Predictions this Round

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Predictions this Round

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022 6:20pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022 4:37pm Might be corker of a game...

In the spirit of Spiro.....Kourka...

Sheldon, Burkey, and the tiny left footer from Fitzroy (name?)

Edit...I knew it was Brad something...
Then.. 'Gotch' 🙆‍♂️
Loved it , brought back a lot of memories , Frankie Coughlan, Robby Elphinstone, Greg Burns, Brad Gotch, Micky Dwyer, Russel Jeffery obviously Frawley, Lockett ,Winmar, Loewe ,Burke , Grant, Rice just stars & the Carlton recruits Muller ,Sheldon ,Wow, Spiro & probably someone else I forgot & Jack Daniels knows how to win the footy but the worst kick in AFL history yep even worse than James Manson & he was terrible but thanks for memories :wink: :D

Templar
Club Player

I liked the roar of the horn of the diesal train that went past ~5 mins before time while we were a few points up followed by the cheeky cheers from the Saints supporters in the crowd.

I like to imagine that the train driver was listening to the game on his radio when the Cats scored that point in dead time after the half time siren because the umpires didn't hear it. (even though everyone else did)

And then an hour later old mate comes past in his train and let's it rip muttering to himself "That's not a horn!"

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Where’d we finish in 1988 with all those quality players?

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

B.M wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022 11:12pm Where’d we finish in 1988 with all those quality players?
I know we didn't make the finals but it was a stepping stone that got us moving forward & we got better but unfortunately even with those players just could not go on with it :(

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

darylcowie wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022 5:42pm We were the last team to beat them this season, albeit at Docklands.
Also let's not forget that we led the pussies by 5 goals early down there late last year.
Even under Richo in his death throws back in 2019 we led them down there by a kick at half time.
So we can compete with them, despite the venue.
I expect a similar performance to 2019.
In the hunt at half time, but class will prevail and the pussies will salute by about 5 goals.
We have a better chance of beating the flaky lions next week.
The problem for the Saints then is they need to be in front at the final siren, which can be a foreign concept for them.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
B.M
Saintsational Legend

I can tell you where we finished

Last

And by three games!!!

We were 14th with 4w 18l while Brisbane Bears finished above us in 13th with 7 w 15l

It was an abysmal season

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

B.M wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022 11:30pm I can tell you where we finished

Last

And by three games!!!

We were 14th with 4w 18l while Brisbane Bears finished above us in 13th with 7 w 15l

It was an abysmal season
Not surprised that happened on a regular basis but by the early 90's we turned the corner we were a very competitive unit & if not for Ablett taking out Burke & Grant in that final I think we could have gone all the way . Big call but we only just lost & those 2 players would have been very handy in the last quarter IMO

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022 10:22am will be competitive for the first 15 min then slowly drop off

by half time we will be organising our holidays for sept.
And yep

“Yeah….nah””
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022 10:00pm
WellardSaint wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022 6:20pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022 4:37pm Might be corker of a game...

In the spirit of Spiro.....Kourka...

Sheldon, Burkey, and the tiny left footer from Fitzroy (name?)

Edit...I knew it was Brad something...
Then.. 'Gotch' 🙆‍♂️
Loved it , brought back a lot of memories , Frankie Coughlan, Robby Elphinstone, Greg Burns, Brad Gotch, Micky Dwyer, Russel Jeffery obviously Frawley, Lockett ,Winmar, Loewe ,Burke , Grant, Rice just stars & the Carlton recruits Muller ,Sheldon ,Wow, Spiro & probably someone else I forgot & Jack Daniels knows how to win the footy but the worst kick in AFL history yep even worse than James Manson & he was terrible but thanks for memories :wink: :D
yep..fantastic stuff!

Isn't it odd?

So many iconic players! ..that we loved!

Such a vibe, yet..

we finished last...and by a long way. Somewhere between Tasmania and Antarctica. Last win in June.

And after a decade of miserableness results wise, countless coaches..etc. etc.. The Doc years.

And we had slipped from 9 wins and 10th in 1987.

Colourful part of the St Kilda tapestry.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Rubyjo
Club Player

Geelong would have watched the contenders the pies and the demons..and will be breathing fire in a dragon game of thrones sense ..and will wanting to make a statement... we will be put the the sword .and I heads will be put on spikes around Geelong . There is no doubt about it ..

Rubyjo
Club Player

Geelong would have watched the contenders the pies and the demons..and will be breathing fire in a dragon game of thrones sense ..and will wanting to make a statement... we will be put the the sword .and I heads will be put on spikes around Geelong . There is no doubt about it ..

Rubyjo
Club Player

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Sat 06 Aug 2022 12:51am Geelong would have watched the contenders the pies and the demons..and will be breathing fire in a dragon game of thrones sense ..and will wanting to make a statement... we will be put the the sword .and I heads will be put on spikes around Geelong . There is no doubt about it ..
lol

Love the drama!

That’s quite a picture you have painted Ruby Joe.

I picture this dark, cold, windswept headland, jutting out over Bass Stait, and at the end, spikes and their heads…

And a St Kilda cross!

And it looks just like the headland at St Kilda island itself, where the islanders tested their young men, by making them hang over the ledge.

I got my ‘22 away jumper yesterday, and today is the first and last day I can wear the same jumper as the lads and probably the last time they’ll wear it…and we are still in contention..

Pray for a miracle…
And we shall not be the prey

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!