10 Reasons why we can't win the flag

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Huzzad
Club Player

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:I did see milne on Saturday night sadly though he's not going to be facing Jake King in big matches
He had about three or four opponants the whole night, and beat all of them....

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

[quote="True Believer"]Tell me Jenny leads the way, and you too Brown-nose, if we defy these massive odds and get up to win the flag, will your first post on here afterwards be "we couldn't possibly go back to back because we are the crappest team ever to win the flag, the other mob must have laid down, we need to sack the coach and most of the players are semi-retarded and should be traded for some Seaford under 15's"?[/quote]

Seaford u15's can't be too bad. A bloke called Robert Harvey probably played for them at some stage !!

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:I did see milne on Saturday night sadly though he's not going to be facing Jake King in big matches
obviously you weren't paying enough attention to see the other 4 opponents Wallace tried on him...

bagging out a bloke who won a game of AFL football basically off his own boot just makes you look like a twit.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Red
Club Player

I'll believe it when we beat some of the top sides on an ongoing basis.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

There might be only one reason why we won't win the flag.......

Not Good Enough.......

Now i hope they can prove me wrong....

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Jason Gram
Xavier Clarke
Leigh Fisher
Fraser Gehrig
Raph Clarke
Aaron Fiora
Shane Birss
Jason Blake
Clint Jones
Steven Milne

There's 10 reasons we won't win the flag.
I was constructing an insulting post towards you LLTW until this.

Check mate. LOL :lol: :lol:

But seriously, most of those initial factors are worries at the moment. Our tackling, ferocity and strength arn't consistent week in and week out.

And our game plan makes us look slow.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Solar wrote:......................
9. If we have no heart, explain how the hell we held on last saturday night.
Excellent work Solar. It was a gutsy win.
how the hell we HELD ON???

thats simple.....the tigers fluffed two shots at goal in the dying minutes, thats how.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
st.byron wrote:

thats simple.....the tigers fluffed two shots at goal in the dying minutes, thats how.
we kicked more goals then them despite having 17 fit players. We fluffed a couple of shots for goal just before milne kicked the winner. Why do so many people on here only see the negatives. Coach comes out and says it was a gutsy win but there is still stuff to work on. This jumped on as "we are crap" while all it means is that in other years we would have fallen to pieces in that final quarter with so many injuries, yet we didn't. Yes the tigers missed one from 45 out, but so did we.

We won, he held on, lenny was awesome, birss stood up, milne was fantastic. Yes all you guys and girls do is bitch and moan. No wonder no-one turns up for matches, it's not how we are playing, it's more the fact that you all expect us to be unbeatable every single week! If I was a casual supporter and read the crap written on here I wouldn't bother watching or supporting the saints. Yet saturday night was a stirring win based on guts. Yes our midfield needs to lift but give the team credit where it's due.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

with bobmurray on this one

one reason....not good enough

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
st.byron wrote:

we kicked more goals then them despite having 17 fit players. We fluffed a couple of shots for goal just before milne kicked the winner. Why do so many people on here only see the negatives. Coach comes out and says it was a gutsy win but there is still stuff to work on. This jumped on as "we are crap" while all it means is that in other years we would have fallen to pieces in that final quarter with so many injuries, yet we didn't. Yes the tigers missed one from 45 out, but so did we.

We won, he held on, lenny was awesome, birss stood up, milne was fantastic. Yes all you guys and girls do is bitch and moan. No wonder no-one turns up for matches, it's not how we are playing, it's more the fact that you all expect us to be unbeatable every single week! If I was a casual supporter and read the crap written on here I wouldn't bother watching or supporting the saints. Yet saturday night was a stirring win based on guts. Yes our midfield needs to lift but give the team credit where it's due.
hey i just answered the question.
its the reaason why we won isnt it?
sheeeesh

Solar
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
Solar wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
st.byron wrote:

hey i just answered the question.
its the reaason why we won isnt it?
sheeeesh
so you think that a game is as simple as that? You are degrading some very good efforts by just coming out and saying "we won cause they missed a set shot near the end"....... I am all for constructive cristism but most of whats written is toxic.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Ok every1 i've had my fun.

I believe WE CAN WIN THE FLAG OH YES MY OATH WE CAN

Last nite i was bored and it was fairly quiet here so i thought i'd kick up a bit of a stink by stirring the pot and posting crap.

In general my posts are always positive except after a loss and even then i try and find the positives.

My posts probably don't stand out much but to say i'm like Browncoat is a bit rich he's always posting this sort of crap for me this was a 1 off and a piss take.

I BELIEVE WE CAN WIN THE FLAG AND WILL WHEN THE FLAG.

Thank u for playing along folks :lol: :lol: :lol:

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
matrix
Saintsational Legend

no the game isnt that simple......
but the answer to the question was quite logical.

yes lenny and bally busted their asses all night long with a few others, yes milney stepped up, yes harvey was just doing what he does every week and thats sticking it to those who doubt him and say he is past it.
yes.yes.yes.

but if that kick after the siren would have sailed thru for a goal it would be the reason we lost.
that young roo held the game in his hands along with a red footy.
he decides who wins and who loses..his ability.
we won the game because he couldnt kick the goal.

we got to that stage/position in the game by everyones efforts on the park for every minute... until that final siren went.
then....young roo decides who wins and who loses

everyones great efforts and hardwork helped.....of course it did, but we lost because he (young roo) missed.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

brown-coat wrote: Stkilda has done nothing even slightly resembling Geelongs round 6 thrashing of Richmond and Round 2 thrashing of Carlton.
Well, they haven't played anyone of a low caliber to match Richmond '07, or Carlton '07. Those two teams in '08 would appear to be Melbourne... and... hmmm, nobody else has been that bad.

While they could have been better wins, if that's all you've got as an indicator of potential for Geelong in '07, then St. Kilda's wins against Essendon and Carlton were both very one sided, if not as ridiculously so.

Seriously though, people need to stop drawing parallel's with Geelong's '07. I've never seen a team in any sport make such a dramatic turnaround from also-rans (far worse than St. K when they played the Dogs and Hawks) to unparallelled favorites. If that's what's required (don't think it is, Geelong '08 doesn't appear to be playing at the same level as the '07 version, and while I've got Hawthorn firly at that level, they haven't been there for long and anything can still happen), then the naysayers are right and we need to temper expectations.

Realistically, picking the ladder from here is still a waste of time, let alone the flag. St. Kilda can easily go to either end of the ladder or the middle of it from where they are now.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
starsign
Club Player

Its a funny game footy....

in the finals come september...in with a show
lots can happen B4 then, injuries to opp stars, form fluctuations, who knows
we could have a full list minus Goose (even he's not totally out of the Q) and really up and firing

its a funny game footy.... and your post makes it halarious!

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
True Believer wrote:Tell me Jenny leads the way, and you too Brown-nose, if we defy these massive odds and get up to win the flag, will your first post on here afterwards be "we couldn't possibly go back to back because we are the crappest team ever to win the flag, the other mob must have laid down, we need to sack the coach and most of the players are semi-retarded and should be traded for some Seaford under 15's"?[/quote]

Seaford u15's can't be too bad. A bloke called Robert Harvey probably played for them at some stage !!
i played in a preliminary final at u/15 level with seaford, we lost the game by 2 points :x

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Behind Play
Club Player

IMO i wouldn't be blaming the list totally, I really believe our problem stems from RL and his assistants who are his buddies.........hence why they and he got the job.
RL is Robert Walls' mate and the rest are RL's mates.
RL no senior coaching experience. Game plane .......garbage.
Barker, forwards coach:Have a look at our average goals scored per game and we are supposed to have two of the best forwards in the game.
Rock, mid- field coach: center clearances well down, midfielders can't kick goals.
SOS, back line coach: Gram, out of form, Goose, has done nothing since his return, Gilbert, totally out of touch.

Lets not put all the crap on the players. IMO they play the way they are coached. I honestly cannot see a side, go out and decide to play a new game plan, they haven't used at training.