caro on the eagles...and us...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Get over it.

Caro has more sense than most of the footballing journalists out there put together.

She mentions Gardiner in an article about West Coast drug problems on the back of the latest Cousins setback.

Anyone denying its relevance? Or are we all just sooking that she didnt write a featured book containing all the other examples of clubs putting success ahead of social responsibilities.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I have no doubt that the reference to Gardiner was intended to be read as both Stinger and I have, and apparently others who have posted in this thread.
And how exactly have you read it? Did you read it as saying that Gardiner had a problem with illicit drugs? That he had tested positive to a test for such substances?

Those solely with knowledge of what is on the public record would take Wilson's comments to refer to the matters I mentioned earlier. Those with special knowledge of facts not on the public record might interpret her comments as referring to something else. I am sure Wilson would not have a problem with someone interpreting her comments that way, and I'd suggest that is how they were intended to be interpreted by those persons, but there is nothing there to breach any injunction in contempt of the Victorian Supreme Court.
stinker wrote:i would think her comments would be actionable by gardiner anyway
What's the cause of action, sting-sting?
stinker wrote:revolting has once again lost the plot
Do you even remember who I am? I thought the Alzheimer's was more advanced than that.

OWTS I'm pleased you feel that The Age should sacrifice editorial independence for the sake of its commercial relationships. That's exactly what the Australian media needs.
Exactly.

linz
Club Player

Caro is big on self-righteous and sexist issues and is also an aggressive reporter willing to step on the heads of others to get the BIG stories.

The WAYS (apart from stepping on heads) she gets these BIG stories will come out in due course. Or do the Age need a good Ruckman, I mean Reporter.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:OWTS I'm pleased you feel that The Age should sacrifice editorial independence for the sake of its commercial relationships. That's exactly what the Australian media needs.
Absolutely.

Wouldn't have it any other way :wink:

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Riewoldting wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I have no doubt that the reference to Gardiner was intended to be read as both Stinger and I have, and apparently others who have posted in this thread.
And how exactly have you read it? Did you read it as saying that Gardiner had a problem with illicit drugs? That he had tested positive to a test for such substances?

Those solely with knowledge of what is on the public record would take Wilson's comments to refer to the matters I mentioned earlier. Those with special knowledge of facts not on the public record might interpret her comments as referring to something else. I am sure Wilson would not have a problem with someone interpreting her comments that way, and I'd suggest that is how they were intended to be interpreted by those persons, but there is nothing there to breach any injunction in contempt of the Victorian Supreme Court.
Do you even remember who I am? I thought the Alzheimer's was more advanced than that.

OWTS I'm pleased you feel that The Age should sacrifice editorial independence for the sake of its commercial relationships. That's exactly what the Australian media needs.
Exactly.

:roll:...why do i get the feeling that some of the posters on here aren't who they say they are...ie...saints supporters......it doesn't matter what crap the scum journo's write about us..someone will always stick up for them.........might they just be scum journo's themselves .....caro even.....worth considering....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote: Do you even remember who I am? I thought the Alzheimer's was more advanced than that.
...of course i do...you're the creep that made sexual references in respect of one of my daughters.... .... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

You've got me all wrong, sting-sting. I only want the best for her.

And that's just what I gave her ... repeatedly

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:You've got me all wrong, sting-sting. I only want the best for her.

And that's just what I gave her ... repeatedly

you really are a pathetic sicko......

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

I hope you don't treat all your daughter's boyfriends this way.

So uh ... do I have to call you "Dad" now ..? :shock:

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Caroline Wilson is a gossip columnist. Has she ever written anything about the actual game itself?

She didn't mention Polak
She didn't mention Krauker
She didn't mention the only AFL player EVER to be found guilty of using drugs Justin Charles.

All were BITCHMOND players. Why did BITCHMOND recruit Polak? Why did BITCHMOND allow Charles to play with them again?

Stupid old crone should be writing with Laurence Money not about football.

Incredibly biased and incredibly poorly written by this self righteous, holier than thou, creature who is a JOURNALIST FFS and thinks she can cast aspersions on others when she works in the worst crack whore professions....since....well....crack whoredom :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Caroline Wilson is a gossip columnist. Has she ever written anything about the actual game itself?

She didn't mention Polak
She didn't mention the only AFL player EVER to be found guilty of using drugs Justin Charles.

All were BITCHMOND players. Why did BITCHMOND recruit Polak? Why did BITCHMOND allow Charles to play with them again?

Incredibly biased and incredibly poorly written by this self righteous, holier than thou, creature who is a JOURNALIST FFS and thinks she can cast aspersions on others when she works in the worst crack whore professions....since....well....crack whoredom :roll:
Well said, there is no better way to describe that succubus, what I don't understand is how is she in a position of such power in the media, does anybody have anything good to say about her, she needs to get the hell off her high horse, who cares if players are druggos, who cares if they are bashing people in the streets and drink driving, atleast there not a 50 year old hag with braces.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Caroline Wilson is a gossip columnist. Has she ever written anything about the actual game itself?

She didn't mention Polak

for once we can agree.....

St Mick
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Riewoldting wrote:

Exactly.

:roll:...why do i get the feeling that some of the posters on here aren't who they say they are...ie...saints supporters......it doesn't matter what crap the scum journo's write about us..someone will always stick up for them.........might they just be scum journo's themselves .....caro even.....worth considering....
I bet you were agreeing with her articles like I was when she was bagging Carlton

If we want to get anywhere as a club we need to take criticism on board unlike the scum.

Unfortunately Gardiner was a bad pick; as soon as Denis Pagan showed interest in him we should have backed away but Grant's inability to develop ruckmen left us in a desperate position

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

St Mick wrote: I bet you were agreeing with her articles like I was when she was bagging Carlton

If we want to get anywhere as a club we need to take criticism on board unlike the scum.

Unfortunately Gardiner was a bad pick; as soon as Denis Pagan showed interest in him we should have backed away but Grant's inability to develop ruckmen left us in a desperate position
WTF?
Gardiner a bad pick?
Do you even know what we gave up for him? He was practically free, and he hasn't been a liability and he certainly hasn't brought anyone around him down. With any luck you will choke on those words in 10 months time...

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Why exactly was he a bad pick?

Sure he hasnt played a game for us as yet, but the coaching staff saw enough potential in him to offer him a contract extension.

We got him for pretty much nothing in last years trade week, paying him minimum wage - at just over a first year draftee's salary...

Why was he a bad pick?

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Well said Armoooo, lol.

Beat me by a minute!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Well said Armoooo, lol.

Beat me by a minute!
Great minds :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Mick wrote:
I bet you were agreeing with her articles like I was when she was bagging Carlton

yes ...of course i was.....i just think she has double standards....

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
St Mick wrote:

yes ...of course i was.....i just think she has double standards....
I would like to see someone try and argue against that statement...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Riewoldting wrote:

Exactly.

No No No, Stinger....Your confusing that with the feeling of being wrong.

SO don't do blaming make believe opposition supporters, undercover journalists or Eskimos.

St Mick
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
St Mick wrote: I bet you were agreeing with her articles like I was when she was bagging Carlton

WTF?
Gardiner a bad pick?
Do you even know what we gave up for him? He was practically free, and he hasn't been a liability and he certainly hasn't brought anyone around him down. With any luck you will choke on those words in 10 months time...
He is a liability because he has cost another youngster a spot on the list.

No one is 'practically free' when you use a draft pick on them.

And in regards to your statement 'With any luck you will choke on those words in 10 months time' everyone keeps saying that about Gardiner

"in a few weeks when he gets his knee right"
"in a few weeks when he gets his foot right"
etc etc

SirDog
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Anyone denying its relevance? Or are we all just sooking that she didnt write a featured book containing all the other examples of clubs putting success ahead of social responsibilities.
I think you hit the nail on the head. If she mentioned another player, there would be posters on SaintSational all over it like a fly on dogsh@t.

I posted a long time ago my apprehensiveness with MG and I still carry that. His character references ain't that crash hot over here.

Sorry to edit your post Spinner but yep just a bunch of sooks.

St.Kilda fan - through and through.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: caro on the eagles...and us...

stinger wrote: As has been often said, the AFL has known of the Eagles' problems and has hoped it would remain public rumour at best or disappear altogether. Now it seems the only solution is to rid the club of all those individuals who have erred in the past. This might sound harsh but should someone like Kerr continue unpunished, then clearly the Eagles will have learnt nothing. After all, West Coast is not the only club to put results ahead of its social responsibilities. St Kilda knew about the Eagles' problems but recruited Michael Gardiner saying it could help improve his life, but in truth it desperately needed a ruckman.
But the AFL runs the competition and the fact it has not acted until now — while Cousins continues to contribute to his own downfall against an international backdrop — means the game could wrongly be seen as a haven for drug abusers.
If StKilda had acted in a vaccuum when deciding to sign Gardiner then I would accept what she has written. But the facts do not support her story.
Gardiner was sacked by WCE for 'off-field' activities. He chose to try and resurrect his career. His management approached other clubs to offer his services and he himself underwent an extensive interview process and countless medical examinations including psychological testing to see if he was worth taking a chance on by another club. We opted to offer him another chance because we obviously came to the conclusion that he could improve our team/club. If anybody seriously thinks that we would have taken him if those in charge felt he was a 'risk' of bringing any of his WCE 'baggage' then they are seriously deluded. That does not mean that he will definitely not fall off the wagon and revert to his inappropriate ways, merely that the club and its expert advisors assessed him on many grounds and found that in their opinions the risk wasn't great enough to preclude selecting him. To minimise any risk we also selected an ageing ruckman called Clarke to cover the possibility of Gardiner not being able to play, and we took a full complement of Rookies to allow us the option of topping up our list in case of any emergency. Gardiner was apparently placed on a low wage performance based contract with stringent conditions re acceptable behaviour. The fact that injury prevented him from playing shows how far-sighted the Club was in their decision-making. It also showed how much Gardiner wanted to succeed because given his history you would have expected him to transgress in such circumstances but he obviously didn't. That fact alone should make Caro applaud StKilda's handling of him rather than give her the opportunity to take a 'cheap-shot' at our Club.

The Saints have a history of 'moving on' offending players, either directly or by making it so difficult for them that they leave of their own accord, and the inference in Caro's article is a slap in the face to past (and present) administrations who in this area seem to historically have acted responsibly.

Do we need to remind her of the players we have let go/discarded because of unacceptable behaviour of one sort or another?

Lawrence
Everitt
Owen
and of course the player her beloved Richmond couldn't sign up quick enough - Ian Stewart.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

well said mr magic...for those sticking up for her and the garbage she writes......well, we all know that journos sign on here and pretend to be saints supporters.....one even got caught out...didn't you mr leg opener...???

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

caro is correct......we desperately needed a ruckman then and now also (although King may fix that).

For the millionth time, let's just blame GT!!!