WEAK AND PATHETIC

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:absolutely 100% agree

this week was BEYOND weak and pathetic
We agree on something.

Actually, it was Way Beyond.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
The_Dud wrote:absolutely 100% agree

this week was BEYOND weak and pathetic
We agree on something.

Actually, it was Way Beyond.
and here i was thinking you were a complete idiot :D ;) ;)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The writing was on the wall at Qtr time

Against the elite sides of the comp you have to take every chance you get. We generally scratched, clawed and bit our way inside 50 while the Cats purred inside like a Mercades sports on an Autobahn.

4.7 was an awful return for the amount of ball we had and the dominance we had at the clearances. We had so much footy we HAD to be 5 goals-plus in front at Qtr time. The cats were always gonna win some clearances..and when they did...well we all saw what happened

Same in the second half. Had a red hot go at them for the first 7-8 minutes of each quarter. Result..one goal each time. As soon as Geelong settled, blam! Game Over

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
Harvey To Hayes wrote:
stinger wrote:their skills could cost us a place in the eight...let alone the flag.......
You're a respected and long-term poster on this forum but that would have to be the most stupid thing you have ever typed. Possibly the most stupid thing ever typed on Saintsational...

The sky is falling....
f***!!..i agree with him...goals win matches, its that simple. kick 90% of your chances and its a good start.
So you think we won't make the 8?

I guess I just get frustrated because it's clear most people around here have never played footy. Geelong were terrific today and we matched it with them for the best part of the game. I'm as disappointed as anybody, but we are going to smash lesser sides if we can maintain that intensity and improve our pressure skills and conversion. To even suggest we won't make the 8 is bloody ludicrous and negativity of the highest order...

We'll turn it around and all the naysayers will be, like, "I knew this was going to happen!".

The sky is falling...
Can I have some of your drugs?

timclark27
Club Player

We seem to lose our drive through the middle. Gets to half back and then turns over on the wing. Our kicking lets us down, especially at goal and we seem to lack upper body strength. I saw several players simply dragged out of position by a Geelong player resulting in an easy Geelong mark.

Also how many times do we flood only to turn it back our way and have no one to kick to. You cant be positove with a negative mindset.

Buckets
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:The writing was on the wall at Qtr time

Against the elite sides of the comp you have to take every chance you get. We generally scratched, clawed and bit our way inside 50 while the Cats purred inside like a Mercades sports on an Autobahn.

4.7 was an awful return for the amount of ball we had and the dominance we had at the clearances. We had so much footy we HAD to be 5 goals-plus in front at Qtr time. The cats were always gonna win some clearances..and when they did...well we all saw what happened

Same in the second half. Had a red hot go at them for the first 7-8 minutes of each quarter. Result..one goal each time. As soon as Geelong settled, blam! Game Over
So so very true...what the hell are the coach and players doing during practice sessions because our use of the ball has been sub standard for AFL level.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you