Gehrig Press conference tues 11am

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Quixote
SS Life Member

Live just after 12:30 SEN...

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:Live just after 12:30 SEN...
Yeh....evidenty GTrain retired the 11:10am one and is now coming back 85 minutes later....a bit like his retirment only lasting 85 days :wink:
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 27 Nov 2007 12:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

he's lucky his kicking for goal is more reliable than he is

lovin_dal_santo
SS Hall of Fame

Up next!

Fraser: It hasn't really sunk in to be honest, I was back training yesterday, it was a bit different to two - three months ago. I'm looking forward to putting everything behind me and catching up on preseason training.

Really only happened last week (the decision), less than a week and a half ago I spoke to Ross. He rang me, and we had a quite a few chats before the draft. I pretend to be a normal person but I've always done things my way, I was just fortunate enough for the club to give me another opportunity, and I'm prepared to work backside off!

What resparked your desire? I really enjoyed last year, with the new coach and playing group. Mind and body wise, I finished well, that wasn't one of the issues. My issue was I always wanted to travel, have an extended break overseas, but when you have a career like mine, 14 years. I was a bit sick when I told Ross I wasn't playing again, maybe I did that two harshly, I wasn't feeling good about myself. I worked out that I had a good thing. It wasn't through lack of motivation, but I realised I can do all that after footy. The emotion of the last game, I was content then, but things have changed.

Many people say that you're not the most committed footballer? That's hasn't come from the club/players, mainly media and public perception. I could've quite easily finished 3-4 years ago, but my passion has been very strong and will continue to be so.

What have you missed most? Alot of things, I really enjoyed last year, even though the results weren't great. I'm very close to my team mates and staff, I certainly want to go overseas but I'm only young and I have years to do that. It is a family down here.

Very happy with my body and health, itching to get back into it. I'm expecting a very good year for the club, going in with a fair bit of confidence.

Can the powerforward, like yourself, have longer careers? I've become rather one position, but looking back on it that isn't a negative. Quite alot of players are in this unique position.. And yeah I've lost my school of thought.. What was the quesiton?
Powerforwards? Oh mentally and physically quite a draining position, but I'm postive I can get through at least one season.

If I was a person from another club, I wouldn't have recruited me. My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them. Any other club would've wasted a pick on me.

I finished the year in a good way, looking back I've gone through a bit of crap retiring, but the club still wanted me, it was my decision to leave initially, my fitness is good.

What was Ross's reaction? A friend of mine spoke to Ross, and then he rang me. We have good relationship, he said if you're interested get back to me. He has been very positive, he knows what I'm about, he's been very supportive. We can work on things next year, we have a good group who can kick goals to help the team win many games.

You're not retired until you miss games of football, I only missed 3 weeks of training and I kept training while on the break. I was running on the treadmill thinking I may aswell be running in the sun with my team mates, I haven't missed much, I'm not the sorta person who will be running marathons on their preseason.

The only thing that has disappointed me a bit, is the whole retirement thing with saying goodbye and then that's a little embarrassing but the club and supporters have been great.
Last edited by lovin_dal_santo on Tue 27 Nov 2007 12:59pm, edited 3 times in total.

Robert Harvey
What else do we need?
jimmy_slats
Club Player

on now

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

GTrain

My heart is St kilda....and I would not want to play anywhere else

Says it all...I think.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 27 Nov 2007 12:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Said his body is very good.

Last season had the flu badly.....

Was asked about football not being importnat to him. said that those that knew him well know that football is importnat to him

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Is looking forward to a very good year in 2008...for him and the team

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Only negative was that it was a bit embarrassing having gone through the retirement process, saying good bye to fans etc...and then coming back :wink:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Only negative was that it was a bit embarrassing having gone through the retirement process, saying good bye to fans etc...and then coming back :wink:
i forgive him

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Was asked about beinga single position player (FF).....he said that he did not now view this asa problem (for him)....and that their are some other single position players around.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

He also said that a big reason why he retired was that he wanted to travel....but that he now realised that at 31 that he had plenty of time to travel later.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

COMMENT:

You can just tell he loves playing for the Saints and with his mates..

We already knew this...but his voice just drips with passion...

A warning for opposition clubs is that Frase sees himself as very physically fit now (ie no medical problems, but is aweek or two behinmd in pre-seasontraining) and is setting himself for a big year in 2008!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back Fraser :lol: :lol: :lol:

yipper
SS Life Member

lovin_dal_santo wrote:Up next!

I really enjoyed last year, with the new coach and playing group. [

I'm very close to my team mates and staff, It is a family down here.

Very happy with my body and health, itching to get back into it. I'm expecting a very good year for the club, going in with a fair bit of confidence.
[
If I was a person from another club, I wouldn't have recruited me. My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them. Any other club would've wasted a pick on me.

IWhat was Ross's reaction? We can work on things next year, we have a good group who can kick goals to help the team win many games.

Those quotes above say it all!! This bloke is all St.Kilda. Welcome home big fella.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:What was Ross's reaction? We can work on things next year, we have a good group who can kick goals to help the team win many games
that's music to my ears. go saints

Back In Town

He sounded very positive that's for sure. He even mentioned that he could play on past next season. He realy expects to perform well and I am confident after hearing it from his own mouth that he will be back in a big way. Expect him to be a major contributor up front once again.
He obviously loves his team mates and they love him. He's all passion.
I must say that I love watching him play and look forward to Round 1 at the Dome in Bay 23. Right next to the 'G Spot'.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

lovin_dal_santo wrote:.. And yeah I've lost my school of thought.. What was the quesiton?
He missed a perfect opportunity to drop a "train" in there!

aussiejones
Club Player

All the signs are good ....

He is misunderstood as being moody but I think he is frustrated by players up the ground and their delivery of the ball.

The danger is just because he is back that they revert to the same old set up and predictability. The plans made knowing he was gone should not be scrapped ,but , used on occasion to make our forward line less predictable .

Welcome back Frase .........and to the rest of the boys try and deliver the ball to suit him and he will kick a bag .

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

aussiejones wrote: The danger is just because he is back that they revert to the same old set up and predictability. The plans made knowing he was gone should not be scrapped ,but , used on occasion to make our forward line less predictable
i agree. hopefully it will be fraser ff, kosi chf and riewoldt roaming forward. difficult for any opposition to shut down all three of them.

kosi up forward gives us the option of a guy who can take contested marks, so he won't always need pinpoint delivery.

but it's great to see fraser back

yipper
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
aussiejones wrote: The danger is just because he is back that they revert to the same old set up and predictability. The plans made knowing he was gone should not be scrapped ,but , used on occasion to make our forward line less predictable
i agree. hopefully it will be fraser ff, kosi chf and riewoldt roaming forward. difficult for any opposition to shut down all three of them.

kosi up forward gives us the option of a guy who can take contested marks, so he won't always need pinpoint delivery.

but it's great to see fraser back
Looks good. But we will need both King and Gardner to have solid seasons. i.e. play a lot of games.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Saints94
SS Life Member

Welcome back Fraser all the best for 08

GrumpyOne

homework wrote:Welcome back Fraser all the best for 08
And welcome back to you too Homey..... Thought we had lost you for a time there....... :D

Saints94
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
And welcome back to you too Homey..... Thought we had lost you for a time there....... :D
Thanks Grumps............nah my computer had a virus but its the best now

GrumpyOne

homework wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Gotta be careful what you download mate!

Saints94
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
homework wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Gotta be careful what you download mate!
I was just trying to download itunes when in a blink of an eye my computer shuted its self down.............then i turned it back on and it said "your computer has a virus would you like to update some new software so i did and then it was back to normal