Foundation Social Club...whats on your card?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

jk23 wrote:Just called the club and they said that foundation members is still going, but 99% of foundation members did not get it printed on their cards. But on the system we are still foundation social club members and DO get priority tickets in the event of a grand final . I hope this makes sense.
Thanks for that - was my understanding also.

“Yeah….nah””
Raven
Club Player

I thought all SC members, regardless of being a Foundation member or not, are guaranteed a ticket because of the member cap. Does it not matter any more to be a Foundation member (in regards to getting a GF ticket)?

benengel14
Club Player

Raven wrote:I thought all SC members, regardless of being a Foundation member or not, are guaranteed a ticket because of the member cap. Does it not matter any more to be a Foundation member (in regards to getting a GF ticket)?
Of course it matters, how will people know that they are special if it's not printed on a card?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:I thought all SC members, regardless of being a Foundation member or not, are guaranteed a ticket because of the member cap. Does it not matter any more to be a Foundation member (in regards to getting a GF ticket)?
Yes it does...as the club at the time announced and promoted that if you were a SC Member that year that you would have that status.....and that you could not get it again.

In my view Foundation Members should be given first choice as not all MCG seats are good seats....some have restricted or poor views.

The club should recognise loyalty over time.

Also in future yearts there is no gurantee that the cpacity of the ground will be what it is.

Fuuture work at some stage may see some years where the cpacity is reduce....

OR that the AFL finds some new group to flog seats off to and thereby lessen cpacity available to competting clubs...for example with Medallion Club Members were created they each gaineda Gf Seat.

One looming scenario is the two extra AFL teams.

The AFL allocates seats to all AFLclubs. They may split the current allocation by 18 rather than 16, or they may increase the allocation by 18 by 16 to cover the two new clubs in which case the two competing clubs get less.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
jk23
Club Player

It's not fair that the mcg holds 100,000 people and the AFL have a cap for the competing clubs in the GF, it would ne nice if they could promise a ticket for ALL members if they choose to purrchase a ticket, but I know that will never happen, can you imagine how many members all the clubs would get !!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

your avatar is special.

“Yeah….nah””