Geoff Walsh on......Geoff Walsh

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Geoff Walsh on......Geoff Walsh

Sanctorum wrote: Mon 19 Dec 2022 11:22am
Saintmike65 wrote: Sun 18 Dec 2022 8:00am
B.M wrote: Thu 15 Dec 2022 11:41pm How do you become a good club?

Geoff Walsh
“Get good players”
Reality is you have to be a good club to attract good players.
100% Sm65, Walsh is there to give our footy club some much needed credibility which it certainly has been lacking for years, and that will draw good players from other clubs to want to play for the Saints.

As for the suggestion that at 67 he's too old, what a load of BS, since when is 67 OLD???? :lol:

Walsh has a massive scrapbook of success in VFL/AFL administration at a senior level stretching back to 1985.

His role as Executive General Manager of football I expect is to make sure the engine continues to run smoothly, that everyone is carrying out their specific roles effectively, and holding everybody to account, including the senior coach.

Above all, Walsh will make certain St Kilda FC will be not just relevant in the AFl, but respected and admired in the big league by friends and foes alike!
It's not his age that will necessarily stop him from being able to repeat past performances, it's his desire to continue to commit to the hard work and be 110% committed and laser-like focused on his role, and so his past performances as a much younger man are now irrelevant in that regard. Hop on over to the Collingwood fan sites to get some feedback on his role that ended in controversy at Collingwood and left the club in a mess, and most importantly ended with his public admission that he knew his time was up in the game because he had already cast his mind to a life in retirement.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

What if the club is looking to put succession plans in place for a number of key positions. And
How old is that excellent Cook fellow with Carlton via Cats and Eagles. Has anyone tried to pull the ageist commentary on him like vrort is with Geoff.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Mon 19 Dec 2022 2:04pm What if the club is looking to put succession plans in place for a number of key positions. And
How old is that excellent Cook fellow with Carlton via Cats and Eagles. Has anyone tried to pull the ageist commentary on him like vrort is with Geoff.
you can chat with me directly if you like, continuously talking to empty spaces is making your persuasive argument skills look weak. If you need help I'm happy to work with you while you practice the craft.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Mon 19 Dec 2022 12:35pm
It's not his age that will necessarily stop him from being able to repeat past performances, it's his desire to continue to commit to the hard work and be 110% committed and laser-like focused on his role, and so his past performances as a much younger man are now irrelevant in that regard. Hop on over to the Collingwood fan sites to get some feedback on his role that ended in controversy at Collingwood and left the club in a mess, and most importantly ended with his public admission that he knew his time was up in the game because he had already cast his mind to a life in retirement.
Fair enough Vortex, I understand that you're sceptical about Geoff Walsh calling time on his footy career when he finished up at Collingwood two years ago. The following announcement by the Pies is worth noting:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-ne ... 734ae9d077

I can tell you from my own experience spanning eight decades that in life "a change is as good as a holiday" and I have not the slightest doubt that Walsh will commit himself "110% laser-like focussed on his role" as you put it. At age 66 he is hardly over the hill and I imagine that he will be relishing this fresh opportunity to kick a few more goals - I know I would and perhaps at age 66 you might too!!

Winning a second St Kilda premiership, aspired to by dozens of Saints coaches and administrators over the past 56 years remains one of the biggest challenges in the AFL - wouldn't mind betting that Walsh would love nothing more than accepting this challenge and to conquer that Everest......

That supporters flogged him speaks volumes for the way Collingwood fans like to devour their own, in total disregard of Walsh's outstanding contribution to the team's success over many years!

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 19 Dec 2022 3:28pm
Yorkeys wrote: Mon 19 Dec 2022 2:04pm What if the club is looking to put succession plans in place for a number of key positions. And
you can chat with me directly if you like, continuously talking to empty spaces is making your persuasive argument skills look weak. If you need help I'm happy to work with you while you practice the craft.
You’re suggesting chatting to you is different than chatting to empty spaces??

“Yeah….nah””
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Wed 21 Dec 2022 7:43am
I'll admit I'm not the best candidate, but someone has to come to his rescue, maybe see if you can teach him some of the three letter words you know.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 21 Dec 2022 10:04am
I'll admit I'm not the best candidate, but someone has to come to his rescue, maybe see if you can teach him some of the three letter words you know.
Are you talking to me spacey?

“Yeah….nah””
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Wed 21 Dec 2022 8:50pm
who needs a hug

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 22 Dec 2022 9:34am
who needs a hug
who needs a cold teaspoon

“Yeah….nah””
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 22 Dec 2022 5:36pm
who needs a hug
I never attended Catholic boarding school, is a cold teaspoon effective?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 23 Dec 2022 11:25am
Teflon wrote: Thu 22 Dec 2022 5:36pm
who needs a hug
I never attended Catholic boarding school, is a cold teaspoon effective?
Your snide Catholic comments are really offensive and wearing thin.