Jekyll n Hyde

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sanctorum
Club Player

Re: Jekyll n Hyde

The argument over Brad Crouch has been going on for a while and there are certainly times when I think his disposal efficiency is questionable.

But overall you need to bear in mind that this season Crouch is 2nd to Jack Sinclair in total disposals at 27.5 per game and has an average ranking in Fantasy of 105, which suggests to me that he is no slouch and is clearly the team's best full-time midfielder, as Sinclair does that only part-time.

What this also highlights is that St Kilda lacks an elite midfielder in the mould of De Goey, Oliver, Liberatore, Neale, Petracca to mention a few.

I imagine Gubby and SOS will have such a player on the top of their shopping list at the end of the year.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Liberatore?

He’s exactly like Crouch

What is this shopping list??
Do you think it’s as easy as just going out and buying player

You need to trade for - therefore need capital

Who are all the DeGoey, Petracca style midfielders available?
178cm Parish?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 05 Jul 2023 11:10am
Teflon wrote: Wed 05 Jul 2023 10:24am
Scollop wrote: Wed 05 Jul 2023 12:33am How is Brad Crouch rated as a midfielder? Somehow... I don't think AFL coaches go to bigfooty for some random anonymous opinions. They need analysis for the effectiveness of a player.

What happens after the player gets a clearance...What happens after a player kicks or handballs or tackles an opponent...Does the team benefit?

Answer: viewtopic.php?p=2018301#p2018301

80% of Saintsational posters gave him best on ground votes...it seems the coaches disagreed. :idea: One good smother alone doesn't earn votes.

I'll repeat...zero centre clearances against WCE for the match. Crouch had 4 tackles and 8 possessions in the second half of footy. If we relied on him to win games we'd be lucky to have 4 wins this year.

He gets tackles at stoppages and wins a few contests with a handball at times, because he just happens to be present at the stoppage. He is replaceable.
So he’s just “lucky he gets in the right spot”???
I think once again you’re showing your flaws
He didn’t get in coaches votes so he’s not delivering???
I think you need to re-watch the game and maybe instead of drooling over stats or coaches votes take a look at how many knock ons, spillages from Crouch tackles gets it going our way (not flashy but very effective)
As one BF poster described him …he’s your four Toyota Landcruiser type …and you need them in the midfield
Who’s your immediate replacement of Crouch who can step in tomorrow, provide 17 tackles and game high possession from the inside ????
I’m all ears…😂
You.

C’mon Teffers.You can do it. I have faith in you.

Just picture it right… You’re at the MCG in the middle of the ground and the ball is bounced.

Rowan gets the tap. It bounces off an opponents hip and falls on the ground. Before he has time to look the right way, you bend down, rip out a fart and and you still have time to pick up the footy. Unfortunately at this stage 3 players from the opposition pounce on you and you cop a cracked rib, you dislocate your shoulder and you’ve got some sort of other pain in your back which could be your kidneys bleeding.

Nevertheless. You were there Teffers. You happen to be at the stoppage and you momentarily got your hands on the football. When you are over your injuries, you’ll be back in there and I’m sure after about 20 attempts you’ll get a handball off (probably to green grass or to a team mate 1 m away who is about to get tackled). You’ve just earnt yourself a clearance stat… the equal of some of Brad’s best.

Effectiveness of a mid and specifically their clearances is based on 2 things. How many clearances someone gets based on the amount of stoppages they attend and what happens after that first disposal out of clearance. In other words if Gresham or Clark get twice as many clearances per stoppage attendance to Crouch then they are more effective. It doesn’t matter that Crouch had a higher number. If Owens gets a clearance and it results in a scoring chain or a goal assist 400% more often than when Brad Crouch gets a clearance, then once again, it matters not that Crouch had a few more insignificant clearances on pure numbers.

In the meantime, you keep going to BF posters for your footy knowledge while the coaches use proper analysis and data to rate the effectiveness of their charges.
And after all that guff ….whose replacing Crouch tomorrow?????
Crickets
I think your best comment was your statement “last comment from me on this thread” wise choice you’re looking silly
Oh and there’s a difference between a thread becoming a pissing contest….and just calling out ordinary posting/thinking
🤔

“Yeah….nah””