Sandy v Lions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Re: Sandy v Lions

ace wrote: Sat 24 Jun 2023 7:44pm How many kicks did Pooh get.
NONE, ZERO, but that was playing for St Kilda on Friday when he should have been playing for Sandringham today.
Consequently Bytel got no kicks on Friday.

Pooh isn't ready for AFL yet, neither is Heath.
But Heath would have to be of greater value than Pooh.

Disagree with this.

Pou has had some good games and some good moments in most games where he has struggled.

This was no doubt his worst game but a players ability to cover the ground is key to our game plan and Heath currently can't do that to the same level as Pou.

The only way I see heath getting a game over the next month is if Max was injured or suspended.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 24 Jun 2023 7:47pm I thought Billings was injured, or am I confused with someone else?

SURELY he finally gets a game next week??
Probably, .... however

It will unbalance the team to make too many changes :roll: :| .

Bytel clearly is not required because our apples and oranges are performing well. Who know he may get 20 minutes as sub

Sharman and Byrnes come out and Seb Ross and ONLY one of Billings or Bytel to come into the team. I pick JB senior (that's in age - not size :P )

Both Sharman and Bytel unlucky in my opinion. Only one gets a game in seniors BUT only as sub. They both need to tick a few more boxes and fulfil some unknown criteria on a secret spreadsheet (yes...we've readopted the spreadsheets)
Last edited by Scollop on Sun 25 Jun 2023 3:27am, edited 1 time in total.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 24 Jun 2023 3:09pm Billings only played 5 mins of the last Q

Jones, McKenzie on limited game time

Best
Bytel, Campbell, Billings, Cordy, Milne, Peris

It’s funny how the VFL side looks better when a few senior players come back

Bachelor couldn’t coach a pig to be dirty - the position of defenders in the second quarter with a 4 goal breeze was ridiculous

Brisbane kicking cost them the game

Bytel would be a great pick up by another club, as would Billings

Ross did not play at all - ridiculous
Gee...that sucks if Billings was taken off and he wasn't injured? What are we teaching our young players?

I like Batchelor but what sort of 'culture' and standards are we creating at St Kilda when we can't finish out games.

A successful culture should be all about a winning culture. It's what Geelong does and what they did during their 3 flags a decade ago

It's what Hawthorn did during their 3 peat with Box Hill also winning Premierships. Same with the Bulldogs and their VFL team

Same with Richmond and their dynasty

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 25 Jun 2023 3:25am
B.M wrote: Sat 24 Jun 2023 3:09pm Billings only played 5 mins of the last Q

Jones, McKenzie on limited game time

Best
Bytel, Campbell, Billings, Cordy, Milne, Peris

It’s funny how the VFL side looks better when a few senior players come back

Bachelor couldn’t coach a pig to be dirty - the position of defenders in the second quarter with a 4 goal breeze was ridiculous

Brisbane kicking cost them the game

Bytel would be a great pick up by another club, as would Billings

Ross did not play at all - ridiculous
Gee...that sucks if Billings was taken off and he wasn't injured? What are we teaching our young players?

I like Batchelor but what sort of 'culture' and standards are we creating at St Kilda when we can't finish out games.

A successful culture should be all about a winning culture. It's what Geelong does and what they did during their 3 flags a decade ago

It's what Hawthorn did during their 3 peat with Box Hill also winning Premierships. Same with the Bulldogs and their VFL team

Same with Richmond and their dynasty
Very common to do that with a player coming back from injury.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Have to agree with BM and whilst I’m not RTB’s biggest fan the decision making is very clear and seemingly logical.

Why wouldn’t you be cautious with Billings in the early stages of his being able to play.

For 2 years, Billings has barely been able to sneeze without getting injured for months at a time. His match time, fitness, recovery, prep etc needs meticulous attention to detail

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Billings did run throughs along the boundary in the last quarter to get some more miles in the legs

They didn’t want a re-injury to his hamstring

Jones played majority forward, as did Billings, DMac on the wing

saynta
Saintsational Legend

State league affiliate: Sandringham (VFL)
This weekend: Sandringham v Brisbane at Trevor Barker Beach Oval, Saturday June 24, 11.05am AEST

MATCH CENTRE Check out all the stats from Sandringham's clash

Jack Billings and Jack Bytel staked their claims for senior spots with strong performances in Sandringham's draw with Brisbane on Saturday.

Billings had 24 disposals and kicked 3.2 on his return from injury and Bytel had 26 and kicked 2.0, to go with 13 tackles and seven clearances.
01:13
1 day
VFL Showreel, R14: Jack Billings highlights

Enjoy Jack Billings' standout VFL performance for the Zebras

Tom Campbell was the dominant ruckman on the ground with 40 hitouts, 18 disposals, eight tackles and five clearances.

Zaine Cordy (19 disposals, 10 marks), Tom Highmore (22) and Jack Peris (16, two goals) had good outings.

Zak Jones (14 disposals) and Daniel McKenzie (11) also made their returns from injury.

Olli Hotton kicked a goal from seven disposals and Leo Connolly also kicked a major from 15 touches.