Fergus Watts

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

tolerance isn't really a virtue around here......is it..//// :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

woooosaints wrote:personally i would still rather watts in our team then ferguson or our smokey pick 70
why would you want watts, when he will never be right to play afl?

rather pick 70

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Zero second effort for Watts... Ok footballer, and in another era may have made it, as mentioned earlier.. But in todays game, there has to be more than 1 string to your bow.. Watts was/is mark.... kick.... and thats all...

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
riccardo wrote:Watts was a poor player before he was injured, thats just an excuse.
His ankle never recovering properly is an excuse? That's fkn harsh. He played one game as a fit St.Kilda player.
And it was awful, hence the comment.

No need to reply to the other two quotes on my comment, not worth my time to be honest.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Zero second effort for Watts... Ok footballer, and in another era may have made it, as mentioned earlier.. But in todays game, there has to be more than 1 string to your bow.. Watts was/is mark.... kick.... and thats all...
That's exactly what I said before we drafted him and repeated it every time some moron kept on posting on how the saints must get him.

FAIR DINKUM

Get a flowering clue

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
savatage wrote:
riccardo wrote:Watts was a poor player before he was injured, thats just an excuse.
His ankle never recovering properly is an excuse? That's fkn harsh. He played one game as a fit St.Kilda player.
And it was awful, hence the comment.

No need to reply to the other two quotes on my comment, not worth my time to be honest.
How was it awful?

He played between FF and CHF, made numerous leads and kept presenting. he toko a few grabs and kicked a goal. we were smashed in the middle, especially once ball went down chasing cousins through the middle of the park.

we would have been much better off going the small forward line route that night, round 1 at subi, half the list isnt match fit, skills are still abit suspect under match conditions and especially when ball went down, our big guys up top didnt get much of a chance, but realistically with the service that was provided to him on the night, he was okay.

not great, but definitely not awful.

poor player before he got injured? no way.

Bono
Club Player

He was delisted because he was a sh1t player. Why did the Crows happliy trade him out? What did he do for St KFC that warranted him being kept on the list?

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

The crows didnt 'happily trade him out'.

They were devastated when he left.

the supporters were furious, the club was angry, but he wanted to come back to melbourne.

adelaide traded hard, which ment we ended up giving a first round pick for him.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Bono wrote:He was delisted because he was a sh1t player. Why did the Crows happliy trade him out? What did he do for St KFC that warranted him being kept on the list?
His ankle got smashed man.....

...Everyone here would struggle to walk for the next year and a half let alone play competitive first grade football.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Bono wrote:He was delisted because he was a sh1t player. Why did the Crows happliy trade him out? What did he do for St KFC that warranted him being kept on the list?
His ankle got smashed man.....

...Everyone here would struggle to walk for the next years and a half let alone play competitive first grade football.
exactly.

john reid's (adelaide football manager) response to Watt's statement that he wanted to return to Victoria:

“that lengthy discussions with the
Coach, players and management were unable to change Fergus’s mind. It is definitely
not related to contractual matters as Fergus was offered a healthy contract to stay.
As disappointed as we are we respect Fergus’s position in the matter. The Club will
make all endeavors to procure a replacement player or a high draft pick for Fergus’s
transfer.â€

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

n1ck wrote:The crows didnt 'happily trade him out'.

the supporters were furious, the club was angry
I bet they're laughing now!

savatage
SS Life Member

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
n1ck wrote:The crows didnt 'happily trade him out'.

the supporters were furious, the club was angry
I bet they're laughing now!
Hardly, I'm not even sure if the player they recruited from that pick we traded (Pfeiffer) even played a game before being delisted. It was clearly a win/win! :)

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

DAMN you Grant Thomas for smashing his ankle :roll:

i bet grant thomas went back in time and hobbled doc before the 66 GF too :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!