Former Saints Watch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Former Saints Watch

Scollop wrote: Fri 23 Aug 2024 11:17pm Friday night game at the MCG has been suspended due to possibility of lightning. Contested possession count way down. Tackle count way down for both teams.

Collingwood are 41 points up with only 9 minutes to go until the final siren.

The commentators are suggesting with the score and with the game being a dead rubber, it's probably going to mean a continuation of more uncontested footy when they get back on the ground.

Should suit Jack Billings
I looked Jack Billings up in my Funk & Wagnalls dictionary and it said 1/ hack and 2/ picked before Bontempelli, i said... oops.

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Oh Jack Billings… ran in to an open goal and missed

I don’t miss that

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I remember he did that in his first game in 2014 which was against Melbourne.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintbob
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Sun 28 Jul 2024 7:21pm
skeptic wrote: Sun 28 Jul 2024 7:04pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 28 Jul 2024 5:21pm Gresham has had a pretty solid season, he has been a decent pick up for Essendon.

Very difficult for any small forward to flourish in Essendons team yesterday.

Whether the decision is successful will depend upon how Collard turns out as a player or compensation received for Collard if he heads back to WA in the future, as the compensation was average, and I was not aware we needed a salary dump.
My understanding is that the offer on the table from us was $600k and that Essendon went quite a bit higher to lure him. Rumour has $750k.

I agree with you he’s been decent but IMO, nowhere near that kind of value
Decent? I thought he would be considered disappointing . Always knew that Bytel would succeed given a proper chance, which was never given to him at Moorabbin.
Not too many Essendon supporters would agree with the solid season assessment, most would say he’s been disappointing.
Imagine having Gresham and Stringer in the same forward line, how f****** frustrating would it be to have to watch the both of them!!!

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Have look and see where ya think we could've improved ....this draft only (with trades).
https://www.draftguru.com.au/clubs/st-kilda

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

So summing up for a few players…

Gresh has had similar year to what he typically had with us… a few good games, a few bad ones and a lot that was in the middle.
Personally, I think he was down on form compared to last year and given that they paid more to lure him away. I reckon that’s one to us.

Hind doesn’t seem to have played the year out. Pbly a candidate to be cut but overall has been decent value for them.

Not sure if Cripps has retired or not but he kicked another two goals in a hopelessly outmatched WCE team and has had a great career. Of the players that left the Saints… he’s actually arguably the biggest loss in terms of performance.
250 games, 300+ goals, a career that’s spanned a long time. Much better than many of the high profile players on this list we talk about.

Acres… 19 touches, 13 in the second half and 2 goals. No question that giving him away how we did was a bad move but I’m still not convinced he’s a loss that will hurt us too much. To me, he doesn’t seem to have the ceiling that you’d hope for or the damage. Strikes me more as a guy that gets 20 touches in a good team effort and someone that struggles when the team struggles.
It’s a loss no doubt but not critical

Bytel dropped for the last round… seems to more or less be at the same standard as with us. Will be interesting to see if he stays on the list.

Joyce… well he’s in the team and you have to respect that. Can’t say I rate the performance all that much.

Billings… has made a late push to save his career with bigger numbers in the last month including 18 on Friday night with a goal and a miss from the goal square running into an open goal. Can’t say he’s made us look silly in moving him on. Again will be interesting to see if he survives the axe. Has been underwhelming at best.

Stanley looks to have one finals campaign left in him. Doing well in the ruck and can take advantage of weaker teams. Not dominant but does his role. Good on him I guess

Coffield finishes the season in the 2s needing a big preseason to bring himself remotely close to what he’s capable of.

Long kicked 3 goals off about 12 touches. IMO a fantastic year for the kid. Would have been ahead of Butler this year

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Hind delisted by Essendon today

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Mon 26 Aug 2024 8:19pm Hind delisted by Essendon today
:D 8-)