does gehrig ignore fans normally after matches??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Duggie
Club Player

By nature Frazer is of shy disposition. That does not excuse his behaviour towards your son but it may help a bit towards your disappointment. I believe he responds to instant impulses a lot. This comes out in his style of play.
Did you witness his gift of his jumper to the young female at the boundary after a game last year.? :lol:

A Saint Forever!
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

It's funny how interactions like this shape your view for eternity of someone.

I remember nervously tip toeing out onto Moorabbin after training one night when only David Grant and Rod Owen were doing a gentle kick to kick as a warm down.

The lights were on and only lit up the 30 or so metres that Rocket and Gerry were using. About 20 of the faithful were still there, a young RodgerFox in his primary school uniform one of them.

'Gerry' was one of the only autographs I didn't have, so I saw this as a risky (as the lights were on and they were the only two on the ground, big chance of looking stupid if he snubbed me) yet golden opportunity.

I shuffled out and nervously stood behind him hoping he'd notice me. Nothing. I moved slightly closer and let out a tiny 'Excuse me...'. Nothing. Then 'Rocket' noticed me and motioned to Gerry that I was standing there behind him.

He turned around and saw me, so I asked if he's be kind enough to give me an autograph. He grabbed the Sherrin that they were using, and launched a torp about 50m over Rocket's head into the darkness - much to the dismay of the great Rod Owen and to the amusement of those still watching training. As Rocket ambled off to fetch it, Gerry used the opportunity to sign the piece of scrap paper for me.

I always had a soft spot for both of them after that, moreso than I already had.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Yep apart from this incident, I have found him to be one of the best with the kids. About 3 yrs ago when saints were doing a community camp in Albury/Wodonga. I spent a good 30mins chatting with him whilst all the boys had gone back to the hotel. Him and Kosi were in high demand that day.

Like others have said its probably just a bit tough lately and wasn’t expecting to be playing in Tas.

I think what players do ultimately does shape how you think of them as a person. Some surprises for me was that Baker was lovely probably the best out of the players when i appoached him one day. Also Steven Powell was a champ and was never to big headed to have a chat and do some signings.

Go saints in '09!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

tassiechick wrote:
Launcestonsaint wrote:Sorry to hear that. It may have been due to him having a quiet day & being in the 2nds but it no excuse.
I met G-Train a couple of years ago after a game down here & he was great to talk to.
yea thats what i'd heard about him...and i tell you what - the atmosphere at bellerive vs aurora oval couldnt be more different!! i couldnt get over the heckling at bellerive oval, was getting a bit nasty and the kids were only about 10! lol
thanks guys, was only asking to see if it was worth trying next time if im lucky enough to see him play again!
did you ever stop to think that's thats maybe the reason he ran off ffs..... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:It's funny how interactions like this shape your view for eternity of someone.

I remember nervously tip toeing out onto Moorabbin after training one night when only David Grant and Rod Owen were doing a gentle kick to kick as a warm down.

The lights were on and only lit up the 30 or so metres that Rocket and Gerry were using. About 20 of the faithful were still there, a young RodgerFox in his primary school uniform one of them.

'Gerry' was one of the only autographs I didn't have, so I saw this as a risky (as the lights were on and they were the only two on the ground, big chance of looking stupid if he snubbed me) yet golden opportunity.

I shuffled out and nervously stood behind him hoping he'd notice me. Nothing. I moved slightly closer and let out a tiny 'Excuse me...'. Nothing. Then 'Rocket' noticed me and motioned to Gerry that I was standing there behind him.

He turned around and saw me, so I asked if he's be kind enough to give me an autograph. He grabbed the Sherrin that they were using, and launched a torp about 50m over Rocket's head into the darkness - much to the dismay of the great Rod Owen and to the amusement of those still watching training. As Rocket ambled off to fetch it, Gerry used the opportunity to sign the piece of scrap paper for me.

I always had a soft spot for both of them after that, moreso than I already had.
i hear what you say i rember seeing chris mainwairing at a basketball game (and friends of mine who were eagles supporters always said mainy was a grumpy prick who would snatch what you wanted him to sign and then just toss it back without even acknowleging you ) so i though i would go get his autograph as i quite liked him as an east Freo Player and he seemd like a good bloke by his TV apperances so over i went and he was a nice as he chatted with me about his injury (he had just done his knee at the time ) and when he was expected back to play ect ect .

on the other side of the coin i was out with a bunch of friends and our girl friends when we came across Tony Modra and my mate at the times girfriend was a big dockers fan and with the Tone just signing with the shockers she HAD to go see him and get a photo with him any way she was quiet a good looking girl with a real nice figure (but still only 15 mind you) she aske him for a photo to he reply sure you can give me a kiss in the phote .. and when she said umm no thanks he turned and walked off . i remember thinking how sleazy he was and how up himself he acted and to this day i still think hes a tossa

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
NeXus James

He doesn't like the limelight.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Duggie wrote:By nature Frazer is of shy disposition. That does not excuse his behaviour towards your son but it may help a bit towards your disappointment. I believe he responds to instant impulses a lot. This comes out in his style of play.
Did you witness his gift of his jumper to the young female at the boundary after a game last year.? :lol:
What I was going to say.

your momma
Club Player

i guess just the wrong time...
Gtrain can be like that especially when hes been having an off-year (so far). otherwise, ive witnessed him as a nice social guy.

bak wen Plugger was playin, he was known to be the non talkative type, not the one to confront. atleast in his later years, or from interveiws ect.

the shaking of his head afterwards is when i just think, "thats so Gehrig", when hes dealing with kids, or it couldve been the type of shake wen he's p*ssed and thinks "give me a break"....
....aahhhrr i dont know!

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"
s2__Sainterrz
Club Player

i went down to the rooms after a few games last year and each time he was quite happy to talk and sign things and i got a couple piks with him. i didnt ask him to sign each week lol but i spoke to him each time and he was nice, he spent alot of time with the kids etc

AlpineStars
Club Player

I spose we all have good and bad days can't judge him on 1 day he has signed for my sons at training, NDS had a chat and a kick with them 1 day. Raph is super lives in the next court from me my kids are always banging on his door probably piss's him off but they always come back with an autograph and he is happy to chat with them and they love it.

Wake me up when September ends.