abusing players

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne

Since I gave Ricky Nixon a mouthful in the reserves at Moorabbin, and after the game he came looking in the stand for me, I don't boo anyone any more. :shock: :oops:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Sorry ill try and proof read as i post , but i cant promiss i well always remember to do so .
Gold. You must have done that on purpose.
geeewiz i and e aint even next to each other on the keyboard :oops: :oops: :oops:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Since I gave Ricky Nixon a mouthful in the reserves at Moorabbin, and after the game he came looking in the stand for me, I don't boo anyone any more. :shock: :oops:
Hahaha! Full story please :D

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

GrumpyOne

evertonfc wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Since I gave Ricky Nixon a mouthful in the reserves at Moorabbin, and after the game he came looking in the stand for me, I don't boo anyone any more. :shock: :oops:
Hahaha! Full story please :D
I suggested to him that he was perhaps getting on a bit in years, and that he should start looking for another way to fill in his time other than playing football.

Expleteves deleted of course.

In retrospect, perhaps the best advice he ever got.

Should I be fronting him for a percentage now? :roll:

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I decided that I could not cash the cheques that my mouth had indiscriminatedly written, and spent a long period of the senior game watching from the terraces, intead of from my reserved seat. :oops:

I also discovered that he was several inches taller off the field than on. :oops: :oops:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

LOL Grumpy thats a golden story..

Didnt someone here give Beetham a spray at OO a few years ago, with his mum(?) within hearing distance?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:LOL Grumpy thats a golden story..

Didnt someone here give Beetham a spray at OO a few years ago, with his mum(?) within hearing distance?
Would have been in 2002, 'Spoon Sunday' against Fremantle.

Yeah, there were about four or five of us (st phillip, wizsteppa, fraser to name a few) who decided to go along to finish up our Lygon St feed a bit early to duck over and watch the reserves.

Anyway, we were coasting to a pretty easy victory in the twos, and Beetham was just having an absolute shocker. Got plenty of the pill, but couldn't do anything with it. So SP ripped into him with a tirade that had everyone in stitches...

Well, not everyone. Sitting on the second level of the Dick Pratt stand, this bloke (sizable, too) comes up and says "Who's abusing Caydn Beetham?" and SP retorts back "Yeah, I am, got a problem?"

Anyway, this bloke reckons he was sitting with CB's mother, and she was all distressed about the comments, and how upsetting they were, etc, etc. SP just brushed him off beautifully; didn't bat an eyelid once and told him where to go. Well...this fella wanted to take it outside.

I think at that point we all turned around and started giving him a bit of lip and telling him he was just as bad a sook as Beetham. After handbags at 10 paces, the bloke backed off, ranting and raving that he would be waiting for SP post-game, etc.

It never materialised.

Naturally, SP resumed his critcism, the bloke was never seen/heard from again, and we went to dump Fremantle later in the day, relinquish our priority pick, and plant a ridiculously high number of spoons around the oval in accordance with a pre-planned ritual by Sonof66.

I believe some kind of spell was cast, too, and as yet, they have yet to break it.

And we all lived happily ever after :)

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

good friends with the Beetham's.
his mum is a lovely lady, and awesome cook.
whoever was giving it to Caydn deserves to have had his head smashed in IMO.
hes an awesome bloke!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:good friends with the Beetham's.
hes an awesome bloke!
welll...maybe not that far...but anyone who abuses a saints player is not a true supporter...and deserves to be told off at least........
Last edited by stinger on Tue 29 Jan 2008 6:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
saint66au wrote:LOL Grumpy thats a golden story..

Would have been in 2002, 'Spoon Sunday' against Fremantle.

Yeah, there were about four or five of us (st phillip, wizsteppa, fraser to name a few) who decided to go along to finish up our Lygon St feed a bit early to duck over and watch the reserves.

Anyway, we were coasting to a pretty easy victory in the twos, and Beetham was just having an absolute shocker. Got plenty of the pill, but couldn't do anything with it. So SP ripped into him with a tirade that had everyone in stitches...

Well, not everyone. Sitting on the second level of the Dick Pratt stand, this bloke (sizable, too) comes up and says "Who's abusing Caydn Beetham?" and SP retorts back "Yeah, I am, got a problem?"

Anyway, this bloke reckons he was sitting with CB's mother, and she was all distressed about the comments, and how upsetting they were, etc, etc. SP just brushed him off beautifully; didn't bat an eyelid once and told him where to go. Well...this fella wanted to take it outside.

I think at that point we all turned around and started giving him a bit of lip and telling him he was just as bad a sook as Beetham. After handbags at 10 paces, the bloke backed off, ranting and raving that he would be waiting for SP post-game, etc.

It never materialised.

Naturally, SP resumed his critcism, the bloke was never seen/heard from again, and we went to dump Fremantle later in the day, relinquish our priority pick, and plant a ridiculously high number of spoons around the oval in accordance with a pre-planned ritual by Sonof66.

I believe some kind of spell was cast, too, and as yet, they have yet to break it.

disgraceful conduct...on the part of your group in general..... .....and your mate in particular.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Would have been in 2002, 'Spoon Sunday' against Fremantle.

Yeah, there were about four or five of us ........... plant a ridiculously high number of spoons around the oval in accordance with a pre-planned ritual by Sonof66.
That's gold Everton, absolute gold. Especially the spoons. Love your work.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:disgraceful conduct...on the part of your group in general..... .....and your mate in particular.....
Players get stick all the time. If you can't handle it, get out of the kitchen.

What was disgraceful about us telling the bloke to back off? He was threatening one of our group - it was ridiculous how far he wanted to take it. You don't do that at the footy. That's disgraceful IMO.

Personally, I didn't bag Beetham, but I'll admit to having a chuckle at SP's comments. I don't think that makes me immoral. After all, a reserve match of footy's not all that serious, is it? I've heard some truly disgraceful things at the footy; none of this was in the same ballpark.

There was plenty going around at the time that Beetham wasn't giving 100% to the cause. I think that hurt a lot of people who felt burned by what he was giving us; after all, members' money had paid for his fat contract at the end of 2001, and lot of people felt he was taking the club and its members for a ride. This article - http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/ ... 88305.html - probably reveals he wasn't fully committed, but equally, that the fans didn't understand why he wasn't committed.

Emotions perhaps spilled over on SP's behalf, but it's footy FFS. You don't go and seek people out in the crowd to knock their block off, and I think that's what got everyone offside, especially when this bloke has come up from the level below.

He could have asked SP to respectfully tone it down, but he came in with a deplorable attitude.

Hells bells, if that's the 'disgraceful conduct' of one person, I wonder how Juninho felt when he played in Melbourne, and 30,000 people chanted "What a waste of money", and various other derogatory chants? Puts it in perspective. Seriously.
st.byron wrote:That's gold Everton, absolute gold. Especially the spoons. Love your work.
Cheers.

The real credit for the spoon ceremony was the work of So66. Something told me he'd been planning it for a very, very long time in a very, very dark room :D

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

No, I wouldnt boo one of ours ever...

BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

I AM going to boo this year....

directly at the cheersquad.

I have suffered enough years of embarassment at the footy with their inane childish crappy chanting. Its gotta STOP! So, me and some mates will stand behind the goals on level 1 and give me hell. Im sick of the comments and embarassment from our own supporters and opposition at every game.

There!! Thats my take on booing! :D

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:No, I wouldnt boo one of ours ever...

BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

I AM going to boo this year....

directly at the cheersquad.

I have suffered enough years of embarassment at the footy with their inane childish crappy chanting. Its gotta STOP! So, me and some mates will stand behind the goals on level 1 and give me hell. Im sick of the comments and embarassment from our own supporters and opposition at every game.

There!! Thats my take on booing! :D
I don't think it's right to boo the cheer squad - I don't think they're inherently evil, but your point would would register with a massive portion of our supporter base.

I just wished they worked with other fans, rather than having a we'll- chant-what-we-like-and-stuff-you approach. I'm sure they don't intend to be like that, but they get very, very angry and stand-offish when criticised, rather than taking it on board.

Even getting rid of something as simple as the 'wooooo' would probably bring them back a fair bit of credibility to their cause...sometimes the simpler gestures can show something meaningful.

I'm quite sure there's been posts on here from CS members asking what they can do to improve, which is good, but because the suggestions aren't what they like (remove the woooo, improve the chants, target a different demographic, etc), it usually leads to increased tension, and we have to start all over again.

sainter35
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:The real credit for the spoon ceremony was the work of So66. Something told me he'd been planning it for a very, very long time in a very, very dark room :D
I don't think anything will top the amount of spoons stuck to the walls inside their social club though, finished off with a giant sized poster of Aaron Hamill in a Saints jumper.

Brilliant way to end what was a terrible game of football in front of 8800 people.
evertonfc wrote:Even getting rid of something as simple as the 'wooooo' would probably bring them back a fair bit of credibility to their cause...sometimes the simpler gestures can show something meaningful.

I'm quite sure there's been posts on here from CS members asking what they can do to improve, which is good, but because the suggestions aren't what they like (remove the woooo, improve the chants, target a different demographic, etc), it usually leads to increased tension, and we have to start all over again.
Exactly right. I don't want to criticse the Cheer Squad because they are extremely dedicated and have an extraordinary amount of passion for the club which I fully respect but you'd like to think they could listen to the rest of our supporters who attend games week in week out and remove that one ridiculous chant. It's not really asking a lot is it. As you say it would show that they are prepared to work with other supporters and perhaps they might even recruit a few more people.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Yes very good points. If I was involved in running the thing, the first number one priority would be to get our supporters one side and pulling in the one direction. Would automatically lead to it at least doubling in numbers, instead of the stale rabble its been for many years.

This is the very reason they shouldnt be running the thing anyway.

Yes they are deedicated, good one em...

But on th other hand there would be hundreds of others who would be just as dedicated and do a better job if given the oppotunity.

And I dont want to hear "well come and join us then.." crap that always seems to come out when this gets bought up. Why the hell would I associate myself with that.

Anyway, bottom line is it needs a major injection of the 20-40 age group, desperately.

Many things to be learned watching proper cheer squads of other teams.

Sorry, Dont want to be harsh, but its a real bug bear of mine!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Yes very good points. If I was involved in running the thing, the first number one priority would be to get our supporters one side and pulling in the one direction. Would automatically lead to it at least doubling in numbers, instead of the stale rabble its been for many years.

This is the very reason they shouldnt be running the thing anyway.

Yes they are deedicated, good one em...

But on th other hand there would be hundreds of others who would be just as dedicated and do a better job if given the oppotunity.

And I dont want to hear "well come and join us then.." crap that always seems to come out when this gets bought up. Why the hell would I associate myself with that.

Anyway, bottom line is it needs a major injection of the 20-40 age group, desperately.

Many things to be learned watching proper cheer squads of other teams.

Sorry, Dont want to be harsh, but its a real bug bear of mine!
its made up of only little kids and old people who run it and that are unreceptive to change which is sad because we truly have the worst cheer squad in the league by a long long way

que dools to tell all us cherr squad beaters to go to hell...or we suck...or we should make our own cheer squad...or shut up

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
midas_touch
Club Player

Well we do have an unoffical cheer squad in the moorabbin wing, but yeah i also agree that the cheer squad needs a revamp, instead of persisting with the 'join us or get stuffed mentality'. They need to learn to take constructive criticism.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Ive sat with a philip a couple of times at games. Funny fella who I suspect would have had his tongue in his cheek most of the time

I remember officially handing Carlton the spoon by beating them at TD the following week. A few spoons being waved around that day too.

IIRC the "spoon" idea was hatched on here and Eastern may have been involved in the Genesis of it :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Dools, look up the meaning of the word irony & get back to me. :D :wink:

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Dools, look up the meaning of the word irony & get back to me. :D :wink:
oh so now dools doesnt have an opinion...

shame that

Saints94
SS Life Member

I've already been abused by some people on here :x

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

homework wrote:I've already been abused by some people on here :x
what are you talking about homie??

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
homework wrote:I've already been abused by some people on here :x
what are you talking about homie??
god only knows

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

poochy2008 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
poochy2008 wrote:crap topic you know it wont happen, harvey is st kilda thru and thru just that you like booing our players, how dare u :twisted:
is this adam? the s*** kick?
?? before my 2nd to last ban, i read on this site that you booed our players, how could you do such a thing
He has got you there!

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
saintdooley wrote:good friends with the Beetham's.
hes an awesome bloke!
welll...maybe not that far...but anyone who abuses a saints player is not a true supporter...and deserves to be told off at least........
Or shot...

Just Kidding.