Lost 14 secs !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
joffaboy wrote:The point Wallet is making which IMHO is a good one, is that 14 secs at such a crucial time is totally unacceptable considering the AFL's petty stance on minor things.
And, if you have read what I wrote I made the exact same point.
Umm - I did read what you wrote but then you edited it. :oops: 8-)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

But not that point you drongo.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://afl.com.au/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsid=59026
Wallace said the club would confront the AFL about the issue to ensure "the professionalism and integrity" of the competition remained paramount.

"We're going to end up with talk-back radio for seven days again over a clock situation – we should be talking about the feats of [St Kilda's] Stephen Milne and [Richmond's] Matthew Richardson playing the best football of his life," Wallace said during his post-match media conference.

"Those are the things we should be talking about from the game – not talking about things that can be controlled."

well terry - Who is taking it further- you could have made the comment to the AFL without alerting the world and the media in particular about it- thus making sure the media ask you that question all week and not what else you could have done.????

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
hAyES
Club Player

This is ridiculous. How hard is it to just reset the clock to what it was before the mix up? When will the AFL get something right?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

regarding the point of Channel 10 and not having the count down clock, whats wrong with that?

adds more excitement, the game isn't over until the siren goes

i dread the day when our game gets totally "americanised" and they have the count down clock on the scoreboard for everyone to see....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I see what Wallace is saying and he's got a point re the timekeeping, but I reckon Jack was gonna have a crack at it regardless

They would have known time was almost up and didnt want to risk dishing it off and having the siren go before it hit a target.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Continues to astound me that the AFL doesn't take better care of the clock. This is fundamental to every other timed sport.

The last couple of weeks we've seen instances of the haphazard clock control actually having te potential to impact (I suspect in this case had it been looked after the buzzer would still have gone with the ball in Reiwoldt's hands, but we'll never know now)... and the question I come to is how many seconds are lost in EVERY game because we're not all keeping half an eye on the clock to see it?

Needs to be tightened up. This is a professional sport. The timekeeping is amateurish.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saints11
Club Player

14 seconds is nothing it wouldn't have made a difference

bozza1980
Club Player

I might be wrong but wasn't our final kick out called back because they hadn't yet called time back on??

So the ball was called back because in the umpires mind the clock hadn't started again, how could we have lost time returning it, if it hadn't started again??

I'm being silly here, however if the kick wasn't called back as it shouldn't have been and it had been left in the hands of a St Kilda player 40m clear of opponents with 3 clear options down field, there would not have been a turnover let alone a time keeper error and no decision for Jack Rieowldt to make.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:I might be wrong but wasn't our final kick out called back because they hadn't yet called time back on??

So the ball was called back because in the umpires mind the clock hadn't started again, how could we have lost time returning it, if it hadn't started again??

I'm being silly here, however if the kick wasn't called back as it shouldn't have been and it had been left in the hands of a St Kilda player 40m clear of opponents with 3 clear options down field, there would not have been a turnover let alone a time keeper error and no decision for Jack Rieowldt to make.
I don't understand why it was called back?
And isn't time-on/time-off automatically done by the timekeepers after a goal/point?
AFAIK the Umpire has nothing to do with it - the timekeepers automatically stop the clock when the goal umpire signals the score and then automatically start the clock again when the ball is kicked out or the Umpire bounces the ball in the centre?

Does anybody know what was wrong with teh original kick-out?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the AFL has decided to charge Baker with attempted fraud with regard to interfering with the clock.

there was no televised footage, no eye witnesses, and no evidence, however the clock lost 14 seconds and Baker was at the football ground.

the Tribunal believes that is sufficient evidence for a life ban.

thank you.

Dan.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Banger2Plugger
Club Player

They also decided that player Jack Reiwolt would have kicked a perfect pass to a leading Matthew Richardson 20metres out in front. Although no dead certainty in front of goal, the AFL has looked at the probability of Richo kicking it, and deemed a goal to have been scored. In accordance with rulings made during the StKilda v Fremantle game - the AFL has decided to change the result, notify all sport betting agencies of the change of result. A crowd of 10,000 Tiger fans are currently scavanging through the rubbish bins to retrieve their betting slips.

FFS!!!! ITS US VS THE AFL!!!

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:the AFL has decided to charge Baker with attempted fraud with regard to interfering with the clock.

there was no televised footage, no eye witnesses, and no evidence, however the clock lost 14 seconds and Baker was at the football ground.

thank you.

Dan.
What about the time Stafford kneed Blakey in the back. It has had a long term effect on him hasnt it Dan.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:the AFL has decided to charge Baker with attempted fraud with regard to interfering with the clock.

thank you.

Dan.
What about the time Stafford kneed Blakey in the back. It has had a long term effect on him hasnt it Dan.
well I did read at the time that blake would be playing with pain for the rest of his career in an article/interview when he started playing again.

haven't heard anything to the contrary.

if blake is pain free, then Im glad.

as for teh stafford knee, that was well documented with plenty of witnesses and video evidence and he got weeks for it.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

thank you.

Dan.
well I did read at the time that blake would be playing with pain for the rest of his career in an article/interview when he started playing again.

haven't heard anything to the contrary.

if blake is pain free, then Im glad.

as for teh stafford knee, that was well documented with plenty of witnesses and video evidence and he got weeks for it.
Thanks I just hadnt heard about it for a while. Now you can go back to Bakes.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

now boys back to the missing time......please remember that good old Aids Anderson has stated that the timekeeping chappies have swish Tissot shirts to go with their flash computerised tissot stopwatches.

Whoopdie Friggin do, this won't stop the problem!

Sounds like the timekeepers are a bunch of Stinger/GrumpyOne generational types that may need replacing with a few Gen X'ers!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bozza1980
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:AFAIK the Umpire has nothing to do with it - the timekeepers automatically stop the clock when the goal umpire signals the score and then automatically start the clock again when the ball is kicked out or the Umpire bounces the ball in the centre?
If that's the case there should have been no reason for the ball coming back.

It happens quite a bit and it really irritates me, the new rule was brought into to encourage fast kick outs and yet kicks get called back and the defensive team has more time to set up their zone.