Raph Clarke - I have faith.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I agee that Raph is a forward, but with Goose gone and Gilbert out and Max down we are very skinny down back.

Raph is being played out of position I agree.

ALL THE MORE REASON TO GET THE F*** OFF THE KIDS BACK AND SUPPORT HIM

You never know guys, with the supporters behind him may just flourish and become the player he can be.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ThomasR
Club Player

I've also been a Raph-bagger in the past but have jumped ship like many of the above posts. The thing that swayed me was the footage of him playing forward in the Scorps game.. seemed a lot more natural and obviously confident - clearly a class above the rest. Let's just hope he's not footy's answer to Graeme Hick. He's still learning and growing in confidence - if that very first shot at goal had gone through the middle instead of shanking out on the full, who knows where he'd be now. Nice bloke by all reports, too.

Mr Gram, on the other hand..

groupie1
Club Player

yes, good thread. I've always thought R Clarke had more potential than his brother, and was a Koutifidis in the making. a player who needs to be persisted with and given some space to show his flair.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Raph is a very capable footballer with terrific skills. His only downfall is the hesitation he shows when he's in possession of the ball.
Fortunately that will change with experience; and once he has confidence in himself, he'll be a gamebreaker.
I agree with most that he needs to be played forward. It's a shame that he only gets a guernsey when our defence is stretched.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The BIGGEST positive to come out of Saturday Nights game for Raph was that I (with some help from joffaboy) was able to convince the young lady seated in front of me on the Moorabbin Wing to go out and get the No 16 printed on her gurnsey :lol: 8-) :wink: !!

bozza1980
Club Player

st.byron wrote:This is the first year since we drafted him that he's been injury free through pre-season and season proper. Lacks confidence IMO and needs to be given the opportunity to develop this year or let him go somewhere else.
This is an interesting point, hopefully this clean run of health can continue and he can blossom ala Brendan Goddard 2 seasons ago.