Ansett Cup V Wizzard/nab cup

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Hey plugger66..

Your initial comment was IMO an insult ...

So if someone does not agree with you, do you normally get personal?

You may think you have some clout on here but it does not go beyond a personal insult...

You may love this new comp but I hate it for reasons that has already been posted...

I on the other hand like the a the previous comp that had NO new rules or at least NO absolute bullshyte rules that will never (I hope) enter the main comp..

your comment...

Teams can lose if they want by playing with a crap side but the benefits out weigh your negativity.
this so called "small comment" is an insult to another poster that disagrees with your point of view....

Who the F*** are you to tell another poster that they have a negative views.......

They are only negative to your views FFS

Please learn that your views are yours and don't insult me in the future if I have a different opinion...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Huzzad
Club Player

The primary concern for practice matches is getting players match fit after a few months off playing. Everyone needs game time to bring them back up to speed. The 2nd concern is breaking-in new players and seeing what the talent pool looks like and what kinda chemistry these players bring. Thirdly, there is a chance to try new tactics. So really, teams are being just as experimental as the AFL. Different palyers, different tactics, measured game-time for stars/veterans.

So to be fair, you're asking the AFL to cut back on their time for experimenting while allowing teams to feild juniors and experiment with styles of play. Seems a bit of a one-sided argument.

Can't you just wait for Round 1? Dropping rules is not going to change the fact it is a PRE SEASON competition and will NEVER be played like a regular home and away game.

Sorry if my previous post seemed harsh, but people are getting so caught up in the pre season because they lack patience. Don't worry, soon we will have 22 rounds of normal games with normal rules for you to enjoy and you will quickly forget about any rules NAB cups have. Until then, let the AFL and the clubs do their thing, it is all ironing-out kinks. As for supergoals and the play-on behinds, I think they are more about style and flair, to add a bit of flavour and show to the NAB cup to try and make it a bit more interesting than "just a practice match."

I think some rules are ok, some should not happen next year, but overall, why not have a play around and see if improvements can be made? It is after all, ONLY the pre season. Should these rules ever end up in the H&W season, then we can start a national whinging campaign.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Hey plugger66..

You may think you have some clout on here but it does not go beyond a personal insult...

You may love this new comp but I hate it for reasons that has already been posted...

I on the other hand like the a the previous comp that had NO new rules or at least NO absolute bullshyte rules that will never (I hope) enter the main comp..

your comment...

Teams can lose if they want by playing with a crap side but the benefits out weigh your negativity.
this so called "small comment" is an insult to another poster that disagrees with your point of view....

Who the F*** are you to tell another poster that they have a negative views.......

Please learn that your views are yours and don't insult me in the future if I have a different opinion...
I have no clout at all on this site but lets get fair dinkum that is not an insult. Negative doesnt mean I am insulting you it just means some people can be positive about the pre season and some can be negative. You are negative towards it. Take it anyway you like. Maybe I am insulted by F*** and FFS but like I sais we are adults on here I think.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Hey plugger66..

your comment...

I have no clout at all on this site but lets get fair dinkum that is not an insult. Negative doesnt mean I am insulting you it just means some people can be positive about the pre season and some can be negative. You are negative towards it. Take it anyway you like. Maybe I am insulted by F*** and FFS but like I sais we are adults on here I think.
Well if you think I insulted you with F*** and FFS go and talk to the mods...

For me, to call me negative on a thread that is titled "Ansett Cup V Wizzard/nab cup" is out of line......

but then, just who am I to say anything???

Just carry on with you so called "wisdom".......

I gather you think it's a great idea ..........

that players have less interchange's......

that the ball is thrown in 15 metres out from the boundary line....

and you like the idea of 3 pointers

and also 9 pointers

that kicks have to be 20 metres ......

Yep, you obviously love the AFL and the admin staff.......

Yep, that's your opinion......

and again go for it and shout out loud that you love the AFL and their staff and what they are doing to our game.........

Again.....

My Opinion the pre season matches were better when their was NO or at least little experimental rules put in place....

YOU obviously like it or just like what the AFL is doing and are standing up for them for some reason....

Yep, again that's your opinion and in that I suspect that you like the new rules???

I don't and that's why I created this post....

I prefer the Ansett Cup comp over this current system.....

Thats my opinion, but if you have a different one, don't say I am negative!
Last edited by St Fidelius on Thu 06 Mar 2008 8:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Anyone here follow the NFL? I'm sure there are.

Pre season games, some of which are played overseas (including in Australia about 10 years ago), are to give the teams a chance to look at their roster and decide who is going to play during the regular season.

The top stars like Terrell Owens, Brett Favre (who just retired), La Danian Tomlinson etc are rarely sighted for more than a quarter in the pre season games (unless they need the run). They are designed to give the teams the best opportunity to prepare their players for the upcoming season.

The money hungry AFL couldn't give a stuff about the clubs, they are only interested in furthering their egos and pay packets.

Want to play around with Mickey Mouse rules? Do it in the VFL, WAFL SANFL, not the real competition.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Anyone here follow the NFL? I'm sure there are.

Pre season games, some of which are played overseas (including in Australia about 10 years ago), are to give the teams a chance to look at their roster and decide who is going to play during the regular season.

The top stars like Terrell Owens, Brett Favre (who just retired), La Danian Tomlinson etc are rarely sighted for more than a quarter in the pre season games (unless they need the run). They are designed to give the teams the best opportunity to prepare their players for the upcoming season.

The money hungry AFL couldn't give a stuff about the clubs, they are only interested in furthering their egos and pay packets.

Want to play around with Mickey Mouse rules? Do it in the VFL, WAFL SANFL, not the real competition.
Yeah it was never called or named "Mickey Mouse" in the Ansett Cup...

The"Mickey Mouse" started ever since the "Fools Committee" started with meddling with the game's rules IMO...

but plugger66 thinks I am just negative ..... :roll:

Someone really needs to wake up and not tow the AFL Line IMO