Captaincy Announcement ? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

El Wood wrote:He's rapt with Schneider.
He's not the only one.

I am genuinely excited by this bloke being at our Club.

Would love him to stick it up his old club in Round 1.

:D

markp
Saintsational Legend

Maybe we could announce Chris Judd as our captain? He's played just as many games for us as carlton...

I'd go for Lenny, but I think Roo will get it.... Happy with either, would prefer not both.

ThomasR
Club Player

bigmicka wrote:Spinner believe me it is actually him.

mic
From the Age, March 4th 2008:

The other Demetriou
GOOD to see AFL boss Andrew Demetriou making good use of his new-found wealth following his big hike in salary, announced last week — he's throwing it around at the poker table. Well, so it would seem anyway. The only trouble is, the Andrew Demetriou who sits atop Crown's poker player of the year competition (with an impressive 3462 points, 53 points ahead of his nearest rival) is another Andrew Demetriou, who also lives in Melbourne, is also in his late 40s but being a professional poker player has no official connection with football at all. Mind you, it would be interesting to compare their pay packets.

Another site has the poker-playing Demetriou's age at 52, compared to Dimwit who is 46. And if that's not enough, scroll down a bit at this page to see a photo of the other Demetriou.

Nice theory though.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

ThomasR wrote:
bigmicka wrote:Spinner believe me it is actually him.

mic
From the Age, March 4th 2008:

The other Demetriou
GOOD to see AFL boss Andrew Demetriou making good use of his new-found wealth following his big hike in salary, announced last week — he's throwing it around at the poker table. Well, so it would seem anyway. The only trouble is, the Andrew Demetriou who sits atop Crown's poker player of the year competition (with an impressive 3462 points, 53 points ahead of his nearest rival) is another Andrew Demetriou, who also lives in Melbourne, is also in his late 40s but being a professional poker player has no official connection with football at all. Mind you, it would be interesting to compare their pay packets.

Another site has the poker-playing Demetriou's age at 52, compared to Dimwit who is 46. And if that's not enough, scroll down a bit at this page to see a photo of the other Demetriou.

Nice theory though.
I was pretty sure it wasn't him....

...simply because of the time factor!!! Those tournaments can go long into the night and considering the bloke has lasted towards the end in most, it just wasn't possible.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
El Wood wrote:He's rapt with Schneider.
He's not the only one.

I am genuinely excited by this bloke being at our Club.

Would love him to stick it up his old club in Round 1.

:D
That would be brilliant, he was looking so fast and dangerous against Essendon, imagine him with a stronger base of fitness, he will be a star for us, I would like to see him spend 70% of the game in the forwardline and 30% in the midfield, possibly more either way if we have an injury or two...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
bendigo bob
Club Player

karnaby wrote:Following on from RL's comment last night:
Q) Who will hold up the cup with Ross on Sat night ?
RL (Ross Lyon) - Kosi will be acting captain
- his record is 4 out of 4
I wonder if we might have 3 captains again this year with Kosi being a straight swap for Luke Ball?

Kosi seems to revel in the role & presumably RL can see that, going from the above comment.
I would love to see Kosi get a crack at it either with the other 2 or even by himself. The only thing which hold him back from getting it by himself would be a doubt over him playing most of the year. If he can demonstrate that he is over his injury bug by playing the majority of the year then 2009/2010 could be his chance to captain in his own right. Other wise I would expect that we will go this year with BOTH Lenny & Roo.
Kosi has leadership written all over him, as does Lenny, Roo & Bally.

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!