magpies snap up tall soccer prodigy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Dustings of Burwood wrote:If this kid is a 'soccer prodigy' he would not been signing up for Collingwood Football Club - a 'soccer prodigy' has a lot more earning potential than an AFL player.
Exactly what I first thought, even an average player in one of the european leagues can make a hell of a lot mroe than the average footy player...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Huzzad
Club Player

Plus if he is a soccer prodigy, he'd probably be a good soccer player and actually be playing soccer. He obviously isn't very good at soccer because he has picked another game to try over his chosen sport, which has not drafted him.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
LTN16 wrote:What ever happened do the days of drafting someone because of there football ability :roll:

This kid will be a dud
But if we got him he would be a star.
plugger i think you forget some times that this is a saints fan forum of coarse we are going to be pro saints it stands to logic .
as for if we drafted him i would be quiet pissed off wasting money on a person who has bearly played the game when there are 1000's of kids who live and breath the game. a footy mind is valuable theres no point being the best athletic player if you dont have the instincts on where to kick the ball once you got it

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood, scraping the barrel again.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

U bet....not as if we haven't got the cash to splash and hardly a risk, we haven't exactly taken him with a top 10 pick now have we?

I would love to bring up the Marty Clarke example but I think i might leave it.....

:?

RBnW
Club Player

Dustings of Burwood wrote:If this kid is a 'soccer prodigy' he would not been signing up for Collingwood Football Club - a 'soccer prodigy' has a lot more earning potential than an AFL player.
spot on mate....if he was any good at soccer he would be signed up already at the AIS or state talent squad, or be going overseas...even if he is a goal keeper that wont make him an AFL player.....playing Gaelic Football in Ireland is a lot different to playing soccer in Australia, which is why Clarke has done well.....waste of time and effort this one...

Our best is yet
to come......
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:U bet....not as if we haven't got the cash to splash and hardly a risk, we haven't exactly taken him with a top 10 pick now have we?

I would love to bring up the Marty Clarke example but I think i might leave it.....

:?
Exactly, take what you can get, as a Saints fan I am jealous that Collingwood have the kind of money, IMO Marty Clarke will never be a superstar but I think he will almost certainly be a 150+ solid game player...

Collingwood are leading the way and if the other clubs don't follow suit we will fall behind...

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

waste of time and effort this one...
Yes let's discard him now.....let's. He is not due to be rookie listed until 2009 which gives him this year to learn the game. I'm happy with the risk. Hawthorn and Sydney were also going to have a crack but missed out so obvious interest there and their recruiting has been "reasonable" between those two sides.

Shucks....

The Jeff
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
Exactly what I first thought, even an average player in one of the european leagues can make a hell of a lot mroe than the average footy player...
But maybe...the kid just saw an opportunity to get out of Gympie! And rather than integrate straight into regular society he is going to the familiar surrounds of the Collingwood Football Club. I am surprised Collingwood and Gympie haven't been in partnership before!

FQF
GrumpyOne

The Jeff wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
But maybe...the kid just saw an opportunity to get out of Gympie! And rather than integrate straight into regular society he is going to the familiar surrounds of the Collingwood Football Club. I am surprised Collingwood and Gympie haven't been in partnership before!
Collingwood have a lot of gimpy footballers already. :wink:

my les foote
Club Player

I take back everything I said about this kid. I want him to succeed and play on the bench for the pies. When Malthouse thinks the pies need a boost, he just says "Bring out the gimp".

Huge marketing opportunity for the pies.

Win it for HIM!
Batnoe

I grew up in Gympie

I have to say i have never heard of him and have a lot of soccer mates, but it does say he is living in brisbane which means he is from Gympie but doesnt live there.

There have been some pretty impressive sports people from Gympie so i hope he makes it

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

my les foote wrote:"Bring out the gimp".
the gimp's asleep man!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
the gimp's asleep man!
wake the gimp !

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
the gimp's asleep man!
wake the gimp !
:D :D :D One of the best movies ever!!, back when Tarrantino was at his best, if you haven't seen deathproof yet, don't bother...

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

in all honesty i fine tarantino over rated especially nowdays the best thing about pulp fiction is the way the actors all worked their roles travolta and sameul L jackson were made to play those roles and bruce willis player the washed up neverwas role perfectly def. one of the better movies made