Hawks cashing in- clash jumper

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

esaint66
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
saint edward wrote: has anyone seen the adelaide clash/away jumper pretty much identical to the one they wore in the 98 ansett cup.
nope!
where can i find it?

and i like the hawks clash!

ah sorry i dont have the exact link but you go too the crows online shop.

http://www.afc.com.au

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:does anyone have a photo of that awful jumper the Hawks released in about 1995 for the Ansett Cup?

Was blue with red green and yellow spots all over it as I recall.

They walk amongst us...

esaint66
SS Life Member

HSVKing wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:does anyone have a photo of that awful jumper the Hawks released in about 1995 for the Ansett Cup?

hahah looks like what my grandpa played golf in haha.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

that crows jumper is a shocker!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
esaint66
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:that crows jumper is a shocker!

i dunno i reckon its alright :) s**t team though :x

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re clash jumpers - I don't care so much what they look like, more that they prevent a clash.

Ideally they should be simple predominently either say white or green - colours that aren't used much in standard guernseys.

A side note - why was Freo the first club to have green in their guernsey?

Why was green not part of any other club's jumper, given it's a primary colour?

Is it because it's the colour of the Irish and footy was set up by those of English stock who hated the Irish???

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Re clash jumpers - I don't care so much what they look like, more that they prevent a clash.

Ideally they should be simple predominently either say white or green - colours that aren't used much in standard guernseys.

Is it because it's the colour of the Irish and footy was set up by those of English stock who hated the Irish???
Silly though it may sound, I'm pretty sure it had something to do with not wanting to blend in with the playing surface.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I'd still back the new one in against the traditional "wee and poo" strip - the one that looks like one of those bizarre wipes that just never gets clean - it keeps slipping and sliding - anyway I don't need to go further....

I like the new clash strip.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Re clash jumpers - I don't care so much what they look like, more that they prevent a clash.

Hawthorn don't really clash with anyone, so why they need a clash jumper is beyond me.

Green was chosen by the marketing form Freo appointed because it is the stardboard (I think) colour, with red being Port.

There was at least one VFA team (Northcote) who wore predominantly green, but I've red a bit into history and apparently green wool was expensive and hard to get back in the day , maybe this has something to do with it?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i would have thought that it had more to do about standing out against a grass background...rather than have your players blend in with their surroundings......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
No1_Saint
Club Player

I like it....and I like their new logo.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:

True story...

My neighbour, used to work for Puma (I think they were the supplier at the time) and had a garage sale...as part of that sale he put quite a lot of jumpers (from different codes and clubs) out the front for sale...each jumper had a price tag of $10. Two of those jumpers were that particular Hawk abortion. I bought six tops from different clubs / codes but shied away from the Hawk top for obvious reasons.

A mate of mine didn't and bought both, he put one up on e-bay thinking he might get $50 for it, bidding started slowly so he left it and checked a few hours before bidding was due to close...it was up to $1,400.00!!!

Apparently those tops were never released for general sale because of the bad reaction to them and there are a couple of die hard Hawk supporters who wanted to get hold of them for framing as collector's items.

Needless to say my six tops are still worth a combined total of $60...oops!

esaint66
SS Life Member

riccardo wrote:

Hawthorn don't really clash with anyone, so why they need a clash jumper is beyond me.

Green was chosen by the marketing form Freo appointed because it is the stardboard (I think) colour, with red being Port.

There was at least one VFA team (Northcote) who wore predominantly green, but I've red a bit into history and apparently green wool was expensive and hard to get back in the day , maybe this has something to do with it?

and mayeb cause any foundimng club would look hidous with green ive always seen it as a modern colour :?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

when i was a kid there was a very popular saying...green should never be seen...except on a queen.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
markp
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:when i was a kid there was a very popular saying...green should never be seen...except on a queen.....
Don't know how old you are, but it must be nice to get to an age when you can make stuff like that up and there's no one around who can dispute it! :wink: :lol:

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

True story...

My neighbour, used to work for Puma (I think they were the supplier at the time) and had a garage sale...as part of that sale he put quite a lot of jumpers (from different codes and clubs) out the front for sale...each jumper had a price tag of $10. Two of those jumpers were that particular Hawk abortion. I bought six tops from different clubs / codes but shied away from the Hawk top for obvious reasons.

A mate of mine didn't and bought both, he put one up on e-bay thinking he might get $50 for it, bidding started slowly so he left it and checked a few hours before bidding was due to close...it was up to $1,400.00!!!

Apparently those tops were never released for general sale because of the bad reaction to them and there are a couple of die hard Hawk supporters who wanted to get hold of them for framing as collector's items.

Needless to say my six tops are still worth a combined total of $60...oops!
:lol:

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
esaint66
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:Image
It's not bad, wouldn't buy it if i were an adelaide supporter though....

i definately would.

esaint66
SS Life Member

saint edward wrote:

i definately would.

they should have worn this jumper tonight.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:
saint edward wrote:

i definately would.

thats just a stupid jumper!
looks shocking, and will from a distance!
its worse than ours!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
esaint66
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
saint edward wrote:
saint edward wrote:

i definately would.

its worse than ours!

yeh its the pre season teams generally wear poor jumpers look at the tigers jumper against the cats last year.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
saint edward wrote:
saint edward wrote:

i definately would.

its worse than ours!

yeh its the pre season teams generally wear poor jumpers look at the tigers jumper against the cats last year.
tigers jumper against the cats?
they played 2 times last year
one game at the dome where the tigers won by 157 points and the tigers used their home gear, and the other one was at skilled stadium where the tigers only lost by about 40 points, and they used their home jumper+white shorts.

so what was so bad about their jumper in the end?

esaint66
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
saint edward wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
saint edward wrote:
saint edward wrote:

i definately would.

its worse than ours!

tigers jumper against the cats?
they played 2 times last year
one game at the dome where the tigers won by 157 points and the tigers used their home gear, and the other one was at skilled stadium where the tigers only lost by about 40 points, and they used their home jumper+white shorts.

so what was so bad about their jumper in the end?

i meant rhe one they wore in the NAB cup it was prodominately yellow with claw marks. even the hawks jumper is more fashionable.