I wish I was a SUPPORTER, not a FANATIC.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yep

folk remember my spleen venting from as far back as 98 on the ancestors of this form through to the volumous amounts of anger i spewed out last year.

emotion, where would we be without it.

i don't understand why, but when we win, im full of joy and good will, when we lose, I feel like golden gordon and want to kick the cat.

whats scarey is I used to be a lot worse.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Well, after this weekend, I think its going to be easier to make the transition i so wish to make.

In 2000, as the season progressed, i began to care less and less about footy. Sure, I'd watch games, and listen avidly, but I wasn't as passionate about it even when we did win because we were so disappointing.This continued through 2001 and 2002, although i still prayed for victories, i still supported us as hard as I could. I have vivid memories of the Geelong match in 2002 I think it was when we were about 36 points down at three-quarter time and fought back to lose by ONE point. That was hard to take because listening to the final quarter, I so badly wanted to win.

Also, the Richmond win (in 2002 I think again), when we came from behind in the final quarter and then won a thriller was another one that sticks in my mind, although for opposite reasons.

I feel like poochy, Nexus or brown-coat posting things like this but the truth is we don't appear to be up with the big boys of the AFL. More than anything else, this is what hurts. I don't care what opposition fans say, I don't care how the game is being played and that the scores and margins are never going to be that high. What I care about is that we are losing, that we are in real trouble and that the team is not playing as well as they could.

Did Riewoldt's best and fairest speech not mean anything to the other guys?! I thought for sure it roused them and would get them fired up for a big year but so far, we've seen little proof.

its my fault. After a horrendous 2007, I demanded that God (if he exists) give me a premiership to make up for all the s*** that happened last year.

I forgot to specify which premiership and have a feeling that the guy upstairs interpreted this as a pre-season premiership. Sorry everyone.

On the other hand, the season is far from over. There is plenty of time to make an improvement but where it will come from and when we will start to see it remains to be seen. So far 2008 is shaping up to be the best year of my life so far - a premiership would top it off.

Its not irredeemable. There are still chances for us to take. We need to address several key areas, but we need to amend these problems soon or it will be too late. Gaolkciking, disposal, fitness and hardness are four key areas to work on, there are many others, but just these four for now will get us off to a decent start.

Buckets
SS Life Member

I don't want to lose that passion for each game but i know where you are coming from! Saturday although very disappointing now doesn't seem to sting as much which is suprising normally takes until Thursday to recover from losses :oops:
Big test will be this week :!:

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

I've heard it in other contexts so I don't think it is original but from the smh a while back

This, for the record, is what St George Illawarra coach Nathan Brown's wife said to him three years ago:

"Darling, you know what your problem is? You love football that much, but football doesn't love you back sometimes."

(from http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/200 ... 54867.html)

Rings a bit true for me but I try not to take it too seriously anymore. Works 1 in 10 times too.