where's Michael Rix?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

From memory Dank25 is a Carlton supporter. (Apologies if this is not the case).

Gilbert=Legend

Hopefully never going to get another game as we have two of the best ruckman in the league now

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:From memory Dank25 is a Carlton supporter. (Apologies if this is not the case).
Yup is a rabble cheat supporter.

Mabye the rabble can put Rix on a $350k a year contract like Peaheart Ackland, the other player they stole from us :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Zippy
Club Player

I like Rix.

He'll never get a game as long as King and Gardiner are fit, but he's a very handy depth ruckman.

He's big, strong and very fit, and we know he can stand up and compete at AFL level. He's unskilled, but for a third ruckman who's complaining?

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
midas_touch
Club Player

Theres no doubting Rix always has a crack, and gives his all for the club despite his limited ability. Is a handy backup, but nothing more than that.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Dank25
Club Player

where's Michael Rix?

:lol: Thanks for letting me know where our next ruckman is coming from :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Psst!!!! want Ackland back? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Re: where's Michael Rix?

Dank25 wrote::lol: Thanks for letting me know where our next ruckman is coming from :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Psst!!!! want Ackland back? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rix is worth 600,000 k over 3 years IMO maybe a bit more.

also if you are quick you can get him in the PSD so you don't have to trade draft picks for him.

pretty sure you'll be top 3 in the PSD again.

can't see you getting no.1 though, melbourne have that reserved.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Rix is nicely earning his paycheck by being an insurance policy against another spate of injury to the big men, and providing a benchmark that Van Rheenan and McEvoy need to pass before we can truly be said to have ruck depth (both Kosi and Blake IMO are ahead of him on the strength of decisions made by Lyon at the end of '07, but if we move them to the ruck, we're moving them away from other jobs, so it's still not ideal).

The moment that happens, Rix is toast, and the moment the Saints need the list spot he may be toast. From a perspective of skills he was tried and found wanting, he;s neither the first nor the last.

My biggest surprise from Rix was enjoying his writing on Saintscentral.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford