the hype was driven from external sources (like Sheahan, Walls, our ex-pres) and am looking for positives signs that we're at about 1988/9, not 1980/1.

One (small) sign is the form of some young guys...Armo's flashes of potential, Jones' improvements, plus. There's also signs that some established guys are building up to their old form (Ball, Dal), and that Hayes may be ready to wrest Harvs title as our hardworking senior mid-fielder. There's also X factors waiting in the wings, like Big Mac and Howard. Most of all, as I mentioned before, it's only the halfway mark of the season, so what's the panic about...looks like some important changes are in store this weekend.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I think it's possible to be angry and positive. I'm totally gutted at how things have panned out and opportunities missed, but I still think we could rebuild and turn it around in a short time if we do everything right (I'm thinking years rather than weeks here... though I still hope for a miracle).

I also think it's counter-productive to focus on and agonize over 'the elusive 2nd flag', but rather we should focus simply on our next flag.

Hitting the self destruct button at this stage would be equally as damaging as doing nothing and copping what's being served up.

We just need to calmly and patiently sack the coach... :wink:

yipper
SS Life Member

markp wrote:I think it's possible to be angry and positive. I'm totally gutted at how things have panned out and opportunities missed, but I still think we could rebuild and turn it around in a short time if we do everything right (I'm thinking years rather than weeks here... though I still hope for a miracle).

I also think it's counter-productive to focus on and agonize over 'the elusive 2nd flag', but rather we should focus simply on our next flag.

Hitting the self destruct button at this stage would be equally as damaging as doing nothing and copping what's being served up.

We just need to calmly and patiently sack the coach... :wink:
:lol: My two bob's worth - is that I reckon that Rossy Lyon is facing enormous pressure now (understatement??). For one, the team's performances and the way they play (maybe perception) is not going to help generate membership sales next season - they didn't coming off last season either!! This is a major concern for the board. Members will jump on in droves if there is some momentum, excitement, anticipation - we have not got this at present. The bean counters will not be happy with this and, in turn, will turn the screws and the heat right up dramatically on the coach (rightly or wrongly) It's the way footy clubs are these days. Secondly - will Channel 7 make us the marquee Friday night team again? - probably not, they'll jump on the bullies or the Hawks instead. This will effect revenue as it will be harder to get sponsors on board in future - although the board are doing fantastically well here.

Thirdly - the players will not be enjoying playing footy for us at present, this may mean some will go elsewhere - or at any event, it will create friction between teammates, player - coaches etc. It also affects confidence levels and inhibits performance. So all these factors will have the board feeling mighty edgy right now - Lyon is under huge pressure now - he will need a positive finish to the season and some deep and meaningfuls with many of our key players at season's end to ensure they all move in the one direction. If not - then we may be on the prowl for another coach - again...

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

BUMP.
Batnoe wrote:What would you do if your fans dont believe in you.... Would you believe in yourself?

Roo gets nominated for goal of the week and everyone is bagging him out... how do you think Roo will come out and play this week? will his kicking be better or worse? I think it will be worse, it is all in the head and if players dont believe in themselves as they are getting bagged they will miss what the should kick

We arent playing attractive footy, but with a confidence boost and fans believing in them they can turn it around..

We all have our favourites and non favourites but do you really need to bag on a player... Once down always down!

Schneider gets 5 goals.......everyone forgets about it and says he is shocking, why would he want to perfom? what does he have to do? I know consitancy is a great thing and i wish all players had it but if you do a good job and people bag you out anyway why would you perform the following week?

The players know what they have to do.. they have to play hard, smart footy, they know they can do it or they say they can, i am starting to think that they dont believe it because they are listening too much to what the fans are saying and it fans dont believe they believe, they wont

Goddard kicked the goal last week and tapped his heart... it it not obvious that he is telling you they have the heart... we just have to let them know that we believe and they will turn it around

stop bagging your bloody team, those that say they will not renew, well you can go and get f***ed the saints dont need you. Go and join a feral team you bunch of wankers
Thanks dude...my thoughts precicely.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:im sick of reading sack the friggin coach threads........
i have made my views on his coaching ability known...but still, im sick of seeing dumb ass threads about sacking the flipping coach.

frigging trolling multiples.

just thought id say that........which basically has nothing to do with this thread :?
Well I'm sick of reading endless threads bagging the players in general, the list in general, and the likes of Blake, R Clarke, L Fisher, A Fiora, NDS, Kosi, etc., etc.

But I know that there will be hundreds more of them in the next few months, as there will be hundreds (or at least dozens) of sack the coach threads over the same period. And there's nothing that either of us can do about it.

If I can get over it, so can you. If not, I suggest you try this forum.

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/forums/
sheesh
how about u try this one
www.knobjockey.com