Delistings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

seano1
Club Player

Re: Delistings

We can’t delist too many and really it’s the alignment with Sandy that needs sorting out i feel so that both sides are playing the same tune to a point . So that being said need a couple of old heads need to be around to lead the way in Sandys side and as backups , couple of the younger ones Hotton Allison heath maybe another year

Killa
Club Player

One thing with Clark is that he started as a half-back (as did Coffield who did not and has not progressed to a midfield option).

As half backs, they drove us to Finals under Brett (and where the ultimate loss of Carlisle and Long leading into the Final v Richmond hurt us badly).

Since then, both have endured shocking runs with injury.

This has curtailed Clark's move to the midfield virtually until what we are seeing now.

And saw Coffield depart.

We have our outside runners promise with Henry and Wilson in support of Hill.

Plus Byrnes and Wood up and down the ground.

Brunswicksainter
Club Player

Bonner
Patton
Van es
Allison
Ross
Keeler

Jones very lucky to keep his spot based purely off the last month, but as a fan base I think we are forgetting how poor he has been for the couple years prior. That Richmond game at Norwood oval is burnt into my mind.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bonner maybe
Patton probably
Van es no
Allison yes
Ross yes
Keeler no

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Brunswicksainter
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2024 12:29pm Bonner maybe
Patton probably
Van es no
Allison yes
Ross yes
Keeler no
I think Keeler is gone, dont think hes rated by the club at all. Never really got a chance but hasnt been great at VFL level. Not 100% sure on Van Es just seems to hard to get his body right.

The other ones i forgot are membrey who will definitly leave for a way better offer at North or the pies and Hayes who I think will be delisted also (see van es). Crouch stays due to his contract situation and cordy/campbell will stay for depth.

Saints58
Club Player

saintbob wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2024 4:39am These all should go, if we are serious about a list clean out;

Paton
Cordy
Allison
Ross
Campbell
Couch
Bonner
Hayes

I’m not sure Collard will stick around, he never really seemed to buy in and will probably go down the “home sickness” route to get back to WA.

I thought Cordy is into a 2 year of a 3 year deal so if we delist him we need to pay him out.
Plus if Battle goes we need cordy even if just to ad experience to the Key defence Position as we don't have much experience there.
I don't count Willkie as a KDP as he is only 191cm and often takes the 3 tall

King Max
Club Player