Where is our Wonaeamirri??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Grimfang
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:
markinUSA wrote:Regarding Nicky: Remember the game against the Blues where he really 'lost it'? ........

...I think that day - in 1997 - caused his delisting.
no he was playing on franchina who has scratching him, pinching him, scragging his jumper, punching him behind play.

franchina was a filthy little ferret, and didn't last long in the game.......

Round 20, 1998. Just after the birth of Connor Harvey (I think); I recall a radio personality (Brigitte Duclos?) had seen Harves coming into the 'G and said on air that he looked like the baby had kept him up all night. He only had 22 possessions for the day (That's a shocker for Bobby!:shock:) . IIRC the word was that Nicky and his missus had had a bust-up and Franchina, fresh back from a suspension, had somehow got word of it and decided to use it to get under Nicky's skin. It obviously worked.

When Timid took over in 1999, Nicky pleaded to stay with the Saints but Timid axed him.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

><

from what was going around re: franchina said to winmar, it was a lot worse than where's your missus been.

I reckon even a saint banger might have snapped franchina.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The story I heard was that a Carlton official had seen an obviously uset Winmar coming into teh ground and passed that fact on to the team.
Franchina then used the knowledge as a 'weapon' against Winmar.

After teh game, it was widely reported that Winmar said to Plympton as he walked past 'the Coach is too hard' or words to that effect.