Maybe the best thing?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The best thing about injuries is it gives us great excuses for when we lose. We've been using it for 4 years now, we've gotta be the best in the league at it.

felixleo
Club Player

Don't worry about him buckets ,what do you expect from a hippy that quotes 70's jingoisms in his tag.

felixleo
Club Player

Would like to see Kosi Charlie Milne Gehrig combination given a go forward.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Very good article in the Hun today by G Lyon very interesting to think that he see's this as an opportunity to become a better team!

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html

If the scoring load can be more evenly distributed in the coming weeks, not only will St Kilda benefit in the short term, but it will be far better placed to make an assault on finals action in the last 6-8 weeks of the season.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
meher baba wrote:It's just fabulous that Riewoldt is out.

Now, if we could just get Chips, Joey, Lenny, Kosi and Ball out of our top 22, we'd be dead certs for the premiership.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Lovely rolling eyes do you actually have anything decent to add or are you just content at putting the thoughts of others down?
Did you actually read my post at all? Where did i actually say that i was happy for Roo to be out? I actually don't think i ever said such the thing...maybe you need to improve your comprehension skills!
The post is to do with the fact that it is not all doom and gloom with Roo out. Yeah sure it is not the best however it allows for:
a) others to finally take the next step
b) the midfield will hopefully learn that Roo is not the only avenue to goal...hell they could try actually kicking more themselves and hell there is more than Roo in the forward line!
c) the young kids who we have picked up have the chance to show us what ability they have!

oh and right back at ya MB :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I was just being sarcastic: I actually think you might be onto something to some extent. I just think you stated your case a bit too strongly. If Riewoldt being out is a "blessing in disguise" it isn't a very attractive disguise!!

I'd rather see the midfield to learn not to kick it to Riewoldt while he was on the field.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Buckets
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:
Buckets wrote:
meher baba wrote:It's just fabulous that Riewoldt is out.

Now, if we could just get Chips, Joey, Lenny, Kosi and Ball out of our top 22, we'd be dead certs for the premiership.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Lovely rolling eyes do you actually have anything decent to add or are you just content at putting the thoughts of others down?
Did you actually read my post at all? Where did i actually say that i was happy for Roo to be out? I actually don't think i ever said such the thing...maybe you need to improve your comprehension skills!
The post is to do with the fact that it is not all doom and gloom with Roo out. Yeah sure it is not the best however it allows for:
a) others to finally take the next step
b) the midfield will hopefully learn that Roo is not the only avenue to goal...hell they could try actually kicking more themselves and hell there is more than Roo in the forward line!
c) the young kids who we have picked up have the chance to show us what ability they have!

oh and right back at ya MB :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I was just being sarcastic: I actually think you might be onto something to some extent. I just think you stated your case a bit too strongly. If Riewoldt being out is a "blessing in disguise" it isn't a very attractive disguise!!

I'd rather see the midfield to learn not to kick it to Riewoldt while he was on the field.
I agree that it doesn't look the best but i truly see this as a fantastic opportunity to
a) blood new players see how they cope with the rigours of AFL
b) try existing players in forward positions'
c) make the midfield more accountable when it comes to kicking goals and not relying on Roo every game!

starsign
Club Player

good thinking
buckets

After getting over the initial trauma of the loss of Roo, I also
tried to put a similar posative spin on it
We have certainly been handicapped via our predictability going forwrd for ages, (highlighted by PA having always 2 and often 3 on the poor bugger) and now out of necessity if we could just get a couple of others to step up, it could make the world of difference when he comes back Blind Freddy can see your drift M8, so ignore those with room temp IQ who cant grasp the spirit of your post

They only have to oggle at the Hawks forward set-up at present , not to mention the Cats multi-pronged attack

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:I agree that it doesn't look the best but i truly see this as a fantastic opportunity to
c) make the midfield more accountable when it comes to kicking goals and not relying on Roo every game!
yep. and it also give fraser an opening to prove he is not finished as a player.

Buckets
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
Buckets wrote:I agree that it doesn't look the best but i truly see this as a fantastic opportunity to
yep. and it also give fraser an opening to prove he is not finished as a player.
very true although i dont think that he is past it just seems down on confidence to do the things necessary to get the ball and kick it. the kick on saturday night where lane said it would bring a tear to some when harves kicked it onto the chest of G all that he needed to do was to take the risk and run around his opponent and kick a booming kick like we all have seen him do before. He is getting there slowly.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

something like this perhaps.

hf: r. clarke, koschitzke, dal santo
f: milne, gehrig, schneider/allen

even without riewoldt we still have a bit of firepower. just a matter of getting it to click

with quick and direct movement of the ball forward, no reason something like the above can't kick us winning scores.

will just mean that others, rather than roo, will get the opportunity to pull their weight.