is ratten serious.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

wow...ratten has everyone talking doesnt hey???

what a load of crock...the best player in the league is not going to match up against roo...regardless of whether roo went into the middle somehow or not

gullible people

judd will play his 2.5 quarters, probably get 25 touches, joey might tag him well but his speed will win out although joey could get him on the counter if clever enough

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
jill
Club Player

As a nearly 60 year old some of my 1st lessons learnt in barracking for the Saints was - "to expect the unexpected!" - Big highlight Melb. 15 wins undefeated - St.Kilda -0 wins - We WON!! - '58? Never take the opposition lightly!!! We were continually wooden spooners but knocking off the top teams kept us faithfull!!

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Geary might get a run on Judd.

Would be good to watch!

Snakeman66
Club Player

n1ck wrote:I reckon Geary might get a run on Judd.

Would be good to watch!
I think it will be Blake if he plays. Has the motor to go with him. Has tagged Cousins among others and would have had Goodes if playing last week.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Snakeman66 wrote:

Would be good to watch!
I think it will be Blake if he plays. Has the motor to go with him. Has tagged Cousins among others and would have had Goodes if playing last week.
cousins slaughtered blake when it got tight at the end...so that proved t be useless...

im hoping for joey to tag judd...we have enough midfielders to win the hard ball and break the lines even if joey's game is sacrificed

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Blake has the engine but doesnt have the pace necessary to go with C-Ju ( ;) ).

Judd isnt at full fitness and wont be able to run out a full game yet, and Geary has the pace and tenacity to be able to run with him for most of the match. Its what I'd do.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
Snakeman66 wrote:

Would be good to watch!
cousins slaughtered blake when it got tight at the end...so that proved t be useless...

im hoping for joey to tag judd...we have enough midfielders to win the hard ball and break the lines even if joey's game is sacrificed
IIRC Blake played brilliant on Cousins, it wasn't until he started getting taken out off the bal with sheperds from fellow eagles' midfielders that Cousins got back in the game... (not making excuses, just good coaching by Worsfold) I can't see anybody at Carlton willing to go toe to toe with an opposition player...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Snakeman66 wrote:I think it will be Blake if he plays. Has the motor to go with him. Has tagged Cousins among others and would have had Goodes if playing last week.
It wouldn't surprise me. Blake is a very similar size to Judd and the gap pace-wise has been narrowed a lot. Judd isn't bursting through packs in the middle like he used to so Blake could be a good choice. Has the tank, the strength and he has the height to compete if Judd is moved forward.