trading dal santo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

congorozides
Club Player

Saints_45 wrote:I don't think Dal is the right guy to try and trade. However I think we need to have a look at trading with a team that has an excess of outside, 'faster' players who can break away from the pack for one of our more slower accountable players.

Would Essendon be interested in L.Fisher or even Blake in return for one of their attacking quick players?

Just a thought

i agree we need running breakaway guys. all our midfielders are good at winning stoppages but there is noone to give off to. occassionally gram or joey. but not often enough. we need a couple of guys on wings that can acccelerate and kick.

but we have to develop these players oursaelves. we wont get any favours in a trade deal. a good trade is very rare.

noone would take l fisher or blake.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote:
Saints_45 wrote:I don't think Dal is the right guy to try and trade. However I think we need to have a look at trading with a team that has an excess of outside, 'faster' players who can break away from the pack for one of our more slower accountable players.

Would Essendon be interested in L.Fisher or even Blake in return for one of their attacking quick players?

Just a thought

i agree we need running breakaway guys. all our midfielders are good at winning stoppages but there is noone to give off to. occassionally gram or joey. but not often enough. we need a couple of guys on wings that can acccelerate and kick.

but we have to develop these players oursaelves. we wont get any favours in a trade deal. a good trade is very rare.

noone would take l fisher or blake.
you could get l fisher to the dons and blake to carlton

the dons need a good tagger...and the blues need a tall to fill in for the next few years until the kids get good

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
jonesy wrote:B

kpp's dont grow on trees...kosi is above average

players like dal santo can be replaced through a draft
agree with Jonesy SP. Kosi is a GOP who could be above average. How long do we wait for him to deliver on his promise? Was about the only positive out of last weekend but still runs way too hot and cold, mostly cold, for me.
If he doesn't significantly lift his output by year's end, I'd call him tradeable.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

The signal to noise ratio around here has descended through the floor. :roll:

Trade Dal? Sure. And Roo, Kosi, Ball, BJ too. Why on earth would we want talented footballers here when we could have a team entirely of untried kids?

Get a grip people.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Didn't say anything about Bally, BJ or Dal. Was talking specifically about Koschitzke. Wouldn't trade Bally, Dal or BJ.

saintsrokk
Club Player

The first 6 or 7 players on our list who should be delisted would be of no interest to other clubs. That is why they should be delisted, because thay are not good enough for AFL football.
________
Vapir no2 vaporizer
Last edited by saintsrokk on Sun 20 Feb 2011 8:24am, edited 1 time in total.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:Didn't say anything about Bally, BJ or Dal. Was talking specifically about Koschitzke. Wouldn't trade Bally, Dal or BJ.
The point I'm making is not to trade any of them.

jay young
Club Player

if we traded dal it should be for a kid who actually barracked for the saints like salopek dal would have essendon in his heart goddard would have carlton in his heart . get players who love the saints here, bleed for the jumper

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Won't be traded and a stupid suggestion to trade him.

You don't get rid of players who have runs on the board and still a big upside.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

jay young wrote:if we traded dal it should be for a kid who actually barracked for the saints like salopek dal would have essendon in his heart goddard would have carlton in his heart . get players who love the saints here, bleed for the jumper
Like gram :roll:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
jay young wrote:if we traded dal it should be for a kid who actually barracked for the saints like salopek dal would have essendon in his heart goddard would have carlton in his heart . get players who love the saints here, bleed for the jumper
Like gram :roll:
And Harves, who grew up barracking for Essendon!

I would think that the total number of AFl PLayers (Listed and Rookies) who are actually playing for the same Club they barracked for prior to being drafted is very small?

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

sh1t I'm glad this forum wasn't around in the late 80's, early 90's otherwise we would have been reading threads about trading Harvey, Loewe, Burke, Winmar. What a disgrace, we have turned into the Richmond football club supporter base overnight. What makes anyone think that by trading our top players for untried draft picks will bring us any better fortune than we have now. Have a look around have any other clubs voluntarily traded any of their top 10 players for draft picks in the past 10 years!!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:sh1t I'm glad this forum wasn't around in the late 80's, early 90's otherwise we would have been reading threads about trading Harvey, Loewe, Burke, Winmar. What a disgrace, we have turned into the Richmond football club supporter base overnight. What makes anyone think that by trading our top players for untried draft picks will bring us any better fortune than we have now. Have a look around have any other clubs voluntarily traded any of their top 10 players for draft picks in the past 10 years!!
hear hear

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: trading dal santo

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:ross obviously wants the close in palyer to form a nucleus...not outside softies...lets not beat around the bush...he can be twinkletoes all he wants and exciting as however if one cannot play inside and out he becomes a liability
play him as a permanent half forward. he could be worth three or four goals a week there.

if ross and his cronies down there are looking for people to blame for our poor form maybe they should have a look in the mirror.

putting the heat on dal or kosi reeks of scapegoating to me ... an attitude i despise.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

IT'S REALLY STUPID TO BE EVEN DISCUSSING TRADING PLAYERS AT THIS TIME OF YEAR. FOR GOD'S SAKE, IT'S MAY !!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Trade Harvs.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Possibly the most stupid idea put up. How can we expect the players to hang tough, get some resolve when the supporters are panicking with illogical trade selections.

Forget Dal's bullsh1t banana kick on the run and think about his hardball get in the first quarter(?), ball was up for grabs, Dal running in from 15 metres, Lions player running in from 15 metres from the other side. Dal didn't blink, did not put in a short step and won the contested ball. An absolute gun who is not soft!!!

Look at Gram's one on one work, now that's a disgrace and another topic.

Say 'No' to stupid trade suggestions!!!

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:sadly the likes of birss and mcqualters also come out of the same draft that Dal Santo's come out of and the same draft that you could end up with a mitchell or a bartel.

there is a bit of hit and miss.
There is, but Birss was drafted in 2000, Dal Santo in 2001 and McQualter in 2004.

And Dal isn't a kid as you suggested. He's over 24 and should be in the prime of his career. He has the ability to be an elite midfielder, but simply does not run hard enough when he doesn't have the ball. That said, we would gain nothing by trading him. Dal is still one of the few saints who can hit a target.

The Doc
Club Player

degruch wrote:Trade Harvs.
He'd be one of the few players from St Kilda with any currency at the moment.

Of course, I know no-one will take him but it must be pretty embarrassing for some of our mids to be outshone week in week out by a guy almost 37.

An absolute champion.

2010 has a nice ring to it.