o'dea greening incident

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
plugger66 wrote:The rose coloured glasses on this site amaze me. That is all I can say on this incident.
Can't really comment on this incident as I'm too recently a Sainter to know anything about it. But if you look towards the top of the page Plugger66 you'll find a phrase Saintsational Fan Forum.

There are always two sides to every story and I think it's forgiveable if when there is doubt that Saints fans err on the side of giving the Saints player/club the benefit of any doubt.
Is this really a Saints site. Thanks for telling me that I ouldnt have believed it with the responses GT gets ot Spider or Hally or Plugger or Acland.

linz
Club Player

I was also there that day. I was standing in the outer underneath the scoreboard. The incident happened on the other side of the ground on the half-forward flank & I didn't see it happen either. All I can remember was play stopping & the stretcher bearers coming out & loading on to it an inert player. It was a tragic incident for both players involved.

Jim was guilty. He was a hard player but he was not considered a dirty player up until then or in subsequent matches he played after returning from suspension. Greening was unlucky to be hit in the wrong spot & Jim was unlucky to deliver the blow.

Big Carl, Matthews, Cowboy, Crackers, Millane, Ablett, Nicholls, Balme, Brereton etc etc must sometimes look back over the past & consider that they were lucky not to have hit someone in the wrong spot.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:The rose coloured glasses on this site amaze me. That is all I can say on this incident.
I am in constant amazement that you are continually amazed.

I think a new thesaurus is required as 'amazed' is getting over done....amazingly.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
I am in constant amazement that you are continually amazed.

I think a new thesaurus is required as 'amazed' is getting over done....amazingly.
Next to Amazed in the Thesauras has my name actually and by the way how the hell can you know how to spell that word. I cant even say it.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Interesting. I am astonished and dismayed you have no thesaurus spelling ability. In fact, it makes me quite lugubrious.

However, I must point out that next to my name in my dictionary, it has my picture and my latin name....biggus dickuss.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Interesting. I am astonished and dismayed you have no thesaurus spelling ability. In fact, it makes me quite lugubrious.

However, I must point out that next to my name in my dictionary, it has my picture and my latin name....biggus dickuss.
where i grew up calling someone a big dick was likely to get you a smack in the mouth.......but if you are happy with that.... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
GrumpyOne

stinger wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Interesting. I am astonished and dismayed you have no thesaurus spelling ability. In fact, it makes me quite lugubrious.

where i grew up calling someone a big dick was likely to get you a smack in the mouth.......but if you are happy with that.... :roll:
Wasn't Biggus Dickus Pontius Pilate's friend in The Life of Brian?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:

you could be right......you were about your post on b4e big noting himself .....again..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Richter
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
Pontius Pilate So, yaw fatha was a Woman? Who was he?
Brian: He was a Centurion, in the Jerusalem Garrisons.
Pontius Pilate: Weally? What was his name?
Brian: 'Naughtius Maximus'.
[the Centurion laughs]
Pontius Pilate: Centuwion, do we have anyone of that name in the gawwison?
Centurion: Well, no, sir.
Pontius Pilate: Well, you sound vewy sure. Have you checked?
Centurion: Well, no, sir. Umm, I think it's a joke, sir... like, uh, 'Sillius Soddus' or... 'Biggus Dickus', sir.
Pontius Pilate: [guard chuckles] What's so funny about "Biggus Dickus? "
Centurion: Well, it's a joke name, sir.
Pontius Pilate: I have a vewy gweat fwiend in Wome called 'Biggus Dickus'.
[guard chuckles]
Pontius Pilate: Silence! What is all this insolence? You will find yourself in gladiator school vewy quickly with wotten behaviour like that.
Brian: Can I go now, sir?
[slap]
Brian: Aaah! Eh.
Pontius Pilate: Wait till Biggus Dickus hears of this!
[guard chuckles]

Pontius Pilate: What about you? Do you find it... wisible... when I say the name... 'Biggus'...
[chuckle]
Pontius Pilate: ... Dickus?
[both guards chuckle]
Pontius Pilate: He has a wife, you know. You know what she's called? She's called... 'Incontinentia'... Incontinentia Buttocks

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...