I'd like to be first to apologise to Milne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:I loved Milney's game tonight, but that was hardly indicative of recent form. He kicked seven tonight, and in the previous 50 games he'd averaged one. He kicked more than 3 once in his previous fifty games. His disposal had also been woeful. He had twice as amany clangers as goals heading into tonight's game.

IMO there's nothing wrong with playing him as a permanent forward. Over the last two and a bit seasons he's proved he should not be used outside forward fifty. He's far too wasteful with the ball. Keep him in front of goals where he's most dangerous. I think he probably worries our opposition a lot more there as well.
And your point.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
vacuous space wrote:I loved Milney's game tonight, but that was hardly indicative of recent form. He kicked seven tonight, and in the previous 50 games he'd averaged one. He kicked more than 3 once in his previous fifty games. His disposal had also been woeful. He had twice as amany clangers as goals heading into tonight's game.

IMO there's nothing wrong with playing him as a permanent forward. Over the last two and a bit seasons he's proved he should not be used outside forward fifty. He's far too wasteful with the ball. Keep him in front of goals where he's most dangerous. I think he probably worries our opposition a lot more there as well.
And your point.
I think it's pretty clearly there, plugger. But I'll try again:

He hasn't been very good for the last couple of years. The calls for him to be dropped were completely warranted. If anyone owes him an apology, it's the two coaches who played him up the ground where he's been far less damaging to the opposition and far more damaging to us.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

And your point.
So lets get this straight. Should have been dropped but really it was the coaches fault for playing him to far up the ground. I have got it now. Thanks.

I think it's pretty clearly there, plugger. But I'll try again:

He hasn't been very good for the last couple of years. The calls for him to be dropped were completely warranted. If anyone owes him an apology, it's the two coaches who played him up the ground where he's been far less damaging to the opposition and far more damaging to us.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Great game, Stephen Milne!

Well done... take a bow!

7 goals - you were on fire!

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:So lets get this straight. Should have been dropped but really it was the coaches fault for playing him to far up the ground. I have got it now. Thanks.
Pretty much. Should have been played closer to goal or dropped for somebody who could play the role he was playing without turning it over. Glad I could help.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

i think there are a few "Fonzie's" on this site

i'm sor.....sorr....sorrrr..........

:roll: ;)

great game Milney, keep showing those haters where to go!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
felixleo
Club Player

No doubt he has produced his best efforts this year when it mattered and not when the game was over.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:And thats why you never drop Milney, great effort, love the boy.
Thats a bit extreme.

Having it your way will see Milne play well into his 50's.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 8:50am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

felixleo wrote:No doubt he has produced his best efforts this year when it mattered and not when the game was over.

?????????? when the game was over???? What game did you watch...obviously not last nights where the reult was in doubt till adfter the siren.

Milne kicked goals throughout the game...and in the alst quarter got us back.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
felixleo wrote:No doubt he has produced his best efforts this year when it mattered and not when the game was over.

?????????? when the game was over???? What game did you watch...obviously not last nights where the reult was in doubt till adfter the siren.

Milne kicked goals throughout the game...and in the alst quarter got us back.
I think that is what he is saying. He kicked when it did matter.

milney044
Club Player

MILLLLNEYYYY
What a game, never had a doubt in my mind, loved how he got the crowd involved, he was back to his exciting best. He had just as many shots on goal as his 11 goal performance and i perhaps even rate last nights game higher as it was a much tighter game and we really needed somebody to step up.
Onya milnedog
ps. if anyone has vision of the interview afterwards or the club song i'd really appreciate it :)

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Sainterone
Club Player

I think there is plenty of space here for more apologies from some "supporters?"

Next up: twirlyhair

GO SAINTS

NICK RIEWOLDT - 444 GOALS FROM 200 MATCHES
STEPHEN MILNE - 440 GOALS FROM 216 MATCHES
twirlyhair
Club Player

saint edward wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:saint edward wrote:
Im not going to apologise because i know he will screw up sooner or later and i dont want to contridict myself.

For F..ks sake, eveyone will screw up sooner or later, what a ridiculous statement. Celebrate a great indivdual game.

Mate i know everyone screws up but i cant help but think of some of the other things he has screwed up for us and he just isnt the type of player that i love. Played a great game but the whole night i was just sitting there thinking whens he going to screw up and apart from kicking it out on the full there was nothing so i take my hat of to him, but until he does this week in week out i ain't apologising.
Im with you...Milney needs to do alot more in the future to convince me...

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

MILNEY YOU ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 GOALS comon markinUSA - TwirlyHair, come appoligise

twirlyhair
Club Player

ralphysaints35 wrote:MILNEY YOU ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 GOALS comon markinUSA - TwirlyHair, come appoligise
No aplogizing from me here young fellla...Milney is a good average player...and occassionally he performs, but he can't and won't do enough against the good sides. He kicked 4 tonite, but through his selfishness, he also gave away a couple...take a look at the tape and if you know anything about team football...which clealry you don't, then you will see that he deserved to be dropped last week, and was very very lucky to be back in this week.

bethb7
Club Player

Milneyy very very good =D keep it up tip-rat

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Interesting '
With the influx of enthusiastic youth, I'm pretty sure I don't want to see Milne come back into the side for quite a while if at all. I could just imagine him kicking a few goals for the scorps, comes back into the team next week against the roos in QLD and like previous form, particularly interstate, offering us nothing. Thoughts?'
twirlyhair posted this on the i dont want milne back on this forum
maybe you should leave the forum kick a few goals in the reserves come back a better person?
because you clearly have no f****** clue of what you are talking about do you. go back to sleep.

twirlyhair
Club Player

ralphysaints35 wrote:Interesting '
With the influx of enthusiastic youth, I'm pretty sure I don't want to see Milne come back into the side for quite a while if at all. I could just imagine him kicking a few goals for the scorps, comes back into the team next week against the roos in QLD and like previous form, particularly interstate, offering us nothing. Thoughts?'
twirlyhair posted this on the i dont want milne back on this forum
maybe you should leave the forum kick a few goals in the reserves come back a better person?
because you clearly have no f****** clue of what you are talking about do you. go back to sleep.
Hey come on...no need to be like that...keep happy! Keep smiling! :)

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

One of Milnes goals should probably be up for goal of the year. Just looked at it again on the replay and he has slotted a goal that would make Daicos proud.

Sainterone
Club Player

trolls don't apologise... :roll:

GO SAINTS

NICK RIEWOLDT - 444 GOALS FROM 200 MATCHES
STEPHEN MILNE - 440 GOALS FROM 216 MATCHES
midas_touch
Club Player

Great game by Milney tonight, the week at the magoos did wonders.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
twirlyhair
Club Player

BIG BROTHER IS ALIVE AND WELL

Sainterone wrote:trolls don't apologise... :roll:
My goodness...a few precious soles on here! One dares to stray from the party line and quickly he is abused personally....so much for free speech! Clearly not on this site!

starsign
Club Player

Milney has the ability to set the team alight, and we NEED him in there doing exactly what he did tonight
He is a much bigger weekly worry to the opposition coach and backline than he is to any Saints supporter every match , I'll bet a quid!
Good on him for doing everything RL and Hutchy asked of him the previous week when dropped to the Magoos, and eclipsing 43 others to be clearly BOG
He knew he let the team down against the Swans and was keen to make ammends any way he could tonight

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

A fellow saints supporter said to me today that he couldn't understand why Milne didn't get another game in the two's. I told him it might be his time to have one of his special games.
I can't wait to see the guy tomorrow along with the North Melbourne supporter who owes me a stubbie. :D :lol: :wink:

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.