Brent Guerra

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Delisting him was the right decision at the time. Hawthorn took a risk picking him up, and they turned him around and it was a good decision on their part.

No ill feelings from either side, I would bet.

karnak
Club Player

Arnie the greatest body builder in the history of man, used to train in a gym with no heating. Surrounded by concrete and rusting metal. He used to do chinups on frozen bars that would keep his hand skin when he'd finished the set :)

It is the 'feel' of a gym that matters. You want it to be grungy and dirty. You want somewhere that doesn't make it feel like a resort spa. The dirtier the better in my opinion so that when you're sweating out of your eyeballs you're not worried about making the place dirty.

Look at Gehrig clearly our 'shabby' facilities have effected his ability to be a unit.

I would actually turn it the other way, I would rather our players train in a grungy gym that has grafitti all over the walls telling them to harden up. To be honest I'd actually like it if Ross the Boss was walking around in a our gym screaming at the players and whipping them with a cat of nine tails. hehehe.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Short memories, plenty of opportunity.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I love watching him play. When he was on song, he was superb.

Shouldn't have delisted him - he was always going to come good.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Bottom line is he didn't deliver often enough when it was asked....

Plus Hawksthorn play him as a defender,we mostly used him as a forward....

Maybe they are smarter and thats why they have 9 flags and we have 1..

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
Hard at it
Club Player

GT was definitely Port Adelaides bitch, Williams destroyed GT almost every game in the coaches box, we wasted picks 6 & 31 on Brooks, wasted another draft pick on one of their delisted a duds (Ackland), and wasted pick #2 in the rookie draft on another delisted hack that was good at VFL level only (Murray)
Mark Williams must be spewing GT is no longer at the Saints, he could have brokered a deal next season for our first 2 picks for the youthful Michael Wilson or the great Toby Thurstans
The only one he seemed to have got right (Guerra) he delisted him and still f#@ked up. Pretty much sums GT up

stinger
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Whoa there guys!!

Guerra is playing a bit better now at the hawks than he did towards the end for us (he was great for much of 2004). But he's hardly a superstar.

Also,wasn't one of the key off-field issues his total lack of dedication to physical fitness!! Can you blame GT having issues with him about this?

If wed used guerra in the backline, it would have been in preference to the likes of Fish, Gram, gilbert, geary and co

Sure, he looks a better proposition than most of our guys right now

But so do most other players at most other clubs....

a dog.....after his piss poor effort in the final against the swine in 2005.....i never wanted to see him in a saints jumper again....neither did the coach.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
Buckets wrote:
And that is why we got rid of him. A bump is great in footy but you need to be able to tackle and not duck the head constantly!
hence the failure of the coaching staff to extract the form he is showing now, then

or at least retaining him, even in the magoos, to teach him these skills.

while its argued and with accurately that some players have gone backwards or are stagnant under the current coaching regime, its equally valid to point out that guerra is an example of a player who has gone forward outside the st kilda environment.
Lets be clear - Guerra was wasted under the PREVIOUS st kilda coach who couldnt develop him or bring the best out in himor at the least try him in another position.

“Yeah….nah””
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

He was absolutely deadly on goals with us for awhile....never missed a thing...then he himself went missing...for bloody ages. Disgruntled??? Beats me? I don't recognise him with all of that hair...yeah yeah! 8-)

Thomas gave him a chance. He threw it away! No loss.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!