Best win of the year.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Re: Best win of the year.

See next post ....
Last edited by samoht on Mon 19 Aug 2024 10:52am, edited 1 time in total.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Little to do with game plans ... our list is a lot stronger than it's been given credit for.
David King got us right ... we have underachieved, if anything.

The injuries didn't help ... but every team has injuries.
We have depth.

Stocker, a skilled and tough player sometimes missing out on selection ... that is an indicator of our overall strength. I always come back to this.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 19 Aug 2024 9:20am
Lennylegs wrote: Mon 19 Aug 2024 9:13am
SaintPav wrote: Sun 18 Aug 2024 7:02pm Meaningless win according to Damien Barrett.

Ignorant twat.
Where did he say this?
Sunday Footy Show.

Segment should be on YT.
I wonder if Geelong thinks the win was meaningless? The fact they had everything to play for means the win was full of merit. Yeah we won’t play finals, but with Barrett’s attitude, apparently why would anyone turn up to the footy once out of the finals race because everything is meaningless.

Such a shallow comment. I would much rather we finish the season winning 6 out of our last 8 with some of our younger players finding their feet, than put in the pathetic effort of Richmond, North and WC did on the weekend and get up the draft order by 1-2 spots

SinCitySainter
Club Player

The big difference to my eyes at the game was a subtle change in game plan.

In the first half whenever we got the ball we tended to shoot it wide to try to use the width of the ground and we avoided the corridor as much as possible so as to avoid being hit on the rebound. It didn't work out that way obviously as it made it easy for Geelong to restrict our movement as we limited the space we worked in. That meant that whenever we had the ball we seemed to always be under pressure. Then when the cats got the ball they found it easy to go through us by pinpointing short kicks to position.

In the second half we seemed to be far more willing to use all the ground including the corridor which stretched Geelong's ability to cover us. Once we had the team running hard to all points of the ground showing a willingness to use the space Geelong could not maintain the pressure on the ball carriers. This meant we got more easy uncontested marks as we weren't always just trying to go in the single direction.

Definitely, our best performance of the year better than the Essendon game which I think was our best to that point. Sydney if they had kicked straight or we hadn't would have beaten us quite comfortably and the Pies weren't playing that well at the start of the season.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 19 Aug 2024 4:12am
SaintPav wrote: Mon 19 Aug 2024 12:27am
StPeter wrote: Mon 19 Aug 2024 12:05am
SaintPav wrote: Sun 18 Aug 2024 7:02pm Meaningless win according to Damien Barrett.

Ignorant twat.
If we won the premiership Barrett would find a way to hose it down. He has never had any respect for St Kilda.
If we lost by 80 points would he have said it was an meaningless loss?

I doubt that he has ever said anything positive in his entire life.

Essendon supporter I believe.

Text from a friend about him:

“He is an insult to all 3rd rate pseudo-journalists!”
Barrett barracks for North Melbourne

"Barrett barracks for North Melbourne" In THAT case he (and "his" club) deserve each other!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Mon 19 Aug 2024 10:49am Little to do with game plans ... our list is a lot stronger than it's been given credit for.
David King got us right ... we have underachieved, if anything.

The injuries didn't help ... but every team has injuries.
We have depth.

Stocker, a skilled and tough player sometimes missing out on selection ... that is an indicator of our overall strength. I always come back to this.
Yes, I agree. David King has been correct about a lot of things regarding us last year and this season. I heard him this morning and I thought he absolutely nailed where we are, where we could be, and what we are doing well at present to the proverbial tree.

I have seen him regularly at training over the pre seasons under RL and he is doing his homework on the St. KFC. I rate what he says and listen when he is talking about us.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.