Justin Koschitzke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:CHB is his natural position. Remember how great he was at CHB in 2001? One of the few highlights of a somewhat forgetable season.
yeah but he was younger. smaller and more mobile then. plus he's going to be too valuable forward.

saints11
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:Gee, I thought I was negative. IMO, we would be crazy to trade him!!! He is out of form, not a dud.
if you read properly it says "lately"

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:the longer he is given a set position the more he will show
agree. he's been shunted fro pillar to post for most of career. one week he's a chb, then he's a ruckman, then he's a third tall forward, then he's a ruckman drifting forward.

he's earned a crack at a key forward position and he ought to be given a fair dinkum chance to make it his own.

Ray Broughton
Club Player

degruch wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Sorry!

We are obviously talking about a different player known as Kosi.

I'm talking about Justin Koschitzke, drafted No.2 in 2000, won AFL Rising Star Award in 2001 and has done nothing since (except for 4 games in 2005).

A Rising Star that has become a Black Hole.
Yeah, we're talking about the same Kosi...the one, who despite not being able to string more than about 3 games together for the best part of 3-4 years due to injury, still pops up every now and then and kicks a bag of goals, unlike the dozens of other mystery FF's we have waiting in the wings.

The point is, we don't have a lot of other forward options like him, and trading him won't get us one either.
What possibly will then?

Injury Prone
Inconsistent
Slow
Denting the salary cap
Has had plenty of opportunities
Yet surprisingly enough still has some value on "potential" (he's 25 FFS not 19)

T.R.A.D.E while we can get something for him

Ray Broughton
~Fish Catcher and Saints Barracker~
"When I'm not watching saints, I'm catchin barra wearing my saints scarf in the 35 degree heat - that's the kinda fan I am"...
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Geez theres some w@nkers floating around this forum...

Trade Kosi.. So he can do to us what plugger, hall etc have done to us throughout our history... Why oh why do we look to always ofload our key players...

Cos w@nker supporters watch the game through the bottom of a beer glass and come to conclusions from supercoach rankings and b&f results..

watch Kosi's game closely, his attack on the ball, his body work, and most importantly, how much he bleeds for our club.. You do not trade your core foundations ffs...

Aside from this.. trade him for what exactly... 9 out of 10 trades arnt worth the piece of paper their written on... Get a grip...

He has been fine this year... settling in a difficult position like FF takes a season at least.. He and Harvs are pretty much my primary reasons of going to the footy atm.. special mention to lenny, ball, dal, roo and chips..
Please don't mention Kosi's name in the same sentence as Locketts.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz we did not trade Plugger or Hall, they both walked.

If Kosi does not produce at FF in the next 13 games (because we wont be playing finals) we should trade him to the highest bidder.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Please don't mention Kosi's name in the same sentence as Locketts.
he's not lockett ... there's only one of those.

but he could be a pretty good ff.

kicked four from limited opportunities in a team that was smashed virtually everywhere else on sunday.

to me that says he did his job and i would have thought there were more deserving candidates for the blowtorch this week.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:

kicked four from limited opportunities in a team that was smashed virtually everywhere else on sunday.

to me that says he did his job and i would have thought there were more deserving candidates for the blowtorch this week.
In fairness there are definetly a lot more candidates than Kosi to have the blowtorch applied. I'd love to see Kosi explode and tear the comp apart like we thought he was going too. If we want to be throwing up names on the trade table however,it's time this club made a few tough decisions if we want to go forward...for mine he fits the trade bait bill perfectly..unfortunatly.

We have to trade quality to get quality,and Kosi has this massive 'potential' tag along side his name, theoretically we could do very nicely out of his 'potential' come trade time. If we don't get a better offer,then we keep him,simple. I'm not looking at offloading him no matter what,I'm just looking to better our rapidly fading list. Offering up Rix and Gwilt at trade time will be met by rapturous laughter throughout the trade room.

Ray Broughton
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:

Exactly! "could" not "is".. again he's 25 not 19. I cant remember any great FF's blossoming after 25?? Correct me if I'm wrong.

He may have done his job saturday however are you forgetting the umpteen times he's done nothing with ample opportunities in a team that was smashing the opposition? That said, you have a point, granted but there is nothing to gain by trading duds for more duds. The whole point is that we can get a very decent trade for Kosi, lets take it and let someone else gamble.

Ray Broughton
"When I'm not watching saints, I'm catchin barra wearing my saints scarf in the 35 degree heat - that's the kinda fan I am"...
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Ray Broughton wrote:I cant remember any great FF's blossoming after 25?? Correct me if I'm wrong.
gehrig was a very good one. we didn't plonk him at ff until mid-way through 2003. he was probably 27 or 28 then.

Ray Broughton
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
Ray Broughton wrote:I cant remember any great FF's blossoming after 25?? Correct me if I'm wrong.
gehrig was a very good one. we didn't plonk him at ff until mid-way through 2003. he was probably 27 or 28 then.
Yeh sort of,,, G-Train was a great and consistent player beforehand all over the ground in any position he played however. Not sure Kosi has anything like that record, well he hasnt got anything near it.

Ray Broughton
The Peanut
Club Player

whew ... I must say it disappoints me to see one of our players career spoken of so loosely on the week after he kicked 4 goals in a game that we were thrashed in ... and especially considering he is just finding his feet in a forward structure that has a lot more tinkering needed before it could be called anywhere near stable.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i predict kosi will blossom as a player in the second half of this season if played as a permanent full forward.

he's never been allowed to settle into a position and is the type who will thrive on the extra responsibility.

we'll see.

Ray Broughton
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:i predict kosi will blossom as a player in the second half of this season if played as a permanent full forward.

he's never been allowed to settle into a position and is the type who will thrive on the extra responsibility.

we'll see.
I hope you're right bigcarl, I've predicted the same for the last five years. He may well do that....if..... he doesnt break down and our frontrunning midfield can supply quality ball so that he doesnt have to take a hanger to get a kick.

Ray Broughton
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

never ceases to amaze me: a sign of a team that has nearly lost it all...

good players that are performing to a realistic standard being ridiculed for not single handedly winning matches

Kosi
Roo
Dal

to name a few, are doing ok in a team that has maybe 3-4 other players performing at a reasonable level... u can't 7 players to carry the team

Ray Broughton
Club Player

skeptic wrote:never ceases to amaze me: a sign of a team that has nearly lost it all...

good players that are performing to a realistic standard being ridiculed for not single handedly winning matches

Kosi
Roo
Dal

to name a few, are doing ok in a team that has maybe 3-4 other players performing at a reasonable level... u can't 7 players to carry the team
Are you serious? To even group Riewoldt and Dal with Kosi is ridiculous.. Granted Kosi has had fragmented patches of decent play over the....ahem...years.......... And granted he did kick 4 last week. But he can hardly be classed as performing to a realistically acceptable standard throughout his career, let alone this season.

All I'm saying is he still has worth and much "potential" hence his trade bait value.

Football is a simple game, kick it through the big sticks more than the opposing side, if a player can't do that because of whatever reasons, we should be looking to TRADE, especially when there is an acceptable alternative option. I'm not saying to trade an any cost, we'd want quality, but youve got to look to better the list at all times, especially when someone could (heaven forbid) be considered as under performing.

Ray Broughton
To the top
SS Life Member

I'll buy in.

I do not see Justin as a full forward.

Too valuable, even allowing for the fixation St Kilda people have for someone who can jag a couple of goals a game.

I would like to see him as an all ground player, able to drop back to support our defence and to provide an option going into attack.

It remains my view that he is still well short of peak match fitness (because of the problems he has had over recent seasons and the "cotton wool" approach to him) and this is shown out by his legs being a little "wobbly" during games, restricting his second efforts and making him appear cumbersome from time to time, when, in fact, he is a premier athlete.

And I would not ruck him. Too valuable.

I would free him up to play as a genuine utility player.

And I would free up Riewoldt too, because his outstanding ability is his ability to gut run.

We have to look at different options for CHF (although Justin could nominally be named there) and Full Forward - and the names Allen and McEvoy are the obvious ones.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:I'll buy in.
you make some good points and sometime down the track when players such as allen and mcevoy are proven and ready it might be worth trying.

but it is the sort of thing you would not consider while we remain a mathematical chance for the finals.

there's more than one way to skin a cat.

this week i'd go with four guys up front. dal and roo at hf and kosi and milne deep. give them some space. pump it in there quickly and often. see if these four very good players can't kick us a winning score.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:I'll buy in.

I do not see Justin as a full forward.

Too valuable, even allowing for the fixation St Kilda people have for someone who can jag a couple of goals a game.

I would like to see him as an all ground player, able to drop back to support our defence and to provide an option going into attack.

It remains my view that he is still well short of peak match fitness (because of the problems he has had over recent seasons and the "cotton wool" approach to him) and this is shown out by his legs being a little "wobbly" during games, restricting his second efforts and making him appear cumbersome from time to time, when, in fact, he is a premier athlete.

And I would not ruck him. Too valuable.

I would free him up to play as a genuine utility player.

And I would free up Riewoldt too, because his outstanding ability is his ability to gut run.

We have to look at different options for CHF (although Justin could nominally be named there) and Full Forward - and the names Allen and McEvoy are the obvious ones.
I would not have thought McEvoy is obvious at FF. He may have played forward sometimes but he is a ruckman and plays like a ruckman. just because you are tall doesnt mean you can play forward. This fascination of making players play where they are not suited amazes me.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Yes, we could put any number of people at FF who have never played there before...they could be good, they could be crap, but they're untried. Kosi is a proven performer at FF, taking into account the limited time he's played there. Sure he's sporadic, but do you think Knights considered dropping Lloyd after Maxy chopped him up? Don't think so. Take into account the amount of time Kosi has spent at CHB, ruck and injured, he's learning the position quite well...if we were delivering to him properly, he'd probably be picking it up even faster.

I've gathered during my short time on this forum, that some people are gonna bitch no matter what, but before you go casting our key position players out as trade bait they must be proven to be (a) of little value to the club's future and (b) valuable as a trade. If Kosi is as crap as some of the posters above say he is, what use is he as a trade? If he is as good as some posters say he is, we'd be made to trade him anyway.

Give him 2008 at FF and let him develop...it's too early to say he's not gonna be a champion for us up forward.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
jonesy wrote:
We have to trade quality to get quality,and Kosi has this massive 'potential' tag along side his name, theoretically we could do very nicely out of his 'potential' come trade time. If we don't get a better offer,then we keep him,simple. I'm not looking at offloading him no matter what,I'm just looking to better our rapidly fading list.
Agree with Jonesy on this. Not to be given away, but not untouchable either. Up to now has been all potential and very little delivery.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

trade him.....ffs :roll:
if the thread was about trading milne then maybe i might have thought about it.
but kozi, be real.

chuck joey in there as well, we might get a better deal for two players :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To early to look at trades but if Kosi continued with this average form of course we should look at trading him. If we were offerred a very high first round, not saying we will, we would be mad not to look at it. To get quality you must trade quality.

Lets trade raph, Milney and so on. What does that get you, Nothing. Again if his season is again average and someone said you can have a very high pick I say go for it. what have lost. Lets face it not much apart from 6 years of promise and no delivery. Whoever far to early to tell.

Gilbert=Legend

Maybe if the centres passed it to him on the chest he would play better.

He has the potential, we just need to see it