Shut the bloody roof

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Raven
Club Player

n1ck wrote:
Raven wrote:I wore a t-shirt to the game with my scarf and beanie - people were giving me weird looks. Well I'm sorry, I just don't feel the cold!
What if you were dressed like your avatar?!?
Depending what the person looked like, but if more people did dress that way at the footy they might get higher numbers than 27k! 8-)

The Peanut
Club Player

From The Age
- 26th Feb 2008

... The responsibility of whether to close the roof is that of the stadium's hirer, (and in our case it's the AFL who either make a decision on our behalf or we are consulted).

The leagure hire a match manager, whose job it is to decide what to do with the roof.

For the record, in the event of rain falling heavily and continuously during an AFL match when the roof is open, the roof will stay that way until the end of that particular quarter, when it will be closed, a procedure that takes exactly eight minutes.

Dome's communications manager Bill Lane. "We're happy to help all of our ground hirers with details about our fickle weather but in the end, it's up them to decide if the roof stays open or closed.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/don ... 47944.html