maguire to be hamill's apprentice?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Persuader wrote:I suspect Michael Gardiner has a bit of the Hammer about him.
he does hence my excitement...i think he is the type of person that once the team shows he is part of it and can be a major part at that ON the field...not just at training...you will see him get more aggressive and actually feel the need to stand up for the boys ala at the eagles

him going toe to toe with a young pavlich was interesting to watch...both couldnt fight for peanuts however it was a solid show of aggression from the big boy

its not a once off either...soon enough i expect him to start doing the same sort of thing with us

a little patience

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
danners
Club Player

yeh i have alot of mates who have already written gardiner off

but i loved him at the eagles and cannot wait til he is injury free because i think he can, once again, be in the top 5 ruckmen in the league

Broodruff
Club Player

Huzzad wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Rack off idiot.
Why don't you rack off you self-righteous piece of s***? Guy/gal has a right to ask a question. Whether you think it is stupid or not does call for a response like that. Makes me wonder if I follow st kilda or collingwood sometimes.

As to the original question, well I dont like the idea of Goose at CHF. I think his place is down back. However, Hamill imparting some lessons to say players like Charlie or even Kosi, who does well when he throws his body around, might not be a bad idea. Not sure if Hamill is the coaching type though.
Dunno how much I'd want Kosi throwing his body around, we all know how likely it is to break down!
Someone who I reakon has a bit of that real mongrel about them is Jones, I'm not saying anything about his skill, only that he has that mongrel and intensity about his attack on the ball.
I reakon Goddard has a bit of Hamill about him as well, however, I wouldnt really want to see him playing forward, we need his freakish delivery into our forward line more.
Armo looked great last week, really throwing his body around and really attacking the ball, really excited to see it! I reakon Charlie Gardner has a lot of potential as well!

GrumpyOne

karnak wrote:Coach slapped me before a game once,

was in good gest, but he hit me pretty hard, said he was gonna fire me up.

Went on and played the best game of my life. Got BOG.

After that he used rough me up before every game.

Whatever it takes to get the beast out, but i'm a big advocate of a bit of rough and tumble.
That's nothing Karnak.

The whole team slapped me once for getting the beast out, and it was even off-season too.

Women's netball can be rough. :shock:

Zippy
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Whether Goose is 190 or 192 doesnt matter. He plays tall and is another tall.
Exactly. He doesn't have the agility/turning ability to play a small or medium role. I could have seen him as developing as a contesting forward a few years ago, but I think he's well and truly entrenched in the back half now. A quality CHB is a good asset, and not one you move around lightly.
Karnak wrote:Coach slapped me before a game once,

was in good gest, but he hit me pretty hard, said he was gonna fire me up.

Went on and played the best game of my life. Got BOG.

After that he used rough me up before every game.

Whatever it takes to get the beast out, but i'm a big advocate of a bit of rough and tumble.
That's actually reasonably common in my experience, especially in bigger guys (smaller guys develop mongrel a bit more easily). It actually takes a fair bit to fire Gehrig up, for instance.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

You mean Mark Hamill? And who for Yoda? Beba Bruhaha?

Huzzad
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:You mean Mark Hamill? And who for Yoda? Beba Bruhaha?
If that was said in a large hall full of people, I think someone would be coughing up the back in a room full of silence right now...

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews