Only one captain next year?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Who would you choose as sole captain in 2008?

Nick Riewoldt
47%
Lenny Hayes
53%

Total votes: 76

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:It's a non-contest, Roo by a mile.

Lenny doesn't have the same physical presence as Roo.....that real tough hardness is what we lack.

Lenny is very hard also, don't get me wrong, but he aint a bit lump of lad like Roo.
One may be taller but I think Lenny would bump harder. I dont any of that should come into it anyway. It should be the player most respected by our players.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt - BEST player in side and has grown enormously give it to him with Lendog as vice.

Thank god we are finally ditching Trant Gomas drivel of musical chair captain and putting some respect back into having the mantle......it resembled a Bangkok hooker for there for a while....

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Riewoldt - BEST player in side and has grown enormously give it to him with Lendog as vice.

Thank god we are finally ditching Trant Gomas drivel of musical chair captain and putting some respect back into having the mantle......it resembled a Bangkok hooker for there for a while....
So 3 captains is OK is it.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i'd prefer lenny to take the captaincy if it were to be only 1 captain from 2008 onwards. no real reason as to why as i think they are both exceptional players, but i think i prefer a captain with a lower profile.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

IMO Lenny is the best pure captain in the club. BUT I agree that the sole captaincy could help take Nick to a new level (which is pretty enticing given that he is already our best player by a fair margin).

Lenny would be captain at just about every other league club, he has its all, skill, tough as teak, inspirational, leads by example & the right amount of mongrel. Nick lacks a bit of the nasty streak that made Carey such a great leader but he makes up for it with his courage.

Lenny still for me but I definitely wouldn't be disappointed if Nick got the No.1 job. I do like the incentive it would give him to be a one club player, especially if city hall get their way & have a Gold Coast team...they'd be after a marquee player & Rooey would be No 1, 2 and 3 on their hitlist.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:Riewoldt - BEST player in side and has grown enormously give it to him with Lendog as vice.

So 3 captains is OK is it.
Do point out where I say that?

I look forward to you having to make that up or introduce the Swans as your model...btw - I follow St Kilda. :wink:

“Yeah….nah””