Nick Coffield - injured, again 🙄

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nick Coffield - injured, again 🙄

Sainternist wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 2:31am
CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 27 Apr 2023 7:43pm
nostalgicsaint wrote: Thu 27 Apr 2023 7:32pm
Sainternist wrote: Thu 27 Apr 2023 7:07pm
nostalgicsaint wrote: Thu 27 Apr 2023 6:32pm Could have another 10 years ahead of him.

Non event.

I read the update on the saints site as we understand how good he could be and are taking no risks.
Really? By the time he comes back from injury, it’ll be the good part of 2 years since he has played a game of AFL footy. That’s a long time to be out of the game for. Can’t think of too many players who were out that long and rebounded to have long and successful careers. I hope I’m wrong, but he’ll have his work cut out for him. Not to mention, injury prone players aren’t regarded too kindly by list managers.
Luke Ball
Chris Judd
Joel Smith
Lance Franklin

All players that spring to mind.
Aaron Hamill
Paddy McCartin
Dan Hannerbery
Daniel McKenzie

The list goes on.

That list doesn’t bring me much confidence.

Hamill’s career got cut short by injury. McCartin may not even play again. We all know what happened to Hannebery! And D-Mac may not play again, either.
I reckon you should get 4 years to get your s*** together, less if you are a top 10 draft pick. Injuries are a prick but it's not like Coffield is going to revolutionise our back line. If we pay him to recovery, he'll get offered more elsewhere. If we match it, he probably won't recover. I don't see the point.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bump

“Yeah….nah””
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Must play the ball where it lies on this one.

Learn from any mistakes (if there were any), rehab, and move on.

Coff gets a few games in the VFL at the back end of the season but if we are flying top 4 I can't see him breaking into the team.