Gehrig set to go onto the LTI list

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterX
Club Player

Whatever happens, I want to say

Thankyou Fraser, you have provided the St Kilda fans and club with a lot of joy and entertainment over the years, and if the Magpie game was your last it was a pleasure to be there to see your finale :)

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

wasn't he on a reduced salary anyway plugger?

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:What is interesting is because his last game was in the ones he now gets paid match payments for as long as he is out. I am not saying is wrong but if he was dropped and played at Scorps and then went on LTI list he wouldnt get paid match payments. Does this worry anyone?

really? Are you positive on that?

I know if you retire because of injury you 50% of your last years contract.

If that is correct and we have the room in the salary cap I am all for it, nothing worse than a employer being miserly when there is no reason to be.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:wasn't he on a reduced salary anyway plugger?
His base was reduced but have no idea what his match payments would be.

JT
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:
plugger66 wrote:What is interesting is because his last game was in the ones he now gets paid match payments for as long as he is out. I am not saying is wrong but if he was dropped and played at Scorps and then went on LTI list he wouldnt get paid match payments. Does this worry anyone?

If that is correct and we have the room in the salary cap I am all for it, nothing worse than a employer being miserly when there is no reason to be.
surely we owe him this much...he is on a base contract

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:

If you injured in a senior game then you continue to get match payments until you come back. As he was put on LTI list after a senior game you would assume the same principal applies. This doesnt effect guys who dont get match payments which would be most of our top players. Ala Goose.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

SainterX wrote:Whatever happens, I want to say

Thankyou Fraser, you have provided the St Kilda fans and club with a lot of joy and entertainment over the years, and if the Magpie game was your last it was a pleasure to be there to see your finale :)
Agreed.

He was a superstar.

When he was on, holy hell he was on.

Cheers Fraze.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

So plugger66, are you saying that we should have just given him the arse?

Is this in accordance with current AFL policy, or is it under the outdated WorkChoices legislation?

We have had a Fedaral election in the last six months.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:So plugger66, are you saying that we should have just given him the arse?

Is this in accordance with current AFL policy, or is it under the outdated WorkChoices legislation?

We have had a Fedaral election in the last six months.
I never said that at all. I was seeing what people thought. I am happy for him to get the money. Why should I care as long as they are in the salary cap. I will always stick up for the players and say good luck to them what ever they earn.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

nup doesn'r worry me.

he was palying on base payments this year anyway. besides, from my understanding. he would be paid the same amount if he played in the reserves.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Real Footy wrote: St Kilda is unlikely to promote a rookie for Gehrig in the short term, as Andrew McQualter was promoted following the injury to Matt Maguire and the other rookies are either unfit or too raw for senior football.

The player most likely to be promoted would be Robert Eddy, a quick midfielder, but he has a calf injury and will not be fit to play for several weeks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
nup doesn'r worry me.

he was palying on base payments this year anyway. besides, from my understanding. he would be paid the same amount if he played in the reserves.
Unless you are on a fixed contract you do not get paid playing the seconds. It was said that G was on base and match payments so he wouldnt get paid in the seconds.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Gehrig always wanted to return: Lyon

May 21, 2008 - 1:48PM

St Kilda coach Ross Lyon says injured forward Fraser Gehrig was always keen to keep playing in the AFL at some point this season.

On Tuesday, the Saints put Gehrig on the long-term injury list because of persistent hand and groin problems.

There was speculation that the Saints had to talk him out of immediate retirement, but Lyon said that was not the case.

He said Gehrig was "really keen" to work through his problems and so is the club.

Gehrig will now be out of action for at least eight weeks and Lyon said the key forward will go on a rehabilitation program.

In better news for the Saints, captain Nick Riewoldt seemed to move well at training as he recovers from a knee injury.

Riewoldt is some chance to play this weekend against Brisbane.

Lyon is also sure that top midfielder Luke Ball will be available, despite an ankle injury restricting him to light duties.

© 2008 AAP

......so ..there..... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.