Kayne Pettifer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

QueenC
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:If Robertson is disgruntled at Melbourne, he would be a TERRIFIC pick-up for us. He also has something that our forward-line seems to lack - unpredictability.
OK, just going to clear this up.

As far as I know he is not disgruntled and that is a fairly insulting statement. Robbo has been at the club for over a decade and I honestly don't see him jumping ship over money. He is a Demon through and through, and I hope will play out his days, which are limited with us.

That being said there is an ongoing contract discussion over whether he should get two years or three. And I will be honest if Robbo is going to hold the club to ransom over what would be a very risky (age and injury) three year deal then he can look else where.

But I don't see it happening.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

QueenC wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:If Robertson is disgruntled at Melbourne, he would be a TERRIFIC pick-up for us. He also has something that our forward-line seems to lack - unpredictability.

As far as I know he is not disgruntled and that is a fairly insulting statement. Robbo has been at the club for over a decade and I honestly don't see him jumping ship over money. He is a Demon through and through, and I hope will play out his days, which are limited with us.

That being said there is an ongoing contract discussion over whether he should get two years or three. And I will be honest if Robbo is going to hold the club to ransom over what would be a very risky (age and injury) three year deal then he can look else where.

Yeah sure mate... I was just continuing along the path that a previous poster had alluded to - hearing a rumour about Robbo. Personally, I can't see him leaving as he seems to be hugely passionate about the Red & the blue, but if the opportunity came up for us to sign him, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

The Saints are coming!
QueenC
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:
QueenC wrote:

Yeah sure mate... I was just continuing along the path that a previous poster had alluded to - hearing a rumour about Robbo. Personally, I can't see him leaving as he seems to be hugely passionate about the Red & the blue, but if the opportunity came up for us to sign him, I'd take him in a heartbeat.
But, just out of curiosity, would you offer him a three year deal?

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

I'm 50-50 on that QC...I reckon if he was 1-2 years younger i'd definitely do a 3 year deal. Hypothetically, I might offer him a 3 year deal because he doesn't have an extensive history of soft-tissue injuries according to my iffy memory? Would be valuable due to his flair and unpredictability, which we sadly lack up forward.

The Saints are coming!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Robbo has for years played most games..till this year where he played 14.

He is basically 29 witha game built around athleticism.......so too old for my liking as I think there is more downside than upside.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'd have a crack at Pettifer for the right price.

Richmond will be looking for a top 35 pick, however.

I'd do it for Blake (Terry Wallace wanted him in 2005) + our 4th rounder.

Altenatively, sub Blake for any of Brooks, Sweeney or Ferguson.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

carn_sainter
Club Player

The player we need most is the Bulldogs' Shaun Higgins!

Robbo is a selfish show boat who is way too old, has had a rubbish 2007 and doesn't interest me at all

richmond would laugh at the suggestions thus far made for the p-train, but they would ask for more than he is worth

killa_gram
Club Player

Pettifer is softer than our own Fiora. If we had him and Fiora I will go absolutely mental at the club. There is a reason why the Tiger supporters want to trade him, they all know he is soft and shite, so why would we touch this massive girls blouse?
Last edited by killa_gram on Thu 30 Aug 2007 11:36am, edited 1 time in total.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Would love Robbo... it would be good for him too, to have a few more big blokes around up forward.

It won't happen though, he comes across as a true Melbourne person who hurts when the club is down. An absolute gun and absolutely what we need, a 6 footer who takes marks consistently & kicks goals.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

ashjam wrote:If Sampi was prepared to committ himself to football, he would be a cheap and talented acquisition as well.
i wouldnt touch sampie with a carlton pic the boy got home sick living in perth whats he gunn be like in melb ??
too fat too slow one trick pony think Rioli in his last years

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Robbo has maybe 1 or 2 seasons in him 3 at the outside.

we have kosi, ferguson, sweeny and watts all with talent to walk up.

why not develop one of those?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

With the exception of Ferg & Sweeney, those players are not the 6 foot, flanker who can kick bags that Robbo is.

Not sure that Ferg or Sweeney could fit that bill anyway. Having said that I don't think either has been given a fair crack at showing what they can do at senior level. I really liked Sweeney's debut game and I reckon Ferg can play.

QueenC
Club Player

Thanks for your opinions guys :) !!!

Beekay
SS Life Member

Robbo is too old. No thank you. Great player to watch, hope he stays a Demon so he doesn't become a hated bloke.

Pettifer would be a hot and cold player like he is at the Tigers. Could not see him ever turning more than a few games at best. Seems very mentally weak.

DIDAK. I'd give up a bit for him. Second or third round pick, plus a player, plus maybe even a later pick. He is a match winner on any given day. He plays good in the big matches. He is cocky and arrogant. He is in your face and exciting. He is dangerous ALL THE TIME and makes the opposition sweat and turn nervous. Yes thank you. Very unlikely, but if the chance came we would be insane not to chase him.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:DIDAK. I'd give up a bit for him. Second or third round pick, plus a player, plus maybe even a later pick.
No offence, but are you crazy? Or just plain stupid?

If he was up for trade, Collingwood would want two top-20 picks.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:DIDAK. I'd give up a bit for him. Second or third round pick, plus a player, plus maybe even a later pick.
LOL

also dudak would cost about 400k plus P/A on the salary cap for a goodish form forward pocket HFF.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Beekay
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:
No offence, but are you crazy? Or just plain stupid?

If he was up for trade, Collingwood would want two top-20 picks.
Yes, I am sure you didn't mean any offence by that, you smacker.

I know it would take a lot and I stated it is very unlikely.

But I reckon to have Didak along side Riewoldt, Kosi, Fraser, and co, would be amazing.

Can also play up the wing and in the middle in bursts.

Although a dream, he would add a very nice demension to the team.

And talking about stupid.... Blake and a 4th rounder for the P-train... yeah good one mate. Can see that happening.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:Yes, I am sure you didn't mean any offence by that, you smacker.

I know it would take a lot and I stated it is very unlikely.

But I reckon to have Didak along side Riewoldt, Kosi, Fraser, and co, would be amazing.

Can also play up the wing and in the middle in bursts.

Although a dream, he would add a very nice demension to the team.

And talking about stupid.... Blake and a 4th rounder for the P-train... yeah good one mate. Can see that happening.
One of the more humourous contributions I've seen to this site in recent years.

Beekay
SS Life Member

Hope you got a giggle.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

why do ppl think clubs will jump at our tird round or forth round draft pick ??
would we trade any of our starting 22 for a fourth round ???
the comment that this years draft is weak so we may as well trade the third and fourth ... dont you think the other clubs know that and would see a 4th round a pretty s*** option ??

seriously you get what you pay for with trades

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:why do ppl think clubs will jump at our tird round or forth round draft pick ??
would we trade any of our starting 22 for a fourth round ???
the comment that this years draft is weak so we may as well trade the third and fourth ... dont you think the other clubs know that and would see a 4th round a pretty s*** option ??

seriously you get what you pay for with trades
Dude, please brush up your posts...seriously, because what you say is worth reading - so don't hide it in the SMS and MySpace-esq jibberish!

Everything above is spot on, but like so many others, I gloss over posts where attempts at puncuation and grammar (even just basic stuff - paragraphs, starting sentences with capital letters, etc) haven't been made.

Young Georgie
Club Player

Very suss on Pettifers kicking for goal routine suggesting he spends more time doing Auskick sessions than he perhaps should. The last thing we need is a forward who's not a natural goal kicker. We need a player with very keen goal sense and some pace who's not afraid to have a go both at the ball and the big sticks - in the mould of the Davey brothers, et al. While these types are very rare, not sure if anything less would make a huge amount of difference. I don't know who's in the draft but taking a punt on a young indigenous forward ala lovett/lovett-murray etc could be more beneficial than banking on older injury prone trade bait.

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
Saints94
SS Life Member

would be very handy since fraser is most likely to retire sadly :cry:

aussiejones
Club Player

Robbo ..... NO WAY.

Sook,Show pony , moody , an actor , stages for frees blatantly

Robbo ..... NO WAY.No ooooo

nicko016
Club Player

I think Pettifer would be worth having a decent look at and I wouldn't be dissappointed if we gave a bit to get him. Maybe our third pick and a player like Blake. Players like Brooks or Ferguson who may be delisted aren't going to be of much interest to anyone so you'd have to offer at least a playe adds depth and plays a few games. When trading to get anyone of any quality you have to to trade a fair bit. He may be a bit hold and cold and inconsistent but 33 goals for the year is a decent return and 16 touches per game.

He'd give us another option accross HF and has kicked 30+ goals for three seasons in a row. Anyway, when trading the players are always going to have question marks over them because the high profile players very rarely go anywhere and the only people generally up for trade are those who have question marks over them. If they could play four quarters consistenly very week they wouldn't be up for trade.

Is he actually out of contract and are their actual rumours that he could be traded?