Milne, great effort

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
The_Dud wrote:its about time Milney got the recognition he deserves
Lets not go too far....
second for tackles inside our forward 50 over the last 2 years

i don't know hoe thats possible seeing as he "never chases" and "can't lay a tackle to save his life" and "never does the team thing".... :roll:

Milne cops the harshest treatment from our supporters, for every one bad thing he does, he must do 5 good things to make up for it before he gets some credit

constantly kicks goals, puts on pressure in the forward 50 (as i pointed out above) , and i'd say he'd be right up there for score-assists in our team

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
Spinner wrote:
The_Dud wrote:its about time Milney got the recognition he deserves
Lets not go too far....
second for tackles inside our forward 50 over the last 2 years

i don't know hoe thats possible seeing as he "never chases" and "can't lay a tackle to save his life" and "never does the team thing".... :roll:

Milne cops the harshest treatment from our supporters, for every one bad thing he does, he must do 5 good things to make up for it before he gets some credit

constantly kicks goals, puts on pressure in the forward 50 (as i pointed out above) , and i'd say he'd be right up there for score-assists in our team
Overall, my judgment on him has nothing to do with laying tackles. It's great that he preforms, as you have highlighted in this area. Many people are very short sighted in their player analysis and associating Milne with lack of pressure. Its too easy a statement, and one I believe doesn't hold a lot of credit.

He is a forward goal-crumbing forward. Opportunity for goals leave little opportunity to worry about your opponent. Technically defenders need to be worry about forwards.

Milne does the team things, enough for a small forward...But my only concern is that he is playing out of his wight class, and has for a couple of years. Too many times he is found on the lead. Too easily he is rebounded against.

A resting midfielder, I believe will provide greater strength and overall if a midfielder is resting within the forward line for an entire game (ie rotated through 6 players lets say), im positive they would be able to obtain the 2-3 goals together that Milne usually provides. While providing a stronger body and more contested football.

Just my opinion of course.

But he did play well, and was the difference in the last quarter.