ROO - SELFISH

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Huzzad
Club Player

Re: ROO - SELFISH

Otiman wrote:
Huzzad wrote:
Behind Play wrote:Could not watch game due to son's 21st last night. Heard this morning on SEN Roo. was selfish in taking kick when injured. Cam\n any one elaborate or are they talking crap.
Talking crap. Prob the best kick from that shot. Frase was in the square and probably would have been the better option, but was too far away. Monty and Lenny would had a good crack. If he had kicked the goal though no one would have complained, would they? Just the media beating things up as usual.
IMO it's less about taking the kick because he was in the best position for it, but because he is notoriously unaware of his injuries. See the brisbane game where he got attacked by Mal Michael and Brad? Scott.
I was behind the goals when he took that shot, and he looked very aware of his injury. I was surprised he took it, but he was obviously confident because Monty and Lenny offered to take it a number of times. I am glad he backed himself, Roo does need the confidence, just a pitty about the result.

And yeah, I did see the Brisbane game.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
bergsone
SS Life Member

Sure he would rather kick nil and win,than 6 and lose.wouldnt we all.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:not selfish, a bit optimistic i saw it as
perhaps, but whatever way you look at it, it was a poor decision by our captain.

Perhaps it was due to his sheer determination to succeed at all costs that made him want to take the kick and not whimp out.....that's a positive spin on it.

It's time now for the rest of the team to stand up and take on Roo's passion for the game and our club and keep us in the finals race somehow....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
supersaints
Club Player

So many turkeys on here... Maybe after all that criticism he copped for shedding a tear when he realised his season was stuffed against the Lions , he thought it showed some bravery to try to play on with the injury... he doesn't win does he - If he goes off he is a Sook , he stays on for a shot and he is selfish... maybe with supporters like ours he should head off to the Gold-coast where he may actually be appreciated for the talented brave footballer he is...

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

supersaints wrote:So many turkeys on here... Maybe after all that criticism he copped for shedding a tear when he realised his season was stuffed against the Lions , he thought it showed some bravery to try to play on with the injury... he doesn't win does he - If he goes off he is a Sook , he stays on for a shot and he is selfish... maybe with supporters like ours he should head off to the Gold-coast where he may actually be appreciated for the talented brave footballer he is...
thank you

for some decent comment

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

It's all well and good to be brave and show leadership through courage and kudos to Nick for doing that.

Leadership is also about knowing when to delegate and having trust in others to be able to complete the assigned task.

Adrenaline might have got the better of Nick on this occasion and I would hope that, if he had his time again, he would give the ball to another player to take the shot.

As Dirty Harry once said "A man's got to know his limitations".

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

His decision making has never been his forte. Roo and Kosi are two of the most talented players in the league no doubt, but their football smarts and decision making is average at best.