Our ITK

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our ITK

Devilhead wrote: Mon 05 Sep 2022 11:36pm
Vortex wrote: Mon 05 Sep 2022 11:22pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 05 Sep 2022 11:03pm I just wrote in Yorkers field ..sorry

I am sure Yorker is OK..

But I appreciate his comment about dribbling Robbo and the absolute professionalism of Mr Whately
9.9 blokes out of 10 who post here would have a blast having a beer with Robbo, Whately not so much.
Why?? Whately is articulate, loves his sport, likes to listen and gives you a chance to talk and as far as we know consumes alcoholic beverages .... probably would have a better conversation with Whately than a dribbling incoherent Robbo
Robbo is a nice bloke and all..yeah, but he winds up into these animated postures before he gives you hint about what he is gonna say! It’s incruciatingly painful and it reminds me of myself..You find yourself trying to deduce what he is trying to say before he winds up into another animated over kill.

Sure he has got some good insights .. Now Whately may not say much, he may not say much beyond what we think is a vanilla blend of the ‘popular. And politically safe’ but whatever, you admire his restraint.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

tony74 wrote: Mon 05 Sep 2022 6:44pm 🔴⚪️⚫️
So the RW n B is Tony's way of saying
'Go Saints'

I'm confused

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Banger9798
SS Life Member

shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 06 Sep 2022 12:47am
Devilhead wrote: Mon 05 Sep 2022 11:36pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 05 Sep 2022 11:03pm I just wrote in Yorkers field ..sorry

I am sure Yorker is OK..

But I appreciate his comment about dribbling Robbo and the absolute professionalism of Mr Whately
9.9 blokes out of 10 who post here would have a blast having a beer with Robbo, Whately not so much.
Why?? Whately is articulate, loves his sport, likes to listen and gives you a chance to talk and as far as we know consumes alcoholic beverages .... probably would have a better conversation with Whately than a dribbling incoherent Robbo
Robbo is a nice bloke and all..yeah, but he winds up into these animated postures before he gives you hint about what he is gonna say! It’s incruciatingly painful and it reminds me of myself..You find yourself trying to deduce what he is trying to say before he winds up into another animated over kill.

Sure he has got some good insights .. Now Whately may not say much, he may not say much beyond what we think is a vanilla blend of the ‘popular. And politically safe’ but whatever, you admire his restraint.
Leo Barry used to say, about his famous runs from the backline, that he has no idea where he is going to go, so how could his opponents.

Robbo is the same when he opens his mouth. His mouth just makes s*** up, and he has no sequence to his thoughts and opinions, it's just a spin of the roulette wheel.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Robbo has passion for the game and a very good understanding of the game

Despite what people think of him from watching him on the visual medium, I believe he is a very astute Aussie rules journo.

He also played the game of aussie rules in the lower leagues.

Robbo is honest. He understands people and he understands the politics of AFL

Whately would sell his soul to the highest bidder. He is a con. He needs to stop hiding too

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Robbo smells of dim sims and sausage rolls

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 06 Sep 2022 9:45am Robbo has passion for the game and a very good understanding of the game
Except when it comes to Essendon.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Tue 06 Sep 2022 1:45pm Robbo smells of dim sims and sausage rolls
steamed or fried?

Templar
Club Player

Hmmm.. steamed sausage rolls. Sounds like it could be a go. With soy sauce?

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Tue 06 Sep 2022 2:00pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 06 Sep 2022 9:45am Robbo has passion for the game and a very good understanding of the game
Except when it comes to Essendon.
Like I said. He has passion.

It was funny listening to Robbo respond to Gerard on AFL360 after Essendon lost to the undermanned West Coast Eagles in round 15.

Funny for viewers, but he wasn’t laughing. He’s like most of the public who ride the ups and downs of their team’s fortunes and his emotions reflect that

Gerard was trying to tell Robbo at that stage of the year that the Essendon fans still cared about having a good year in 2022.

Robbo said to him that he stopped ‘caring’ in round 7. I think at that stage they’d only won 1 game from memory.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Despite what people think of him from watching him on the visual medium, I believe he is a very astute Aussie rules journo.

He also played the game of aussie rules in the lower leagues.

Robbo is honest. He understands people and he understands the politics of AFL

Whately would sell his soul to the highest bidder. He is a con. He needs to stop hiding too

Didn't realise Robbo was your cousin, Scollop.
I take it all back.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Tue 06 Sep 2022 1:45pm Robbo smells of dim sims and sausage rolls
Careful .... that kind of talk could attract P66 back to this forum

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Fugazi,

Easy to pot people and look for flaws and imperfections, but I started looking beyond the visual aspect. I suppose that includes sometimes looking beyond his presentation style or his use of the English language

I don’t know the bloke personally and I’ve never been a regular reader of the Herald Sun, but I got to hear his views and opinions over many years on AFL 360 and I warmed to the guy. I think he’s genuine and authentic and I like that about people. But first and foremost, I respect his footy opinions. He knows his footy

He was also one of the only journo’s to express an opinion that was different to the general view last year when Hunter Clark had his jaw broken in 3 places by David MacKay from Adelaide

“Many viewed it as an unfortunate accident, but one that is expected and permissible under the Rules as they now stand. Those who considered that Mackay should not be suspended generally focused on his intent to contest the loose ball.
Others contended that, in light of the evidence of serious long-term impact of head injuries, change was necessary and the bump should be punishable, if not under the current Rules, then at least in the future. Mark Robinson, from the Herald Sun, maintained that, given the link between traumatic brain injuries and mental illness, an intent to contest the ball should
not always be sucient. He stated: “... we’ve got to stop saying, ‘He’s going for the ball’.”

Sanctorum
Club Player

I don't mind Robbo and Gerard on AFL 360, he's certainly passionate about our game and couldn't agree more when he pointed out last night that this finals series has proved beyond doubt that the AFL administration has done a damn good job to improve the quality of football this year, and restored AFL as the most exciting and spectacular football code on Earth.

This programme is far superior to the rubbish dished up by the three clowns on The Couch, if only Lyon, Brown and Riewoldt realised that their long running show was once considered the best serious analysis of the round just played, instead of trying, and failing dismally, to out do each other attempting to be funny.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 06 Sep 2022 3:43pm I don't mind Robbo and Gerard on AFL 360, he's certainly passionate about our game and couldn't agree more when he pointed out last night that this finals series has proved beyond doubt that the AFL administration has done a damn good job to improve the quality of football this year, and restored AFL as the most exciting and spectacular football code on Earth.

This programme is far superior to the rubbish dished up by the three clowns on The Couch, if only Lyon, Brown and Riewoldt realised that their long running show was once considered the best serious analysis of the round just played, instead of trying, and failing dismally, to out do each other attempting to be funny.
Umpiring standards?
The stand rule?
The 6/6/6 rule?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Tue 06 Sep 2022 3:58pm
Sanctorum wrote: Tue 06 Sep 2022 3:43pm I don't mind Robbo and Gerard on AFL 360, he's certainly passionate about our game and couldn't agree more when he pointed out last night that this finals series has proved beyond doubt that the AFL administration has done a damn good job to improve the quality of football this year, and restored AFL as the most exciting and spectacular football code on Earth.

Umpiring standards?
The stand rule?
The 6/6/6 rule?
Four games does not prove the assertion.
There have been some terrible games this season. More terrible games than great games.
Two teams were not AFL standard, and another three weren't for most of the season.

Rules that continually frustrate fans and players alike. Wasn't that long ago we were all questioning the state of the game as to why people weren't attending.
Geez, this industry has short memories.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Tue 06 Sep 2022 4:08pm

Umpiring standards?
The stand rule?
The 6/6/6 rule?
Four games does not prove the assertion.
There have been some terrible games this season. More terrible games than great games.
Two teams were not AFL standard, and another three weren't for most of the season.

Rules that continually frustrate fans and players alike. Wasn't that long ago we were all questioning the state of the game as to why people weren't attending.
Geez, this industry has short memories.
Industry is incestuous; protects itself. The theme from the AFL is "Game" has never been in better shape - coincidently as broadcast deal is inked. Media handmaidens pick it up and run with it citing 4 close-ish games week 1 of finals played by sides with most talent. Do'h.
Big issues with umpiring, unfair draws, MRO processes, commentators, gambling, cost of attendance/food/drink; realistically only top 4 can win premiership and slots there are reserved for Geelong and one of Pies or Richmond.
None of the flagship shows, esp. 360 and on the couch are much chop, never really get stuck in to powerful clubs or AFL administrators or broadcasters, all so cosy. The insight Healy, Roos, Dunstall and long ago Blighty brought is now just a memory. On the Couch has become a chat show with pretty mannequins and 360 low brow fluff for Fox TV.
Front Bar is fun and increasingly appreciating Footy Confidential, heaven help me.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Templar wrote: Tue 06 Sep 2022 2:21pm Hmmm.. steamed sausage rolls. Sounds like it could be a go. With soy sauce?
https://www.kuali.com/recipe/appetizers ... age-rolls/

excruciatingly ...not incruci.. see i am like Robbo in a way.

Fried dimmies vs Steamed dimmies..
Latter goes with fish n chips...specially when the soy sauce leaks through the corner of the little paper bag and stains your clothes.
Fried when you are fast on the go.
And want more room on the train.
More stench, bigger bench.

Templar
Club Player

Self moderated

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Tue 06 Sep 2022 3:21pm Fugazi,

Easy to pot people and look for flaws and imperfections, but I started looking beyond the visual aspect. I suppose that includes sometimes looking beyond his presentation style or his use of the English language

I don’t know the bloke personally and I’ve never been a regular reader of the Herald Sun, but I got to hear his views and opinions over many years on AFL 360 and I warmed to the guy. I think he’s genuine and authentic and I like that about people. But first and foremost, I respect his footy opinions. He knows his footy

He was also one of the only journo’s to express an opinion that was different to the general view last year when Hunter Clark had his jaw broken in 3 places by David MacKay from Adelaide

“Many viewed it as an unfortunate accident, but one that is expected and permissible under the Rules as they now stand. Those who considered that Mackay should not be suspended generally focused on his intent to contest the loose ball.
Others contended that, in light of the evidence of serious long-term impact of head injuries, change was necessary and the bump should be punishable, if not under the current Rules, then at least in the future. Mark Robinson, from the Herald Sun, maintained that, given the link between traumatic brain injuries and mental illness, an intent to contest the ball should
not always be sucient. He stated: “... we’ve got to stop saying, ‘He’s going for the ball’.”
You had me at Fugazi

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I am sure Yorker is OK..

I wouldn't have a beer with that injectors supporting fat f*** moron if you paid me a thousand bucks.

Have stopped watching 360 because of that arseling.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 07 Sep 2022 10:20am

I am sure Yorker is OK..

I wouldn't have a beer with that injectors supporting fat f*** moron if you paid me a thousand bucks.

Have stopped watching 360 because of that arseling.
I didn't think you drank booze anyway Stinger so Robbo can breath a sigh of relief then.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Umpiring standards?
The stand rule?
The 6/6/6 rule?
I didn't say that the AFL world is perfect, just that the quality of footy this year is by far the best I've witnessed in the past 10 years or more, but that's just my opinion....

Yes, umpiring standards could be improved but that's easier said than done in a game that is so incredibly fast paced, with 36 players all running around all over the place on the biggest oval in any code, countless scrimmages as ten or more players compete for the loose ball. Easy for armchair experts watching on a big screen with many cameras focused on the play to criticise umpires' decisions, but I dare say none of us would do any better!

The introduction of a 4th field umpire next year has real potential to improve the outcome of on-field decisions, especially off the ball infringements, while there's still work to do on video reviews of the goal mouth as well as the MRO which is still chronically inconsistent in their adjudications of head high collissions.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Robbo cr@ps on like a drunk bogan
Don’t watch the show as the 2 clowns are amateur
Rather watch first crack and I hate King but he doesn’t carry on like drunk uncle robbo

“Yeah….nah””