Raph Clarke Half forward flank?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

It does not seem that long ago that we used to have threads like this every week about Goddard!

Why don't we learn?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Goddard was 10 times the player at the same stage of his career. Always had great footy smarts,decision making,supreme skills. None of these of which Clarke has.

The Peanut
Club Player

jimmygwilt wrote:im sick of everyone going with the same old same old.
raph clarke has proven he is a dud, so has fiora,
i hope they come good in the future, ala leon davis, who took AGES to develop.
my thought is why dont we go with fergo on the hff, give him a decent go.
same with gwilt, they could be solid players, if given a decent enough go.

thoughts..

Well you might be 'sick of everyone going on with the same old same old' - and so am I - the Raph baggers are hard to fathom. He is arguably playing well out of a more suited position, has a strong body, willing to have a go, is tall and quick and apart for a clangers or two in most matches he has been very useful.

Sure Fergy got best on the ground in his last match against a weak side in his last Scorps game but Raph got best on the ground in a harder match in his last Scorps game. Fergy may get a run this week but I very much doubt that the match committee will be dumping Raph when we have such few options down back.

I too shudder at Raph's clangers but he hasn't been Robinson Crusoe.

If you keep changing players at the drop of a hat each week the playing group will never get a chance to consolidate into a 'team'.

I recommend that the supporters who dislike Raph in the team - just turn away when he is near the ball - because its highly likely RL and Co don't agree with your exagerations of his mistakes and your apparent lack of noticing his strengths.

yipper
SS Life Member

The Peanut wrote:
jimmygwilt wrote:im sick of everyone going with the same old same old.
raph clarke has proven he is a dud, so has fiora,
i hope they come good in the future, ala leon davis, who took AGES to develop.
my thought is why dont we go with fergo on the hff, give him a decent go.
same with gwilt, they could be solid players, if given a decent enough go.

thoughts..

Well you might be 'sick of everyone going on with the same old same old' - and so am I - the Raph baggers are hard to fathom. He is arguably playing well out of a more suited position, has a strong body, willing to have a go, is tall and quick and apart for a clangers or two in most matches he has been very useful.

Sure Fergy got best on the ground in his last match against a weak side in his last Scorps game but Raph got best on the ground in a harder match in his last Scorps game. Fergy may get a run this week but I very much doubt that the match committee will be dumping Raph when we have such few options down back.

I too shudder at Raph's clangers but he hasn't been Robinson Crusoe.

If you keep changing players at the drop of a hat each week the playing group will never get a chance to consolidate into a 'team'.

I recommend that the supporters who dislike Raph in the team - just turn away when he is near the ball - because its highly likely RL and Co don't agree with your exagerations of his mistakes and your apparent lack of noticing his strengths.
:lol: Well, being that logical and sensible on here can lead to trouble!! Well said Mr Peanut.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Goddard was 10 times the player at the same stage of his career. Always had great footy smarts,decision making,supreme skills. None of these of which Clarke has.
i don't know about that. BJ used to cop it around here for many of the same things people are down on raph for.

he was slow, indecisive, lacked confidence, made errors, etc.

he's progressed past the whipping boy stage and matured into a very good player and i predict that raph, who has played only 30 odd games, will do the same.