The Midfield Flood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

your momma
Club Player

i noticed that alot during the game.
where lookin more and more like the swans...is that beggining to be Lyon's style of structure??

:?: :shock: :?:

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
The one's that really annoy me are those you're pointing to, who call for rule changes to stop innovation instead of continuing to learn as the coaches keep developing.
Indeed...one of the great joys (well to at least me anyway) of AFL is that is a game that fosters innovation and change....

And not just in tactics....but in player types etc.

A few years back for example we were told that small players were dead.....then a new niche has been found for players with great pace and good footskills.

Coaches and teams have to be on their stoes and constantly strive for an edge.

Take Nataniu....will be interesting to see how he effects things with his extreme athleticsim a year or two after he arrives.

But also take the Dogs... Fijian they have thought....and while many other clubs our scouring Ireland the Dogs recruiting guys have been scouring Fiji. It will be interesting to see if they in the next draft announce a Fijian International Rookie or two...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:I have found Buckley to be very good as a commentator...with great insights.

A breath of fresh air compared to many.
Buckley's certainly a student of the game, and wants to share what he sees. I tend to enjoy him until I remember who he is. Someday I may forgive... ;) Thought Voss and Darcy for our game wasn't a bad combo either. Voss still seems nervous on air, but once he gets into the game, he tries to communicate what's going on rather than what's easiest to say. Darcy is very articulate and does the same.

The link of course is that all 3 were leaders of their teams, and all 3 spent enough time injured to spend plenty of time in the coaches box.

Much prefer the coaches of tomorrow sharing their thoughts than the coaches of yesteryear (Walls, Blight, Watson), and those ex coaches are still much better than some of the ex players who seem to be polite fans with microphones. Must be great to have tenure... :)

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford