Who will it be.....which player will emerge?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

super dooper
Club Player

markp wrote:I hope Fiora can really step-up....
Im thinking along the same lines
Although he has been a whipping boy amoungst most of us, ill admit it that i have been one, for some of the things that let himself down i see something that gives us a reason to be dissapointed in some of his efforts, coz we have all seen glimpses, we started to see some of them towards the end of 07.

my other nomination would have to be armo

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I think we saw the best of Fiora in 2007. He should be able to maintain that level this year, but I can't see him getting any better.

He will never be a game breaker or top 10 player, but is a solid wingman to rotate off the bench when our midfield needs a boost. He has the occasional flash of brilliance (his screamers or goal from 50) and people seem to think he has the potential to be a star (coupled with his misfortune of being picked at 3 ahead of Pavlich). Being a gun player isn't about consistenly taking ridiculous marks, it is about getting plenty of the footy, using it well and stopping your opponent from having a big impact. I don't think Fiora is capable of doing that consistently.

markp
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
I think we saw the best of Fiora in 2007. He should be able to maintain that level this year, but I can't see him getting any better.

He will never be a game breaker or top 10 player, but is a solid wingman to rotate off the bench when our midfield needs a boost. He has the occasional flash of brilliance (his screamers or goal from 50) and people seem to think he has the potential to be a star (coupled with his misfortune of being picked at 3 ahead of Pavlich). Being a gun player isn't about consistenly taking ridiculous marks, it is about getting plenty of the footy, using it well and stopping your opponent from having a big impact. I don't think Fiora is capable of doing that consistently.
Like I said, I Hope! He is an enigma, did show last year he has it in him, perhaps the new coach etc. is helping, and maybe he's realized he's approaching his late 20's and it's now or never.... He can pop up and do incredible things, just seems to need the belief and confidence to consistently impose himself on a game... Now or never.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Fiora plays well in bursts, probably has 15 good minutes in a game. If he can double that period he will become a much better player - it could even be fitness related.