St Kilda The 2nd Oldest In AFL - The AGE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ben_fff
Club Player

I really don't think our players being on average 1.5 years older makes then carlton makes much of a diff.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

ben_fff wrote:I really don't think our players being on average 1.5 years older makes then carlton makes much of a diff.
i know i can hardly talk seing how my post have tendancys to not read easily but ..... WHAT ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
ben_fff
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
ben_fff wrote:I really don't think our players being on average 1.5 years older makes then carlton makes much of a diff.
i know i can hardly talk seing how my post have tendancys to not read easily but ..... WHAT ?
Whoops.

I meant: I really don't think our players being 1.5 years older than Carltons players would make much difference.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:So excluding Harves we are about 4 months older than average.
Less than an off-season.

As you said, big deal.

The key thing in youth terms is to have a good spread of young talent between 18-23 coming through.

What would you prefer: five 23-year olds who have developed into very good players, or five 18-year olds, one of whom has shown a great deal, another who looks pretty handy and three who are simply not up to scratch?

Within reason, not about age, it's about talent and/or potential.

Not an issue at all.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

It would be interesting to do this analysis on the best 25 players from each club (ie. the corre firsts playing group).

I think this would give a better indication of age and experience per club.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I would like to see which teams have the most letter 't's when you look over their player lists (including first, middle and last names), that will be as good an indication as age is...

The teams that want to have young lists are Richmond, Carlton, Melbourne and Bulldogs because they are the 4 teams with the most improving to do, they need to know that they are on the right track...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:It would be interesting to do this analysis on the best 25 players from each club (ie. the corre firsts playing group).

I think this would give a better indication of age and experience per club.
spot on, but this would take brain power from journos just before Xmas!