Jack Hayes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack Hayes

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 29 Jun 2023 1:08am
B.M wrote: Thu 29 Jun 2023 12:50am He wasn’t dropped

His skill set is what we need - not his level of ability - he is a GOP

A fwd who can pinch hit in the ruck
He was omitted in favour of Paddy Ryder, who took on and beat 210cm Reeves. Marshall took on Nash and did ok. Ryder was the man who gave Hayes the opportunity in the first place by going home I think. At 196cm, Paddy came back in style and not only beat Reeves but he kicked a couple of goals.

If there is a skillset that we are missing, it's the 'overated' skill set of 197cm ruckman, who can beat 210cm ruckman, provide lollies for the midfield and go forward and goal. His ability to get up in big games was handy too. When Paddy went down, he took Ratten with him.
Is there really a difference between being omitted or being dropped ?
Either way, he was gonski from the team for that week.

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote: Fri 30 Jun 2023 4:32pm

He was omitted in favour of Paddy Ryder, who took on and beat 210cm Reeves. Marshall took on Nash and did ok. Ryder was the man who gave Hayes the opportunity in the first place by going home I think. At 196cm, Paddy came back in style and not only beat Reeves but he kicked a couple of goals.

If there is a skillset that we are missing, it's the 'overated' skill set of 197cm ruckman, who can beat 210cm ruckman, provide lollies for the midfield and go forward and goal. His ability to get up in big games was handy too. When Paddy went down, he took Ratten with him.
Are you BM and forgot what account you are in? 🙂

Of course you aren't. Just like there is no difference between dropped and omitted. I can see why you may have thought that's what I meant though.

I recall Ratten discussing that Hayes was 'omitted' because of Reeves at 210cm. I was a bit shocked to see him 'dropped.

A clear indication of his and a long standing opinion that Marshall struggles in the hit out department against the big boys.

Lyon is the only coach who has decided Rowan is the number one. He was discovered by accident and his point of difference is clearance work.

I live Marshall but Id much rather have a tap ruckman and better clearance mids, with Ro as an intercept defender and second ruck.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 30 Jun 2023 9:57pm
bobmurray wrote: Fri 30 Jun 2023 4:32pm

Are you BM and forgot what account you are in? 🙂

Of course you aren't. Just like there is no difference between dropped and omitted. I can see why you may have thought that's what I meant though.

I recall Ratten discussing that Hayes was 'omitted' because of Reeves at 210cm. I was a bit shocked to see him 'dropped.

A clear indication of his and a long standing opinion that Marshall struggles in the hit out department against the big boys.

Lyon is the only coach who has decided Rowan is the number one. He was discovered by accident and his point of difference is clearance work.

I live Marshall but Id much rather have a tap ruckman and better clearance mids, with Ro as an intercept defender and second ruck.
No i'm not BM, thankfully, i just couldn't believe he was adamant Hayes wasn't dropped and then you said he was omitted, i thought that was on purpose. :lol: :lol:
BM's problem is he is just too in love with BM . :lol:

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock: