How did you find out about Saintsational.com?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:
battye wrote:
crannypete wrote:... unofficial footy fan fora ...
You are one of the few people that use the word "fora"... technically, it is the correct use of the term. Well done :)
So incorrect use of the term "fora" is pretty common?

Please, give us an example.
"Aaron Fora is soft"

"We should trade pick nine fora slow in and under midfielder."

Both are incorrect.

Saints94
SS Life Member

I typed in saints footy club in google went to saints transition site and it said down the bottom west of morrabin saints.com.au and saintsational :wink:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

A mate of mine who is fantatical Beggar fan just presumed I'd heard onfSaintsational when he was over at my place one day - back in Feb 05 I think - and the rest is history!

Can't believe I've missed out of 6 or 7 years of this, as I've had internet at home since 1996.

I didn't trust what came up with Google searches etc re forums....needed to hear about a "legit" site from real people in order to trust whether it's fair dinkum or not, if that makes any sense!

Imagine a life of finding out about St.Kilda just through saints.com.au/newspapers/radio/TV....seems like a distant memory now!!!

GrumpyOne

I heard about it from some scum journo who said that he gets all his Saints rumours off the site.

PLUGGER14
Club Player

BakesFan told me about it at a SEQ Saints meeting years ago.

Read a hell of a lot before signing up.

Saints94
SS Life Member

PLUGGER14 wrote:BakesFan told me about it at a SEQ Saints meeting years ago.

Read a hell of a lot before signing up.
same here joined on the day riewoldt done his hammy

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Natural progression from the old saints site when Timmy was coach, Disco Stu would rock you, Nana would make her coleslaw, Spur would eat out of the dumpster at the back of the local McDonalds and there were stalkers aplenty!
The old saints forum was brilliant!
As good as Saintsational is it you'll never match the old forum.

Them were the days SEN! :lol: :lol: who were you then?

Wonder is dear old Nan is still alive and what became of Spur? :shock:
Remember Lucinda and the shimmering dress? rrrrrrrrr :)

Some very funny moments in those unregulated days on thre forum.

And posters such as... Majority, Waiting for Joel, George, Quizmaster, Arrogant and loving it to name but a few, some are still here under different names.

From the old forum still here and under the same names are Joffaboy, Dan Warner, Stinger, HSV, Eastern, Roger, Loris, Karnaby, Davo 27, Fireman, St.Mart just to name a few.

I posted on the old forum from about '97 to closure in '99 (Anyone remmber jars in '97?).

Found this site on a link somewhere maybe in 2003 or thereabout.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I found this site after a news piece earlier this year.

Not only is this the first saints forum I have been on, but also the first forum.

I notice that many of the 'old-timer' posters all have similar 'joining dates' on this forum. WHat happened around that time? DId a new forum start out of the ashes of an old forum?

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I found this site after a news piece earlier this year.

Not only is this the first saints forum I have been on, but also the first forum.

I notice that many of the 'old-timer' posters all have similar 'joining dates' on this forum. WHat happened around that time? DId a new forum start out of the ashes of an old forum?
The old site crashed, so it was re-built and that was the new launching date.

They walk amongst us...

Solar
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:

hey what year did this place come into being? I remember the whole fuss when the old fan forum on the saints site was killed off and remember coming here. Those were the days....

Helps that damo(saintsational) is the most passionate supporter. Don't know how we all would have got through such things as the blight fiasco, whispers in the sky, losing finals (and running on the field... hell I remember pissing the whole forum off with a count down to the prelim in '04!!)...... it goes on and on

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Saints94
SS Life Member

Solar wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

hey what year did this place come into being? I remember the whole fuss when the old fan forum on the saints site was killed off and remember coming here. Those were the days....

Helps that damo(saintsational) is the most passionate supporter. Don't know how we all would have got through such things as the blight fiasco, whispers in the sky, losing finals (and running on the field... hell I remember pissing the whole forum off with a count down to the prelim in '04!!)...... it goes on and on
why doesnt damo post around here anymore

s2__Sainterrz
Club Player

GrumpyOne told me about it, and i went on here but i didnt understand it the first couple times i came on but then i got it, so i signed up and have gotten a new account since then..

Goody
Club Player

God I used to be a part of the old one back in 98/99 when Timmy was stuffing things up. Dont post much, read heaps, almost every day, even when I'm oversea's. Only got on the internet in 98 so its been a big part of my life since them.
I dont remember how I found it, just googled it I spose, the rest is history.
Some of the names mentioned before like Damo, Spur, Nana, Spelly, Close the Quotes, geez they bring back memories

I hope this one goes on

Goody

Followed Saints since '71
Sir Robert Harvey was my favorite player
Stewie Lowe and Plugger before that.
Loved watching Rooey and Jack Steven
Now looking forward to the future

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, but most just say " What the f#&k happened!".
The Peanut
Club Player

I met Loris, rogerwa and firthy at the pub, watching the game on the big-screen - I still clearly remember rogerwa 'spitting the dummy' and Loris telling me not to worry about him, 'he is always like that'. :lol:

Anyway SS was discussed and I had previously recieved an email from Damien when he was setting it up and wanted to swap links - so I thought that I had better have a look. I didn't know anything about the previous forum.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Natural progression from the old saints site when Timmy was coach, Disco Stu would rock you, Nana would make her coleslaw, Spur would eat out of the dumpster at the back of the local McDonalds and there were stalkers aplenty!
still are..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Goody wrote:God I used to be a part of the old one back in 98/99 when Timmy was stuffing things up. Dont post much, read heaps, almost every day, even when I'm oversea's. Only got on the internet in 98 so its been a big part of my life since them.
I dont remember how I found it, just googled it I spose, the rest is history.
Some of the names mentioned before like Damo, Spur, Nana, Spelly, Close the Quotes, geez they bring back memories

I hope this one goes on

Goody
spelly and close the quotes (ctqs) are still around...that referred to 66 and 99.......brilliant nick...

..stinger was only my dark side back in those days when most if not all posters had several nicks....the dark side eventually took over..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: as is its want......

....fun times back then..yes i remember "jars"......prick.....

pity posters like loriswa, spelly and krabb don't post as much these days....put off by the jerks on here i would say......three classy ladies.....

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Preseason 2002 I was looking for Saints sites via Google and came across SS. Back then it was more of a WOM-style site, more than just a Forum. Damien was asking for a column writer so I pinged him off an email

Wrote a column called "The view from Level 4" (as it was then) for the site for a couple of seasons. Resounding feedback of zero until mid- 2002 I wrote a piece bemaoning the fact that sitting on Level 4 meant being surrounded by oppo supporters, even at home games..and why couldnt the CLub sell unsod reserved seats downstairs cheaper to Members on Match Day?

The next day I get an email frm a guy named Steve, aka Son'of 66, who told me about this idea he and his mate Ben were formulating for Level 4..working title the Robert Harvey Moorabbin Wing. Started reading the Forum to get updates on the concept and finally plucked up the courage to post.

Umpteen thousand posts later....LOL

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Some great stories guys ...

I relatively new to saintsational (in whatever form).

I started reading in the middle of the 2005 season. I joined at the end of '05 but went away for four weeks and completely forgot about it.

At the beginning of '06 I found SS again and began reading, and the finally decided to join before Round 1.

I think my first post was about team selection ...

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Some great stories guys ...

I relatively new to saintsational (in whatever form).

I started reading in the middle of the 2005 season. I joined at the end of '05 but went away for four weeks and completely forgot about it.

At the beginning of '06 I found SS again and began reading, and the finally decided to join before Round 1.

I think my first post was about team selection ...
....and now you are a mod...wow......promotion is swift around here...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...only teasing , mate... :wink: :wink:

in relation to that pr!ck jars who was destroying the then current saints site....i made a conscious effort to get rid of him ...and trolls in general......which with the help of others we did....

we wouldn't be able to do it now with the current tight censorship...

battye
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:
battye wrote:
crannypete wrote:... unofficial footy fan fora ...
You are one of the few people that use the word "fora"... technically, it is the correct use of the term. Well done :)
So incorrect use of the term "fora" is pretty common?

Please, give us an example.
"I post at the Saints fan forum"

Technically, this is incorrect. You are posting at the Saints bulletin board. Sounds ridiculous, personally, I'd say I post at the forum, but technically it is wrong.

The individual sections "Saintsational Fan Forum", "General Chat" etc... these are the forums.

Fora (and forums) is the plural of forum, ie. a collection of forums.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
midas_touch
Club Player

I heard about this site through the old Saints Radio program that ran on sport 927. Started reading around late 05, where I created an account which I later completely forgot about. I then made this account around the start of the 06 season.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

in my (very rare) spare time i used to do paintings/scetches ect of various things but one of my favorite things to draw were saints in action so i used to search the web for things like pics of Stewie Loewes last game ect ect then one day i stumbled on a fan site for the saints and i had a look at it but it was filled with these teen girls all proclaming they were Roos g/f and that the rest of the girls were lying skanks and pleanty of OMG omg omg omg hes hot hot hot hot omg omg !!!
and i though surely there has to be a more mature sensible rational informative saints forum some where then i stumbled on SS ...... im still looking for that mature sensible rational informative saints forum :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

come on HSV drag out that archive link- its great for memory tempting

I think sainters.com and then saintsational for me after saints forum,
I too wrote the occassional item for sainters and attempted to post photos- boy did I fail at that ,
the dinner at the chinses restaurant was happening around the time I first started to post I think.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:saints chat
yea same! i think saintbrat was who alerted me to ss as most of the posters would refer to articles published on ss!

Go saints in '09!
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:come on HSV drag out that archive link- its great for memory tempting
You're pushing it there brat.

Have a new computer, and no idea what the link is.

Will have to do a bit of a search.

They walk amongst us...